Anybody using the E3 plugs? - Racing Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Anybody using the E3 plugs?
Saturday, September 13, 2008 2:25 PM
Just wondering if anybody is using the new E3 plugs yet? It makes a couple extra HP on a SBC, so the gain might not be as big...............but if boosted or spraying......... could make a difference.

Re: Anybody using the E3 plugs?
Saturday, September 13, 2008 5:49 PM
well lets see...

They made 2 HP on a 5.7 ltr engine

We have a 2.2 ltr

the SBC is 2.59 times larger than ours

so you divide the 2 hp increase by 2.59 you should gain around .78 HP

I say do it!!!

Saturday, September 13, 2008 6:40 PM
Thanks for explaining why you don't want to try them, but it was a yes or no kinda question.

Point is, they do work. Whether it's one hp or 10. Just wanted to see if anyone was trying them.

I don't see what the problem is. Everybody is willing to waste $40 on a crappy ebay intake that makes 2hp but trash talks $24 worth of plugs that make one.
One more than you started with.

I just wanted to know if they were safe on spray or under boost more than anything else.

Saturday, September 13, 2008 7:49 PM
if they made 2 hp on a 5.7L I doubt they actually make a difference. 2 hp is nothing, your numbers will vary from run to run more then 2 hp so those number could easily be made to look better.

as for if they are safe for boost/nitrous... are they platinum/iridium/copper? are they stock heat range?

You can use any plug with nitrous or boost but it doesn't mean its necessarily a good idea.

Saturday, September 13, 2008 9:34 PM
I gained 2mpg average when I switched to E3s in my 2.4L Ecotech I wasnt looking for power as much as a more complete burn and better milage. I got a lil better throttle responce, but no DRASTIC increase in performance.

Sunday, September 14, 2008 5:02 PM
Exactly! Not trying to say: (in a ricer tone) "Hey yo! You bros tried the new phat E3s yet. Dawg!! Get your power on yo! I hear they make mad power on a Veetack!"
Just wanted to know if anybody here with first hand experience. Keep speculation to yourself.

Sunday, September 14, 2008 5:17 PM
i thought they gave 5hp on the 350 chevy dyno... over stock replacement style. horsepower tv episode.

Fall 08 Omaha/western Iowa area meet...CLICK ME!
Wednesday, September 17, 2008 4:29 AM
i believe it was this episode

http://www.powerblocktv.com/sites/horsepower/episodes/index.php?ep_num=HP2007-22&ep_sea=0702

RIP JESSE GERARD.....Youll always be in my thoughts and prayers...

Wednesday, September 17, 2008 1:43 PM
I should get them for my Tahoe its almost needing plugs now at 60,000 miles

Wednesday, September 17, 2008 10:23 PM
has no one else realized that he posted in the wrong section?

Friday, September 19, 2008 2:31 PM
Maybe I didn't make it clear that I was looking for someone that is using it racing under hard conditions and such. I also posted the same question under the nitrous section. I'm installing them tomorrow and will go to the track for the first time since the swap next Thur.
Just wanted to know if I was the first to try them under race conditions. Wasn't concerned with mpg or "performance" just durability or whether they might lean the motor out or whatever.

Friday, September 19, 2008 3:57 PM
I've never tried them, but I can tell you from first hand experience that:

1. The company is CHEAP.
2. The plugs are manufactured in China.

Friday, September 19, 2008 4:25 PM
Your so gonna get chewed out now for not posting actual experience. ---^

Hearsay doesn't cut it man, don't post if you ain't to teh fActs!

/being eddie

Friday, September 19, 2008 7:06 PM
Funny. Here's a fact : you suck!
J/K

Friday, September 19, 2008 10:15 PM

Sunday, September 21, 2008 1:46 PM
when i clicked racing forum did my browser bring me to the wrong area? im confused, is anyone out there a computer genius? can anyone help me fix my computer? i really think its broken bad, cuz i seriously was looking for the racing forum. is this the racing forum? mine says it is. can anyone help please? im lost. hmmm im really confused with all this. can anyone verify if my computer is broken? anyone? really its not good that my brand new computer is broken and is taking me places different than the place i actually clicked on. ok im gonna go now and re click on the racing forum, this post better be gone cuz its worthless to the racing forum that i clicked on. does it say racing forum to anyone else right here on top of the jbo thing? here let me show u

