New Personal Best Time - Racing Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
New Personal Best Time
Wednesday, November 19, 2008 10:06 PM
I went to the track with most of the members of my car club, I ran my best time so far.

Track: Speedworld Raceway Park
Date: Nov 16th, 2008
Reaction Time: 0.197
60 Foot Time: 2.357
330 Foot Time: 6.696
1/8 Mile Time: 10.201
1/8 Mile MPH: 69.60
1000 Foot Time: 13.171
1/4 Mile Time: 15.872
1/4 Mile MPH: 85.80

http://i38.tinypic.com/2lm17gh.jpg

I ran with everything out of the car (spare, jack, etc...). This is my DD, so I am not wanting a 13 second car, but I would like to be around 15.00. My current mods are updated in my profile, what (other than boost) can I do to get some better times? Yes, its an Auto too. I do get a lot of wheel spin if I launch higher than 1,500 RPM, no I don't neutral drop it lol. I'm sure some decent DR would help.

Re: New Personal Best Time
Friday, November 21, 2008 5:59 AM
Ummm, you have more mods than me. But i run quicker?

Ok heres what you do. First off, leave the trans in drive. You get more power and quicker times not running the gear out. Second, Launch easy but hard. Try to reduce wheelspin as much as possible. Third, take your stock wheels and get a set of smaller tires. This is the equivalent of taller gears. It will make you accelerate quicker, and since your not trapping high speeds, you wont compromise too much speed loss.

Good luck.

Saturday, November 22, 2008 6:31 PM
First he is not as quick as you because 1) your a stick hes auto, autos tend to be more consistent but take more power from the motor 2) you made your runs at cecil county according to your profile page and cecil tends to be one of the fastest tracks in the country because its basically right at sea level. As for gaining more mods you have all the bolt-ons that you could get right now for the ecotec but have you looked into a set of stage one comp cams or the 2.4 ecotec intake manifold swap?
Saturday, November 22, 2008 7:14 PM
HP Tuners. Tune the motor and tune the shift points and characteristics of the transmission.
P&Ped head with larger valves or Patriot Peformance Ecotec Head.
Bigger diameter Throttle body.
What was mentioned by Andrew.
Stock steelies (they're lighter, at least rotational mass wise) with the widest tire you can fit.
This one is FREE: Lower tire pressure, try dropping the pressure a couple psi at a time till you find the best grip. (This will change as the weather and/or track temps change.)

Saturday, November 22, 2008 11:37 PM
Thanks Guys!

I have been looking into some stage 1 cams, I just don't know what brand to get yet. I have read good and bad on about all of them. Once I get cams, we have a local guy who dyno tunes with HPT at his shop. I want to still have decent MPG, but a bit more power.

When I ran at the track this last time, I left my steelies at 35 PSI and spun through first... I dropped them to 20 PSI and had no problems with tire spin, though I was chirping 2nd. Would the solid auto trans mount help out? Having the other mounts, it just seems like a weak point.

Tuesday, December 16, 2008 11:28 AM
Andrew to put the manifold of an 2.4 ecotec they all come the same meaning you can use the 2.2 t/b????

http://registry.gmenthusiast.com/images/cavysam04/personal_pic.jpg
Tuesday, December 16, 2008 11:49 AM
Dan, You can buy my car....lol

I went to the track the same days, and I also ran my best times. If you click on my sig, it will take you to my myslpis.com page and you can see the runs and time slips there...

I was running with my tires at about 26ish PSI.

Tuesday, December 16, 2008 1:00 PM
What shop are you referring to that tunes with HPT here in the valley?

ASE Master Certified Automotive Technician

Tuesday, December 16, 2008 1:18 PM
Alan, its that guy I asked you about a few months back. His name is Steve. He doesnt have his own shop, but he take his personal HPT and uses it to tune at different shops.

Tuesday, December 16, 2008 1:47 PM
ahh

ASE Master Certified Automotive Technician

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search