Many J Owners Trash Talk Hondas.... - Page 4 - Racing Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Many J Owners Trash Talk Hondas....
Monday, February 02, 2009 8:27 PM

8 psi with m62 and IAT under 100

Monday, February 02, 2009 9:08 PM
Rodimus Prime wrote:Honda has been around for how long and they still havent produced a single factory engine that makes 300hp, GM did it nearly 50 years ago, so I don't really think of Honda as much of a "best engine" company.

Hell the new Z06 would prob nearly outpower their now discontinued because they sucked F1 program

Wow. You are so ignorant I don't even know where to begin. The TL has a 305hp 3.5L V6, and they haven't really NEEDED an engine with more than 300hp up to this point, as they are smart enough to keep designs lightweight and efficient to get the same job done with less. I've got a honda engine that I beat on every day, it now has over 300,000kms on it, and runs like it was new. Find me a J-body that has done that, and it would be an anomaly, not the norm.

Tell me a story about GM's illustrious F1 development program. I've had a J-body, and I've since had some Honda's, I can tell you that I won't be back. I liked my J-body when I had it, but to have the attitude you do I can tell you would be the kind of guy who would tell people he prefers to drink beer warm rather than cold, because that's all you've ever known.

15.3 @ 89.97mph - '01 SFGT
'98 Acura 1.6EL Sport 5M Y7/Y8 mini me
Tuesday, February 03, 2009 1:39 AM
am I the only one who notices the irony in the title of the thread, and the majority of the 'trash talk' posters in here? lol

Tuesday, February 03, 2009 4:19 AM
this is why i want to cut timing belts, and then see how they run!

Chris

'02 Z-24 Supercharged
13.7 @102.45 MPH Third Place, 2007 GMSC Bash SOLD AS OF 01MAR08

Tuesday, February 03, 2009 9:57 PM
YellowLsSport(now with boost) wrote:I have a turbo ecotec and a ITR swapped civic...

Honda>Chevy
Bseries>Ecotec

All motor 200whp Bseries owns HRC stgII Ecotec.

User Error

Hahn Stage II - Mitsu TD06-20g |3" Turbo-back Exhaust | 61mm Bored TB |
HP Tuners | Innovate WB02 | Spec Stage 3 | Team Green LSD | TurboTech Upper | Full Addco Sways | Sportlines & Yellows |
Wednesday, February 04, 2009 2:59 AM
I think a lot of it has to due with the fact that whenever you get a group of people that have something in common, in this case Make/model of car, you have a bunch of people in that group that just drag everyone down.

In the Honda world you have a bunch of good guys out there that have done ton's of research and swaps and tinkered around with just about every combination to come up with completely awesome setups. There are those that are extremely knowledgeable and helpful with a large array of things. Probably just about whatever you could think of. But then within that same cround you have a larger number of idiots (kinda like society in general). These people think they know everything about it because they can open up a magazine, order parts, and put them on with a couple of wrenches. Which of course why you see so many distastefully modified Honda's out there. Those people make the whole group look bad. From my experience, if you're looking to race a Honda, you wanna look for the one that's got the body kit and tint and wheels and sits super super low to the ground. The one you don't want to mess with it the guy with the Honda that looks like it's seen better days, and had maybe just a couple of mods that appear right away. Something that looks tore up a bit but only appears to have maybe some nicer wheels and an exhaust. In my experience, this is usually the guy that went out and put his money where it counts.

Asides from the aftermarket support, I can't say the j-body world is a lot different. You have a lot of guys (PJ for example who is one of them) who does his research from whatever means. Takes the initiative and trys something new and learns from that experience. On top of that, if there's something he doesn't know he's not afraid to admit that and ask for help from other people. Then of course, you have all the kiddies out there that THINK they know everything and throw around horsepower numbers of other poeple's cars and in general, act like a total jackass.

The one big difference I see in the J-body world belongs to the aftermarket support area. Lots of kids come on (i'm sure we've all seen) and ask questions about this and that part (what's the best exhaust, or intake, or whatnot) and seem to be turned off by the fact that you can't just open any car mag, and just start placing orders for parts, like their classmates that own Honda's can.

