4 door z new times. - Racing Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
4 door z new times.
Saturday, September 22, 2007 3:39 PM
me and scz24 hit the track today nothing special but i ran my fastest time eventhough the weather was horid. i ran my fastest time ever of 16.5 and that was letting off the gas and wheel hop in second. i need new mounts but at least i beat mike. fastest he was able to run was 16.7

Re: 4 door z new times.
Wednesday, September 26, 2007 5:14 PM
Nice times man nice time

99z for 2015.. I'm back bitches
Thursday, September 27, 2007 11:59 AM
Yeah i had alot of fun. i love going to the track mike has a 2 door z and i beaet him. you should have seen his face when i told him my time. couple weeks i will have the ttr mounts. and the wheel hop can kiss my ass.

Thursday, September 27, 2007 7:36 PM
keep trying and good luck man, its nice to see more and more 4 doors running. trust me its nice to see the looks on peoples faces when they come in behind. well i am going back to the track on Oct.5, to hopefully break 15.7 keep trying my times were from almost stock. best of luck.

Friday, September 28, 2007 12:40 PM
for some reason every time i go i can't get into the 15's i normally have a problem with wheel hop. i had to lauch at 1500rpms not to wheel hop and i still wheel hopped it in second.

Friday, September 28, 2007 5:25 PM
i had loads of wheel hop too, i dont think they prepped the track very well that night. i found i launched best with the least wheel hop at least tire spin at around 2100-2200ish, not if i launched at like 1500 it wouldn't hop but it would bog down even thought the parking brake was up one click to turn off trac control, if i launched lower it hopped like mad and higher it would just spin the tires and when it would hook it would hop. i also had some private label tires on there (capitol negioator?) best of luck and keep tryin man, hope to hear your times drop.

Monday, October 01, 2007 7:50 AM
do you have an auto? and is yours non electric. mine is i guess pretty heavy becuase of all the electrics and body kit plus the swaybar upgrade and the trailer hitch? yeah i know i bought with it on their.

Monday, October 01, 2007 1:59 PM
I did my run back in april, and i am at a rather low attitude so those might play a factor, but i am the auto 4 speed, and i had full interior, full tank of gas, spare tire and jack, and a small load of tools, in the car on that run. i am going back this friday to see if i have made an improvement in my times. but this time i plan to be stripped and light so i shall post it up. again best of luck.

Monday, October 01, 2007 2:48 PM
yeah elevation for me is 831 above sea. i think. do you have electric windows? you runin 15's too.

Monday, October 01, 2007 3:35 PM
power windows, power locks, and only mods at the time were wai, exhaust, upper mount, and shift plus. though my attitude is somewhere around 250 feet, i have high humidity here. i even remember having a cooler of drinks in the car for the folks in my car club. location and the temp probably played a factor as i remember being around 75 degrees at around 60 % humidity accoding to weatherunderground.com and it was my first night ever on the track. and first run was 16.889 @ 84 and on both the 5&7th runs i pulled in the 15.9's i have been told they are capable of better. well friday i run with a 2.3 LO mani, underdrive pulley, lower mount, along with previous mods and hopefully lighter and the ability to air down a little bit to hopefully drop my 60 foot times a tad. best of luck and hope to see ya in the 15's if racing is your goal.

Thursday, November 01, 2007 10:47 AM
Yay more 4 door cavies.Every time i get on here all i see is 2 doors. I have a 99 LS 2.4 4 sp auto. Im about to bolt up the GM s/c

Thursday, November 01, 2007 5:32 PM
There is a couple of us, good luck with bolting on the supercharger, my "secret" cams should be here in the next few days

Sunday, November 04, 2007 7:36 PM
i <3 my 4 door

even @ 14.8 @ 96

Wednesday, November 07, 2007 1:51 PM
my new best beatting mikes was 16.5 still slow but faster than the 2 door z. if i could get rid of the wheel hop she be a lot quicker

Thursday, November 15, 2007 3:19 PM
nest year i will be faster. i will be a 100 pds lighter.

Monday, November 24, 2008 7:00 AM
i got down to a 15.59 in the 04 4dr at 87.72mph
Thursday, December 04, 2008 8:45 AM
4-doors rule!

I'm 97 2.2 LN2 with 5-speed. my best was a 16.8 :S this was with full exhaust upper and lower engine mount and lightened alt pulley with a WAI. hopefully modified soon to a CAI.

next pring I'm hoping for low 16's with drag radials and my tranny mounts and control arm bushings in. headwork sometime in the new year will be done too.

Friday, December 05, 2008 11:59 AM
My best is now 15.8 with the eco. mikes is 16.5 with the 2 door z
I think our track is not as good as others. Lebenon valley dragway.
Next year their will be a new track though they are redooing it.

Sunday, December 07, 2008 1:42 PM
I have a friend who races Berettas there sometimes, a red one and a pink and black one, and another friend with a black z26 and and 2nd gen z28 that is pretty sweeet.

Sunday, December 07, 2008 7:14 PM
Well another year down and a new engines going in under warrenty. headgasket blew.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search