Fan over ride switch? - Racing Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Fan over ride switch?
Sunday, October 05, 2008 9:43 AM
Ok i've looked and can't find anything please help! Ok so i know there is a way to over ride your fan swich so
can anybody tell me how?

Re: Fan over ride switch?
Sunday, October 05, 2008 3:35 PM
somebody?

Sunday, October 05, 2008 3:45 PM
Are you looking to hook your fan to a toggle switch on your dash?
Sunday, October 05, 2008 3:55 PM
you can't find it because this is the racing forum.... and well, this has nothing to do with racing. Search the performance forum, its in there.

Sunday, October 05, 2008 5:35 PM
JoeBiv318 wrote:Are you looking to hook your fan to a toggle switch on your dash?

yes i am i went and got all the stuff today and googled it and the only one i can find it for is the 2nd gens

Sunday, October 05, 2008 9:08 PM
Does you fan work now? Is it on all the time? Why do you want to do this? If your fan is not turning on now are you sure it works? Do you have a way to test for voltage in the fan wires, like a DMM (Digital Multi Meter) or just a test light? This is any easy project that you could do in about an hour. Just give me the details because there would be different ways to do this depending on why you are doing it.
Monday, October 06, 2008 3:06 PM
JoeBiv318 wrote:Does you fan work now? Is it on all the time? Why do you want to do this? If your fan is not turning on now are you sure it works? Do you have a way to test for voltage in the fan wires, like a DMM (Digital Multi Meter) or just a test light? This is any easy project that you could do in about an hour. Just give me the details because there would be different ways to do this depending on why you are doing it.

Well the only reason i'm doing it is because i love goint out to the track and running in compatition and at high school drags i
had to open and close my hood all the time and push it up to the start line to keep it cool enough to run consistant
so the only reason i'm doin it is so when i go to the track i can go pit and turn the fan on and cool it down faster!

Monday, October 06, 2008 3:20 PM
your not searching hard enough

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Monday, October 06, 2008 5:53 PM
well i did search alot and didn't find sorry i totally for got about the lib sorry don't get on here than much anymore
and i got in now!

JoeBiv318 so why did you want to know so much about this switch? or why i wanted to do it? Do you have any other suggestions

Monday, October 06, 2008 9:32 PM
I didn't want to assume that you had a perfectly good running fan and just wanted to be able to turn it on manually. I figured that's what you were looking to do but figured I'd ask before giving advice. The diagram above will work perfect, just keep in mind that if you leave that switch on that the fan will still run even w/ the car not running. You can use another relay up where you are going to hook your toggle switch if you are worried about accidently killing your battery. Good luck!
Tuesday, October 07, 2008 7:37 AM
JoeBiv318 wrote:I didn't want to assume that you had a perfectly good running fan and just wanted to be able to turn it on manually. I figured that's what you were looking to do but figured I'd ask before giving advice. The diagram above will work perfect, just keep in mind that if you leave that switch on that the fan will still run even w/ the car not running. You can use another relay up where you are going to hook your toggle switch if you are worried about accidently killing your battery. Good luck!

im not really worried about it cause i have a stick and thats one reason i love having one is becasue e don't have to worrie about
killing my battery! But could you show me how to hook up that switch?

and does anybody besides www.howellautomotive.com make a 180 stat for our cars? Or could u use one from another car?
and if so does some one have to reflash your ECM to get your car to run at OPT at 180?

Tuesday, October 07, 2008 9:47 AM
Google wildweasel

His site has a step by step for the fan switch VERY good write up

Tuesday, October 07, 2008 11:53 AM
Tuesday, October 07, 2008 1:02 PM
justin stockdall wrote:im not really worried about it cause i have a stick and thats one reason i love having one is becasue e don't have to worrie about killing my battery! But could you show me how to hook up that switch?

What does having a stick have to do with your battery running down? I have a stick and can run my battery out just as easily as an automatic.

If your refering to being able to push start the car because its a stick....that gets to be a PITA when your front tires are at 14PSI LOL

I used to race cars, now I race myself.
5K PB: 24:50
10K PB: 54:26
Tuesday, October 07, 2008 2:41 PM
Ok this is really ghetto but worked for us with our circle track car. We hooked the power wire for the fan to the headlight switch. Turn the headlights to the on position and the fan comes on.
Tuesday, October 07, 2008 6:41 PM
Hypsy (TRU TurboSport Cav) wrote:
justin stockdall wrote:im not really worried about it cause i have a stick and thats one reason i love having one is becasue e don't have to worrie about killing my battery! But could you show me how to hook up that switch?

What does having a stick have to do with your battery running down? I have a stick and can run my battery out just as easily as an automatic.

If your refering to being able to push start the car because its a stick....that gets to be a PITA when your front tires are at 14PSI LOL

well what i mean is that if it does die i can always push start it

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search