Wednesday, February 04, 2009 8:26 PM
my input,, were all just doin our thing, building the cars we enjoy the most,,, i drive a cavi and i dont like honda's...
The way i look at it is they make everything for a honda to make them perform well, were as they do some what for the J-Body, but we also have to custom fab most everything so we have alot more in the car... Ya the honda might be faster but there's nothing like spending day in and day out to get where you want it.
Monday, February 09, 2009 8:02 AM
BlackEco wrote:
YellowLsSport(now with boost) wrote:I have a turbo ecotec and a ITR swapped civic...

Honda>Chevy
Bseries>Ecotec

User Error

Explain? Ecotec is a nice motor, just doesn't have the years, years, and years of what works and what doesn't. Honda guys have tried every combo possible, tuning is cheap and affective, ++++++++.

Monday, February 09, 2009 5:38 PM
If a 200 all motor vtaker owns a HRC SII, would a 200 Hp, non vtak quad -4?

with .... none of the "tec"?

and no belt to help valves meet pistons.

Ill stick with my LSX's

Chris

'02 Z-24 Supercharged

Monday, February 09, 2009 6:09 PM
Taetsch Z-24 wrote:If a 200 all motor vtaker owns a HRC SII, would a 200 Hp, non vtak quad -4?

with .... none of the "tec"?

and no belt to help valves meet pistons.

Ill stick with my LSX's

Chris

Anyone see the Pinks all out Bristol last year? My buddys CRX made 400whp made it to the final four, the other 3 cars was over 750whp. All running the same times, honda power is like no other.

My 200whp civic w/ a drop in swap, less than $4000 in the entire car runs low 12's...my 250whp cavalier w/ $4000 just in the turbo kit runs high 12's.

Can't beat it, cheap, fast, realible IF YOU KNOW THE LIMITS.

Monday, February 09, 2009 6:14 PM
get a cav down to 1900 lbs, and guess what? the honda no longer has the advantage.

was that the crx that used half the track, and still lost VS the 5.0 with a SBC?

that was a good race.

LOL

Chris

'02 Z-24 Supercharged

Tuesday, February 10, 2009 11:37 AM
My forum name CIVICEATER may throw you off, but a lot has changed since i registered years ago.
My car would beat the snot out of the riced out cars around CT, and I despised them for that. Mind you the cleanones with a boat load of power I respected. I currently own a 95 civic ex. its powerband sucks stock, but for 1000 i can have a ls vtec and smoke my cav all day long.

I still hate rice, that wont change, but when soemone has a clean hatch without stickers et al I respect the work they did to get there.

Tuesday, February 10, 2009 12:07 PM
BlackEco wrote:

Honda>Chevy
Bseries>Ecotec

User Error

Yeah I'm with blackeco on this one in a big way. If your stage 2 hahn car can't walk all over a 200whp B-series, you've got serious driving issues.

I've got a friend with a totally badass hatch that I respect the hell out of, between our group we give each other sh!t, but it's just amongst friends. We have 2 or 3 guys with v-8's, 2 ecotecs, and a honda.

Like PJ said, it's usually the guys w/ no serious mods that talk the most sh!t, the guys that have stuff done, pretty much respect the power no matter what manufacturer it comes from.

---------------------------------------------------
4 Cams...32 Valves...5 Liters...This Could Get Fun!

Tuesday, February 10, 2009 6:42 PM
Taetsch Z-24 wrote:get a cav down to 1900 lbs, and guess what? the honda no longer has the advantage.

was that the crx that used half the track, and still lost VS the 5.0 with a SBC?

that was a good race.

LOL

Chris

Hahah no....I said Pinks all out buddy, heads up.

I won't hesitate to bring the Honda out against any STOCK motor, bolt on Hahn kits. I guess I'm wrong about my Hahn equipped cavie running high 12's and my civic running low 12's........Skunk when has your cavalier ran low 12's?