now is this correct or is my browser wrong? just someone help me out here

Sunday, September 21, 2008 4:02 PM
gmanz24 wrote:when i clicked racing forum did my browser bring me to the wrong area? im confused, is anyone out there a computer genius? can anyone help me fix my computer? i really think its broken bad, cuz i seriously was looking for the racing forum. is this the racing forum? mine says it is. can anyone help please? im lost. hmmm im really confused with all this. can anyone verify if my computer is broken? anyone? really its not good that my brand new computer is broken and is taking me places different than the place i actually clicked on. ok im gonna go now and re click on the racing forum, this post better be gone cuz its worthless to the racing forum that i clicked on. does it say racing forum to anyone else right here on top of the jbo thing? here let me show u

OK? Was trying to get info on whether or not anyone was racing with these plugs. How does that not belong in the racing section. I guess you need to go act like a Nazi on some other posts too where they put up pics of a new roll bar or vids of an exhaust spitting flames with a 2 step.

Sunday, September 21, 2008 4:24 PM
Vitamin E (AKA Eddie) wrote:
gmanz24 wrote:when i clicked racing forum did my browser bring me to the wrong area? im confused, is anyone out there a computer genius? can anyone help me fix my computer? i really think its broken bad, cuz i seriously was looking for the racing forum. is this the racing forum? mine says it is. can anyone help please? im lost. hmmm im really confused with all this. can anyone verify if my computer is broken? anyone? really its not good that my brand new computer is broken and is taking me places different than the place i actually clicked on. ok im gonna go now and re click on the racing forum, this post better be gone cuz its worthless to the racing forum that i clicked on. does it say racing forum to anyone else right here on top of the jbo thing? here let me show u

OK? Was trying to get info on whether or not anyone was racing with these plugs. How does that not belong in the racing section. I guess you need to go act like a Nazi on some other posts too where they put up pics of a new roll bar or vids of an exhaust spitting flames with a 2 step.

why? i was here today and now. i wasnt there looking at those posts then, im here now and this is nothing against u. plugs relate to how the engine "performs" maybe u should stick this there? idk maybe?

what i wrote was a joke but come on now.. maybe i should start a post in racing on what turbo i should use to get down the track faster...
and originally your ques had nothing to do with the plugs and racing.

Vitamin E (AKA Eddie) wrote:Just wondering if anybody is using the new E3 plugs yet? It makes a couple extra HP on a SBC, so the gain might not be as big...............but if boosted or spraying......... could make a difference.

more performance forum right?

have a swell day my man!!!

Sunday, September 21, 2008 5:11 PM
A guy from CSS.net blew his motor the day after switching to these on a stock setup, I think.

Buy My Crap.
Random Stuff:http://www.ecotecforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6590
[WTB]http://www.ecotecforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7348
Sunday, September 21, 2008 7:50 PM
Why would you start a rumor like that?

"you think"!!

Sunday, September 21, 2008 7:53 PM
BTW gmanz24....don't know if it's worth mentioning but there is a "top WHP list" post in this racing forum, too.
Is "gman24" really the best name for a kid?

Sunday, September 21, 2008 10:01 PM
Vitamin E (AKA Eddie) wrote:BTW gmanz24....don't know if it's worth mentioning but there is a "top WHP list" post in this racing forum, too.
Is "gman24" really the best name for a kid?

hey man this isnt a penis waving contest. i didnt call u out on something like that but im no kid. im young yes, but at least im a bit more on top of things than u..
i guess ill leave u and ur n/a monster alone, ill keep running my better times doing what i do following the topics of the jbo forums

if u want me to be a kid about things i can maybe when u wanna man up and get on my level ill talk to ya man to man. till then ill be a kid to ya...

Monday, September 22, 2008 7:43 AM
I've got my answers just let this die now.

Monday, September 22, 2008 7:49 AM
Vitamin E (AKA Eddie) wrote:I've got my answers just let this die now.

why this is fun!!!

jbo!!!!!

Monday, September 22, 2008 1:07 PM
war forum. see you there

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search