Many J Owners Trash Talk Hondas.... - Page 8 - Racing Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Many J Owners Trash Talk Hondas....
Wednesday, April 01, 2009 11:36 AM
you guys actually change your chain?? never had a problem with mine

Wednesday, April 01, 2009 12:50 PM
Option D wrote:I noticed many J owners trash Hondas, but my question is how many of you have run agianst them??

I used to drive a honda crx so I can see why honda drivers like to talk trash, hondas are nice, I've only had my cavalier for about a year and I still miss my honda lol.
Wednesday, April 01, 2009 5:23 PM
So go back.

Chris

'02 Z-24 Supercharged
13.7 @102.45 MPH Third Place, 2007 GMSC Bash SOLD AS OF 01MAR08

Thursday, April 09, 2009 9:09 PM
pretty much every honda ive ever been in had @!#$ falling apart, sounded aweful, pathetically slow, and rust

I'm missing this part where the fit and finish is so superior to my GM cars, I dont see it

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Monday, April 13, 2009 8:02 PM
Never had to chance a chain on a Quad.

THAT was my POINT.

Chris

'02 Z-24 Supercharged

Tuesday, April 14, 2009 4:09 PM
wow.

this is still going?

Wednesday, April 15, 2009 5:53 AM
ok guys, we need to end this thread lol, we all know both platform have their advantages, both are econoboxes, both slow, but we chevy owners do kick as is certain departments, but hey I'd never drive a Honda but have my reasons, we should just drop it as some like Jap-crap some like garbage from North-america, either way they are front-wheel drive and can have power made to them in different ways, Honda from Magazines and decals, Chevy from imagination.

"As I lay rubber down the street, I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide, please dear God protect my ride." -Amen
Sunday, April 19, 2009 6:49 PM
some people forget about linefelter's ecotec RWD cav that went 6's a "while" back. that is my only thing i have to add as i seen someone post about honda drag times.

has a honda 4 cyc reached the 6's yet? RWD, full out drag car dont matter?

Sunday, April 19, 2009 6:56 PM
Does Chevy build F1 cars?

The point is who cares, your never going to own drive or work on a 6 second GM built drag car, only a handful of people ever have or ever will, same applies to Honda and F1. What style of racing each company chooses to dump their money into really has nothing to do with this topic.

Tuesday, June 02, 2009 10:53 AM
Vitamin E (AKA Eddie) wrote:Was the thread starter from a Honda forum visiting?

Doesn't matter.

What it boils down to is this...
All previous groups are going to talk trash about the group that proceeds them.
For example:
Hot Rod hates Muscle Car
Muscle Car hates Imports
Imports hate Domestic Sport Compact

Ten years from now Electrics will hate Gas.
Get over it. Only 1320' will stop the bitching. At least for five minutes at a time.

best quote right here

Tuesday, June 02, 2009 10:08 PM
You can crap talk Honda's all you want but I bet most of you would kill to own a NSX.

If I ever decided to mod another FWD car.... I'de probably look all over for a real Integra Type R and build the crap out of it (Forged B18 with high boost )

Non American RWD.... would not be a honda though (there really arnt any).... I'd rather get a 240SX... swap out the clip for a Silvia one.... and drop a built SR20 in there..

There's nothing wrong with hondas.... its just that most of the people you see in the car modding community driving hondas are douche nozzles driving crappy Civics with a fart can and a wing....... and the same is true for J-body drivers... people that actually know there arse from a hole in the ground are few and far between no matter where you go.... (in real life anyway)

Thursday, June 04, 2009 2:29 PM
NSX - the only car in the 14s the fanboys try to classify as a supercar

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Thursday, June 04, 2009 8:55 PM
LOL RIGHT!

my old z24 walked on a mid 90's NSX..... made me giggle...

Then I thought about resale value....

Chris

'02 Z-24 Supercharged

Thursday, June 04, 2009 9:53 PM
I'de still like to have one..... there nice cars and you can hop them up as much as anything else.... although the rear / mid engine thing kinda sucks as far as ease of working on it.

Sure there not supercars by a long shot.... but there still one hell of a nice car..... and its a Honda (if anyone says its not... its an acura.... there getting kicked in the balls)

Besides.... this post is stupid to begin with..... Honda is a car company...... GM versus Honda or J-body versus Civic might make sense... but this doesnt.

Wednesday, June 17, 2009 6:06 AM
GM went bankrupt..... Honda didn't, that says enough LOL

Wednesday, June 17, 2009 8:18 AM
GM went bankrupt..... Honda didn't, that says enough LOL

Monday, June 22, 2009 12:23 PM
My boyfriend drives a Honda Civic and I drive a Cavalier, we have raced, I've won and he's won.

But, here's a tickler, would you rather drive a car that everyone seems to have and everyone loves to rice out? Such as a Honda, or would you rather have a car that was supposed to be family oriented and pimped out to a supercar that is rare and different everywhere you go, such as a J body.

I'm not going anywhere just yet

R.I.P. Jimmy "the Rev" Sullivan '81-'09
Monday, June 22, 2009 3:45 PM
Ashallee Wing wrote:My boyfriend drives a Honda Civic and I drive a Cavalier, we have raced, I've won and he's won.

But, here's a tickler, would you rather drive a car that everyone seems to have and everyone loves to rice out? Such as a Honda, or would you rather have a car that was supposed to be family oriented and pimped out to a supercar that is rare and different everywhere you go, such as a J body.

supercar, rare, and j-body all in the same sentence?

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Monday, June 22, 2009 4:07 PM
Ashallee Wing wrote:My boyfriend drives a Honda Civic and I drive a Cavalier, we have raced, I've won and he's won.

EPIC!

- 93 mph in the 1/8 mile
Member of J-Body Of Michigan.

Monday, June 22, 2009 4:18 PM
Skilz10179 wrote:

EPIC!

x2

Monday, June 22, 2009 4:21 PM

She used pimped too

Seriously though, that's why I will be building my Cavalier. I know it's cheaper to buy a DSM and add fuel and boost but you know what? I'd rather have a fast as hell J Body because with a quiet exhaust, noone will expect it.

That, and there are some jackass Honda owners around here (as well as one J owner I work with with a S/C'ed 2.4) that I want to stomp so they shut up. Still, beating some of these IHE Hondas with my IHE Eco Auto is quite satisfying.

In the end, I like cars in general. I just prefer to have a sleeper. The end.

Tuesday, June 23, 2009 4:28 PM
Cheep, and "DSM" dont belong together also....

My POS 95 is faster then my GTO....

Chris

'02 Z-24 Supercharged

Wednesday, June 24, 2009 11:17 AM
if you have a tig welder making a dsm fast is decently cheap. just have to eliminate fragile parts with modifications off the stock parts that are strong enough. replace weak integral parts with solid stuff, and get the wiring under control. then they are quite reliable.

Wednesday, June 24, 2009 4:26 PM
i talk all kinda of crap on hondas but i know its just bsin cause on just about any given day i can't touch a honda but i know hondas are cheap and can be made fast for very little money compared to our domistic cars. sucks but its the truth
i have honda buddys that are in the 10.50's with a B18 and 29lbs of boost!!

Wednesday, June 24, 2009 4:53 PM
Cant do much when you already have a 90 6 bolt and the ballance shaft gear ate away at the block case. (there was alot more.. this was the last nail...)

Dont Start Moding.

Chris

'02 Z-24 Supercharged

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search