97 G.A. 4 door dirt track race help - Racing Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
97 G.A. 4 door dirt track race help
Thursday, September 11, 2008 7:46 AM
I have been racing a 91 Acura Integra for the last 2 yrs at a local 3/8 mile dirt track and have just changed cars to a 97 grand am 2.4l automatic. It is of course a complete stock class with no suspension mod's allowed.
Has anyone been racing one of these cars? What can I do discreetly to get any advantage?

Thanks in advance for the help and suggestions!!!

Re: 97 G.A. 4 door dirt track race help
Sunday, September 14, 2008 12:24 AM
K&N filter? Not much you can really do. I guess if you had the steelies, you could trade up for a set of OE rims, and they couldn't really say anything since they're OEM. Does the whole car have to remain completely 100% driven off the lot stock? I've never really had the opportunity to participate in any motorsport at all yet, and I live away from anywhere where people race at all, really. No auto slalom, no drag strip, no dirt racing, no road courses. A grand am with a 2.4 is honestly a bit sluggish since it's so big and the engine doesn't churn out much power to accommodate the heavy body.

2010 Honda Fit LX
Re: 97 G.A. 4 door dirt track race help
Friday, September 26, 2008 7:58 PM
I race at a 1/4 mile paved oval that allows no mods of any kind other than gutting interiors and the main things you can do to gain an advantage are; Rebuild the motor. and gut absolutely everything you can in a larger car. Deck lid hinges springs everything you should be able to pick up the rear of your car by hand.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search