Many J Owners Trash Talk Hondas.... - Page 10 - Racing Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Many J Owners Trash Talk Hondas....
Thursday, July 23, 2009 3:02 PM
Gabriel Salazar wrote:hondas are slow dude

wow. you come up with that all by yourself?

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!

Wednesday, July 29, 2009 1:57 PM
Didn't you hear Weeble, GM is sponsoring to have the Chevy Aveo to be developed into a formula car! They say only a few more turns of the wrench... and you know what? I believe it!

Wednesday, July 29, 2009 11:34 PM
^^^^^^

LOL

Saturday, September 12, 2009 11:23 PM
Ok my take on this is people " talk trash " about hondas because probably the most popular honda people mess with (civics) are very very slow stock. A stock cavalier will beat a stock civic, I've raced civics and won everytime.

Wednesday, September 23, 2009 6:26 PM
I love Hondas like I love all cars.
What's it matter if it's a Honda, Cavy, Cobalt, or Hyundai?
It's a car and you make it what you want it to be.
And trash talking will always be there to the tune that we get the infamous question of 'why build up a Cavalier?'.
It's funny because this is the response I get most or that 'look' of huhhh? when I tell them I'm building a Cavalier for a race car.
Funny though, when they do see the car then things change quickly to asking questions about it as opposed to bashing it.
We're it not for the rice boys which are with every car group imaginable, we'd all have less picking of what we drive.
Then there's the issue of muscle car guys and us sport compact guys but that's another thread.

Misnblu.com
Newbie member since 1999
Thank you Dave and JBO!

Friday, November 06, 2009 8:00 PM
Im dissapointed in the fact that this is biggest thread in the fourm.

"boobs now with Riboflabin"
Saturday, November 07, 2009 3:09 PM
No it's not.

Look half way down the Racing Forum's first page, 561 resposes on the Top 25 WHP list .

Friday, November 13, 2009 9:23 AM
Nothing wrong with honda's rlly my best friend has one and its actually a fun engine to work on. The only thing i do have to say about honda's is that where i lived up till this september was in norther british columbia and while we all know gm's paint jobs are crap, at least they dont rust prematurly. up there a honda will never make it past 8 years without rust.if you drive it in the winter. by the time it get to be 15 years old they all have developed alarmingly larg rust holes and it doesnt matter how good of care you take of them. while the gm cars while their paint may flake off (never had this happen to me) at leat they dont rust so badly. my 93 grand am was driven year round there and on back roads alot it had a very tough life and it didnt have a speck of rust on the body cept underneath but thats unavoidable.

anyways honda's are decent cept civics they suck cuase they are actually a dangerous car in heavy snow at least the older hatchbacks are the new ones not so much. they have alot of aftermarket support which makes things eazy and for my friend thats good cause even for those bolt on parts he needs my help to install and pick them. dont get me wrong he is usefull and can figure out a most of it he just lacks the creativity to get around problems that require out of the box solutions. anyways the v-tecs are a good reliable engine from my experience.

for me though i prefer these gm ones because of their lack of aftermarket parts means that i really get to flex my creative muscles and the end result while takeing much more work and planning, is for me much more rewarding cause then when ppl look at the car they dont go oh look anouther person with money to get stuff done to their car. they go huh that guy must really know what he's doing. for me its a matter of personal pride.
Sunday, November 15, 2009 4:16 PM
Jake x wrote:Ok my take on this is people " talk trash " about hondas because probably the most popular honda people mess with (civics) are very very slow stock. A stock cavalier will beat a stock civic, I've raced civics and won everytime.

Basically my opinion. I think most people automaticaly think of civics when they think of honda, and like said, a stock civic doesn't really impress people. Mind you a stock cavalier/sunfire isn't the quickest car out there either BUT they are amercan cars. Why does that matter? Well 1) When people think american car, the first thing to come to mind is not an economy car, generally they think of more top of the line cars/more powerful cars. When they think of honda, they think civic. 2) Generally speaking, most people will stand behind their countries products before another country. Not to mention that people tend to compare honda to every american company combined, sort of unfair.
Sunday, November 15, 2009 6:23 PM
OK you all want to know the real reason people do this?

Because no matter who your are, or what you drive... the majority of people on the planet are D-bags that want to think they are better than everyone else so they trash talk anything and everyone that doesnt do what they do or isnt like them... most usually with no basis on fact at all.. just to make thier seemingly meaningless lives seem more important so they can feel better about themselves.

/thread.

Thursday, December 03, 2009 8:04 AM
Weebel wrote:OK you all want to know the real reason people do this?

Because no matter who your are, or what you drive... the majority of people on the planet are D-bags that want to think they are better than everyone else so they trash talk anything and everyone that doesnt do what they do or isnt like them... most usually with no basis on fact at all.. just to make thier seemingly meaningless lives seem more important so they can feel better about themselves.

/thread.

^YES^

Friday, December 18, 2009 12:14 PM
Civics Suck and are accident prone!!!...I just added fuel to the Fire...LOL...Feel the ate..Burn!

