WOOT!! - Racing Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
WOOT!!
Saturday, August 23, 2008 2:00 PM
Hey guys,

I ran a few weeks ago at a local bracket racing competition, my best time was:

15.215 @ 91.2mph with a 2.303 60'

My mods are a AEM Cold Air, High Flow Cat, and a custom 2 1/4 catback.

Pretty good i thought considering my mods.

Im hoping to get my 60 foots down and crack into the 14's the way it sits

Re: WOOT!!
Sunday, August 24, 2008 6:54 PM
Glad to see others are excited as well....haha

Sunday, August 24, 2008 8:17 PM
not bad man... get those 60's down like you said..

were you running on the 17's? if so try putting the stock wheels/tires on and lower the pressure.

have you messed with your suspension settings at all to try and hook better? i see you have gc coilovers and koni yellows, tons of room to play there...

Monday, August 25, 2008 12:15 AM
def a nice trap and e/t get that 60' down and you should lower your e/t into high 14s

good job!

Monday, August 25, 2008 12:33 AM
Awesome time !, some members have a hard time even hitting that blown.

My Cav
I give up...
i'm buying a VW those people love trees, so they should love eachother too... "Andy"
Monday, August 25, 2008 5:25 PM
z yaaaa wrote:not bad man... get those 60's down like you said..

were you running on the 17's? if so try putting the stock wheels/tires on and lower the pressure.

have you messed with your suspension settings at all to try and hook better? i see you have gc coilovers and koni yellows, tons of room to play there...

Those runs were done of a set of Drag Radials mounted on a set of 14's, the problem was it was a @!#$ty airport track that hadn't been used in like 4 years, so it was like racing on bare asphalt....which sucks. I was cutting better 60 foots on my stock tires....ohh well tho.

And yes, the suspension has a pretty good rake to the front of the car as it is, I set the front to full soft and the rear to full stiff. It was the first time i played with the suspension at the track and it definitely seemed to help, then again, it was also my first time on DR's so that could be the difference as well.

Thanks guys, im going down to CSCS at TMP in October, hoping to get a 14 pass in since its a real track.

Tuesday, August 26, 2008 9:50 AM
How is it possible to hit those times with only those mods???

"You can only feed them semen for so long before their legs fall off."

Tuesday, August 26, 2008 3:36 PM
Senorguitar19 wrote:How is it possible to hit those times with only those mods???

driver mod? it's not that fast. very good time, but not unreal.

87 Firebird
All stock...........lol.
Tuesday, August 26, 2008 3:45 PM
not trying to be call anyone out, but wasnt the posted time 15.2 STOCK with a PROFESSIONAL driver.....if your getting these times, maybe try making some money in drag racing...

Tuesday, August 26, 2008 4:26 PM
Not to be a jerk, but i just cant see hitting 14's with only those 3 things, no matter how good the driver is. That's cobalt ss range right there.

"You can only feed them semen for so long before their legs fall off."

Wednesday, August 27, 2008 4:51 AM
^^^^ just relax man, dont be jealous

nice times, those 60ft time will get ya. did you take the your tire pressure down with the DR to try to hook, did you warm up the tires?

Wednesday, August 27, 2008 9:43 AM
EVOFire {DesertTuners} wrote:not trying to be call anyone out, but wasnt the posted time 15.2 STOCK with a PROFESSIONAL driver.....if your getting these times, maybe try making some money in drag racing...

Those runs were done in a braket racing competition, so far i haven't placed (ussually about 100 cars in my class) but i have got top 32 a few times. Still gotta work getting my reaction times down, but being consistant is definitly helping my cause.

Senorguitar19 wrote:Not to be a jerk, but i just cant see hitting 14's with only those 3 things, no matter how good the driver is. That's cobalt ss range right there.

Driver mod my friend, I have like a dozen time slips at home i can take a picture of if you like. Also there are quite a few members on this site that will verify that those are my only mods to the car.

It would of been in the 14's had it been a actually race track, however I have a header going on before I go back to the track so it will definitly be in the 14's now (at least i hope).

