Many J Owners Trash Talk Hondas.... - Racing Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Many J Owners Trash Talk Hondas....
Thursday, January 01, 2009 10:14 AM
I noticed many J owners trash Hondas, but my question is how many of you have run agianst them??

DiamlerChrysler Certified Technician
ASE Certified Technician
Option D Racing Member

Re: Many J Owners Trash Talk Hondas....
Thursday, January 01, 2009 10:16 AM
i noticed that many Honda owners trash talk cavs and sunfires. whats the point of this thread?

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Thursday, January 01, 2009 11:24 AM
99redz24 wrote:i noticed that many Honda owners trash talk cavs and sunfires. whats the point of this thread?

I used to race cars, now I race myself.
5K PB: 24:50
10K PB: 54:26
Thursday, January 01, 2009 2:23 PM
Pretty pointless thread. But for the sake of staying on a pointless topic, it has always bothered me that there are so many Honda haters on here with stupid user names like "HondaKillaCav" when their car isn't even fast....

- 93 mph in the 1/8 mile
Member of J-Body Of Michigan.

Thursday, January 01, 2009 2:29 PM
i hate this thread. this is @!#$ stupid.

we all drive 4 cylinder economy cars, CANT WE ALL @!#$ GET ALONG.
Thursday, January 01, 2009 5:12 PM
Its inevitable your going to get that no matter where you go. Chevy vs Ford Import vs Domestic its just competition and some close minded opinions.

- 97 Z24 Racecar work in progress
- 04 WRX STi
ATR Crew Member
Thursday, January 01, 2009 7:54 PM
Was the thread starter from a Honda forum visiting?

Doesn't matter.

What it boils down to is this...
All previous groups are going to talk trash about the group that proceeds them.
For example:
Hot Rod hates Muscle Car
Muscle Car hates Imports
Imports hate Domestic Sport Compact

Ten years from now Electrics will hate Gas.
Get over it. Only 1320' will stop the bitching. At least for five minutes at a time.

Saturday, January 03, 2009 5:03 AM
Option D wrote:I noticed many J owners trash Hondas, but my question is how many of you have run agianst them??

Well.

I also love the fact, I don't need to change a belt to keep my valve train from meeting pistons.

Chris

'02 Z-24 Supercharged
13.7 @102.45 MPH Third Place, 2007 GMSC Bash SOLD AS OF 01MAR08

Sunday, January 04, 2009 11:36 AM
Depends on what kind of Honda your talking about. Cavalier vs Civic, or Accord, the cavalier will win. (That is if both are stock)
Sunday, January 04, 2009 8:12 PM
pretty much any car group trashes hondas, lol theres a reason, the owners are the dumbest bunch the hobby has ever saw not to mention having the worst taste the hobby has ever saw

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Sunday, January 04, 2009 10:17 PM
Rodimus Prime wrote:pretty much any car group trashes hondas, lol theres a reason, the owners are the dumbest bunch the hobby has ever saw not to mention having the worst taste the hobby has ever saw

Thats odd, PJ learn a lot from them....

Sunday, January 04, 2009 10:43 PM
Rodimus Prime wrote:pretty much any car group trashes hondas, lol theres a reason, the owners are the dumbest bunch the hobby has ever saw not to mention having the worst taste the hobby has ever saw

it all depends on which part it is you're looking at with them. their performance guys on average are frikkin geniuses.

Monday, January 05, 2009 7:20 AM

i see your usual banter has risen its ugly head again and you are talking out of your ass.
you get dumb owners and bad taste in every kind of car. i see it at the track every friday

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Monday, January 05, 2009 11:14 AM

Anyone else find the irony in that?

...and Honda owners are far from dumb. I have learned a great deal from Honda-tech.com, and they were happy to help me with some questions I had without giving me hell about driving a domestic 4 cylinder. Yes there are some ignorant Honda owners who think they already know everything, but I have seen plenty of those same kinds of people come and go here on JBO. I have also seen plenty of tacky looking J-bodies as well... (not discluding my own).

I have no signiture
Monday, January 05, 2009 12:50 PM
Most non-honda drivers talk @!#$ about hondas and most honda drivers talk @!#$ about every other non-honda cars... etc etc etc... what's your point?

Monday, January 05, 2009 1:26 PM

Typical Rodimus ignorance...

- 93 mph in the 1/8 mile
Member of J-Body Of Michigan.

Monday, January 05, 2009 5:59 PM
Hell I had a 91 civic hatch with the LS swap back in 2006 and didn't give a f*%k who had what! Most of the guys in my area are going with the K series motor swap.
Monday, January 05, 2009 6:40 PM
i thought the vtec engines are really good for getting lots of power out of, and high rpm's...am i wrong?(probably, lol)

it was always my understanding that dollar for dollar when modding the engine, the vtec will be better than the ecotec.

lol, now ppl will chase after me with pitchforks and torchs on here
Monday, January 05, 2009 6:54 PM
vtec isn't an engine, its a feature on many different engines and is nothing even remotely similar to Ecotec. Ecotec is nothing more then a name for the engine platform. They aren't even comparable consider Honda has v-tech on engines ranging from what a 1.5L SOHC all the way up to a 3.5L V6.

Monday, January 05, 2009 6:59 PM
oh, lol, idk...never looked into honda much...but my mechanic always tells me i'm crazy for wanting to do stuff to a cavalier, and to get a honda with a vtec engine, lol...something about on a cable show ppl modify em to get over 700hp with about $10000 worth of work...idk
Monday, January 05, 2009 7:13 PM
it all comes down to the drivers taste. not all honda drivers are stupid $%&@ talkers. and not all j drivers are the brightest. my best friend is a honda guy, and we may not agree about everything when it comes to each others cars but when it comes down to it we both love workin on and moddin cars for a hobby. vehicle make plays no roll in how i view people. i admire many honda drivers for the skill they have and what they can crank out of a 4cyl just like we can.

Monday, January 05, 2009 7:23 PM

Wow just wow

The honda crowd is by far more advanced than that of the jbody community i dont know where you go but i have gained so much knowledge from honda-tech. Hondas lead the group in sport front wheel drive racing.....
tony palo 8.90 @ 169mph

joe simpson 9.17@167

Chris miller 9.2@171 Jonathan Reynolds 9.14@167

i guess dumb people can build cars to go low 9's and high 8s in a full chassis car, if i could do it all over again i would be one of those stupid honda goers..... jeremy knows what im talking about.

R.I.P. Brian Klocke, you will never be forgotten
Monday, January 05, 2009 7:56 PM
***waits for someone to spew crap about the GM built drag cars being faster***

Tuesday, January 06, 2009 6:43 AM

Tuesday, January 06, 2009 7:59 AM
I always got the impression a lot of people i knew trash talked hondas because they are the easy way out. The after market support is ridiculously large, they are cheaper to upgrade, and vtec kicks ass as far as performance goes. For those who don't know, that little feature basically allows hondas to run 2 cam profiles in one engine, one for low rpm and one for high rpm. They get a nice idle that is street-able during normal driving and a ridiculously large cam when they get to higher rmps. To me it seems like the easy way out. Hondas lack imagination and due to their good engineering any dumb-dumb can have a fast honda. Getting there in my cavy makes me feel like i didn't sell out, i actually have to think about what im doing or going to do.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search