My civic isn't stock my no means, I mean it has a JDM ITR swap. I stole the car away from previous owner, the swap is worth around $4500 alone. Then with my supporting mods 200whp is cake. My car is 1600lbs either, try 2260 factory weight of a 94 Dx coupe...I'm still full interior, heavier swap, heavier wheels, heavier everthing really. Weight is a difference between the two but....why am I still arguing? This is pointless, I'm here and my car is ready to run anyone this year at Commerce (ATL dragway)

Wednesday, February 11, 2009 5:12 AM
Wow that's awesome, yet another dumbass on the org that fires at me when all I do is agree with a previous post. I don't race my car. I don't care about 1/4 mile. I build it, drive it, and put it on dyno's.

Are you saying that mine isn't and hasn't been capable of running low 12's? I'd sure hope not. If you are; you're pretty ignorant to think that a 350whp J can't run 11's considering your's runs high 12's with 225whp.

Wednesday, February 11, 2009 3:34 PM
hondas lighter, jbodys brute force

Built&Boosted moar
04 Cavalier Turbo r.i.p my baby
2nd place 2009 GM tuner bash qwick 8--holla

Wednesday, February 11, 2009 5:01 PM
Skunk wrote:Wow that's awesome, yet another dumbass on the org that fires at me when all I do is agree with a previous post. I don't race my car. I don't care about 1/4 mile. I build it, drive it, and put it on dyno's.

Are you saying that mine isn't and hasn't been capable of running low 12's? I'd sure hope not. If you are; you're pretty ignorant to think that a 350whp J can't run 11's considering your's runs high 12's with 225whp.

Dyno Queen FTL!

Wednesday, February 11, 2009 6:34 PM
Why's that? Because going to the track in my opinion is a waste of time and money. I don't see the point. Great for being able to brag to your friends and be a keyboard warrior but it doesn't matter. Your car only makes 200whp that's it. I, on the other hand have nearly doubled that, and that was last year's numbers. I didn't start it, I just agreed with someone. Why don't you go after them?

Thursday, February 12, 2009 4:45 AM
[quote=YellowLsSport(now with boost)
Dyno Queen FTL!

Cyl's FTL then

Chris

'02 Z-24 Supercharged

Thursday, February 12, 2009 5:11 PM
Skunk wrote:Why's that? Because going to the track in my opinion is a waste of time and money. I don't see the point. Great for being able to brag to your friends and be a keyboard warrior but it doesn't matter. Your car only makes 200whp that's it. I, on the other hand have nearly doubled that, and that was last year's numbers. I didn't start it, I just agreed with someone. Why don't you go after them?

Basically your making yourself look even worse...So your "close to 400whp" car runs low 12"s? My 200whp car runs low 12"s.....thats crazy.

Dyno is a place to tune your car, who cares about numbers. My cavie has never been dynoed because it was never tuned, its pointless. Hptuners sucks ass. The Honda on the otherhand has countless options on tuning, so its been dynoed.

Thursday, February 12, 2009 5:29 PM
More.....

Chris

'02 Z-24 Supercharged

Thursday, February 12, 2009 5:55 PM
It's preference you jackass, I don't have the desire to strip my car down and put a cage in it, because the thing, in fact would run faster than the requirements for a cage. It's a street car you twit. I intend on keeping it that way. To race my car at the track would take quite a few changes that I ,quite frankly don't see as a necessity. What don't you get about that? Have I trashed talked your honda? NO! I, infact trash talked your J. Why the attacks towards me? I still don't get it. I prefer the dyno to proove my car you prefer the track, that's fine. Why is it that ricer f*cks like you can't handle it when someone disagrees with you?

Thursday, February 12, 2009 6:09 PM
lock this mother @!#$ down. retarded thread.

Built&Boosted moar

Thursday, February 12, 2009 6:26 PM
One more thing to add, if hpt sucks so back then how come with hpt/fmu tune a cav very similar to mine ran 11.01? Can you explain that? I know why HPT sucks to you, same reason your cavalier sucks, operator error.

Thursday, February 12, 2009 6:58 PM
Skunk wrote:One more thing to add, if hpt sucks so back then how come with hpt/fmu tune a cav very similar to mine ran 11.01? Can you explain that? I know why HPT sucks to you, same reason your cavalier sucks, operator error.

ohhhhh BURN!!
get this poser outta here, i mean ill give a car thats fast my respect, but theres a respectable line between cocky and confidant.
you sir are in the cocky rice burner lane.

Built&Boosted moar

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search