Mods: Synapse Charge Piping, Short Throw, Bad-Mab Dp, Dejon Intake, BYT Tuned!
Parts For SALE! Pacesetter Header(ECO),17'in Resonator, Alternator, Starter, Viper Alarm.
Friday, December 18, 2009 8:09 PM
^y would u do that? weebel finally may have put an end to all this nonsense.

Tuesday, December 22, 2009 7:24 PM
Umm... Wow, this thread has really lasted this long? That's sad. How about everyone be appreciative of each others way they modify their cars and their preference of vehicles... In the end we all love working on a motor and the parts that surround it, am I right? In fact that's a rhetorical question; please don't answer it and stop wasting time with this endless and pointless discussion.

"Vroom."
"Yo I wouldn't race him, there's not even an interior in his car man."
"Vrooooooom PSSSSHHH!"
"Oh sh*t. F*ck that, dude..."

Thursday, December 24, 2009 2:39 PM
haha I love my honda, and it will take a dump on 90% of the cavaliers on this site. do somethin'.

JBOK.org / J-Bodies of Kentucky
Friday, December 25, 2009 2:33 PM
Ben (DirtyJ) wrote:haha I love my honda, and it will take a dump on 90% of the cavaliers on this site. do somethin'.

Your Integra won't take a dump on mine....even AFTER the SiR Swap.......Do somethin'

Monday, December 28, 2009 8:00 PM
Blk04Turbo wrote:
Ben (DirtyJ) wrote:haha I love my honda, and it will take a dump on 90% of the cavaliers on this site. do somethin'.

Your Integra won't take a dump on mine....even AFTER the SiR Swap.......Do somethin'

well duh its N/A

I'm glad you actually did something with your J.

JBOK.org / J-Bodies of Kentucky
Saturday, January 02, 2010 6:29 PM
Hondas are like tampons, every pussy needs one. TRUTH
Saturday, January 02, 2010 7:00 PM
This thread is still going on.. really?

Sunday, January 03, 2010 1:23 PM
yup, bcuz of douchebags like this.

Tyler Williams wrote:Hondas are like tampons, every pussy needs one. TRUTH

Wednesday, January 06, 2010 11:21 AM
Yea, Hondas arnt that bad, its the people that drive them...

It takes a lot more to get a j-body fast then it does a honda.

- Your not-so-local, untrained, uncertified, backyard mechanic. But my @!#$ runs

Wednesday, January 06, 2010 1:03 PM
Option D wrote:I noticed many J owners trash Hondas, but my question is how many of you have run agianst them??

I did for years. I belonged to Club Si. I raced locally and Nationally. I lost to one Honda once. I had my car set to run about 85% - but that's the only Honda I ever lost to. On club Si I posted I would run any HONDA with full interior, on street tires. I raced a 97Z24 AUTOMATIC with a little juice.

It's not really talking trash. It's pride in what you own. There are fast cars made by every manufacturer. There are on thousands of race tracks. I've been drag racing for about 50 years. I've never seen a single car win every race. Be proud of what you drive and be brand loyal. But respect every car that pulls into the lane next to you on the track.
Wednesday, January 06, 2010 7:07 PM
ok hondas vs cavaliers....hm all STOCK hondas have never beaten me at least....now if your talking turboed hondas..sorry guys but hondas are a easy engine to build and you can do all kinds of fun stuff with them...why do i know cause a block of the road is a 600 whp civic....we have a shop here that messes with just hondas and 4 of my friends have been built and tuned..all above 300 and 400 whp marks..again there turboed...

the only problem with them is there torque sucks..ive seen some with 400 whp but there torque is in the mid to high 200s...thats my only flaw ive seen with hondas..

i say our cars cars are better because we do have torque motors...just my two cents.
Wednesday, January 06, 2010 8:27 PM
There Vtek just kicked in yo...

Mods: Synapse Charge Piping, Short Throw, Bad-Mab Dp, Dejon Intake, BYT Tuned!
Parts For SALE! Pacesetter Header(ECO),17'in Resonator, Alternator, Starter, Viper Alarm.
Wednesday, January 06, 2010 11:26 PM
SuperCharged01 wrote:ok hondas vs cavaliers....hm all STOCK hondas have never beaten me at least....now if your talking turboed hondas..sorry guys but hondas are a easy engine to build and you can do all kinds of fun stuff with them...why do i know cause a block of the road is a 600 whp civic....we have a shop here that messes with just hondas and 4 of my friends have been built and tuned..all above 300 and 400 whp marks..again there turboed...

the only problem with them is there torque sucks..ive seen some with 400 whp but there torque is in the mid to high 200s...thats my only flaw ive seen with hondas..

i say our cars cars are better because we do have torque motors...just my two cents.

Torque is really used to get you moving right? Well how hard is it to get a 2000lbs civic rolling vs a 2800 cavalier?

- Your not-so-local, untrained, uncertified, backyard mechanic. But my @!#$ runs
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search