Liquidplamsa wrote:^^^^ just relax man, dont be jealousnice times, those 60ft time will get ya. did you take the your tire pressure down with the DR to try to hook, did you warm up the tires?

I warmed them up, 2nd gear burnouts every time but ussually just got a one wheel peel out of it, then the differential started howling so i would let off.....lol

I had the tires as low as 13lbs of air but I still wasn't hooking up and i started to lose MPH. Also i started to get some really bad wheel hop so i bumped the pressure back up to like 18lbs and left it. Id rather have @!#$ty 60' than broken axles or tranny.

The track i was at was garbage, it was a air strip and litterally it was bare asphalt, even the start line was asphalt, everyone was having trouble hooking up

Thursday, August 28, 2008 9:13 AM
Nice time dude!

I have an '03 and I ran 15.1 @ 89.9 with a 2.1 60 foot.

My only mods were Aem CAI, 2.25" cat-back, and short shifter.

Thursday, August 28, 2008 9:33 AM
Thats awesome man, at least someone else on this forum has heard of the driver mod LOL

Thursday, August 28, 2008 9:38 AM
The drivier mod makes a difference, i will attest to that, but it seems these people are claiming to run better then the professional driver did when testing the car....if thats the case, then maybe all those guy above should be pro drivers...15.2 in a nearly stock car is almost impossible for the average driver to get...

Thursday, August 28, 2008 3:15 PM
Senorguitar19 wrote:How is it possible to hit those times with only those mods???

I believe Mandy ran 14.8 with basically the same mods. or maybe a header too Not to sure if she had the header for that run.

Thursday, August 28, 2008 6:23 PM
EVOFire {DesertTuners} wrote:The drivier mod makes a difference, i will attest to that, but it seems these people are claiming to run better then the professional driver did when testing the car....if thats the case, then maybe all those guy above should be pro drivers...15.2 in a nearly stock car is almost impossible for the average driver to get...

I can take a picture of the time slips if you want?

It is definitely not impossible, seeing as myself and a few others have achieved those times or better with basically the same mods.

However, if you would like to refer to me as a professional driver from now on that would be fine with me

Saturday, August 30, 2008 3:13 PM
I can verify what is done to the car

AEM CAI
2,.25 Exhaust Pipe to Magna Flow Cat to Borla Turbo muffler
Koni Yellows on Ground controls
Moved Power enrichment down to 1000 RPM via HPT

Last but no least the DRIVER MOD

Car is a 2005 Eco with low miles

Believe what you want but thats how the car sits

Wednesday, September 03, 2008 7:21 PM
Thanks Darren

Wednesday, September 03, 2008 7:41 PM
Nice, I too pull the 15.2 s with a good set of tires or DRs and a 1/8 tank. I know my car very well.

Thursday, September 04, 2008 4:17 AM
Its not unbeleivable i rean 15.11@91mph in a 03 ecotec cavalier with DR, AEM Intake and Ground Control/Koni REds.

Good Job

Friday, September 05, 2008 2:54 PM
I'm curious where you guys are getting professional driver from.

If its from some time a magazine got... those guys are far far from professionals. If its a GM driver in a totally stock car I still don't see why you're calling out someone with a modded car.

Plus the suspension and drag radials are uber key which i didn't hear that senorita guitar noob mention once.

Nice times man, good luck with 14s, they should be very possible.

Monday, September 08, 2008 3:08 AM
Nice job. Really nice trap. I just put on my AEM CAI, so, I'm glad to hear it can make that much of a difference!
BTW, is the "driver mod" you guys talking about losing weight (diet)?

Tuesday, September 09, 2008 9:18 AM
Driver Mod just means that you can drive very good, your times are really effected if you can't drive worth a damn.

Point and case : On one of my 15.2 runs i was lined up against a Mazadaspeed 3.....kid ran a 15.5.....embarrassing.

Tuesday, September 09, 2008 10:03 AM
What were your 1/8 mile times? Weird question, I know, but I want to be able to compare them to the times in my old Sunfire.

Caution: I have an odd sense of humor, so don't be offended by the things I say
MMMM, HIDs
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search