track problems - Racing Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
track problems
Tuesday, December 30, 2008 7:30 PM
I think I have some driver problems the best 60fts I can get are about 2.4

DRIVE HARD OR DONT DRIVE AT ALL!!!

Re: track problems
Wednesday, December 31, 2008 12:43 PM
yeah. your point?

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Wednesday, December 31, 2008 2:31 PM
^^^Nice way to help

Try different psi settings in the tires,what are you rpms when leaving?What kind of tire/rim setup do you have?Alot of variables involved when your trying to get good 60' times

15.2@89mph 2.171 60ft. 9.830 1/8 R.I.P. "LULU"
Thursday, January 01, 2009 9:11 AM
Judging from your engine mods in your profile, you got plenty of power. So, I'm going to say get some better tires with a lower wear number so they are a little stickier. Or some DRs.
And maybe also you're bogging the turbo off the line then it builds boost after the 60'. What's your 1/4 mile trap speed? Try launching at a higher rpm

Friday, January 02, 2009 7:49 PM
thats wat i was pulln wit my 3400 beretta, and it was caused by tires,
Friday, January 02, 2009 10:59 PM
CAVI.DEMON wrote:I think I have some driver problems the best 60fts I can get are about 2.4

drag radials= traction

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Monday, January 05, 2009 10:27 AM
Don't waste your time with Drag Radials, get some slicks and call it a day.

Also, play with your RPM's and try slipping the clutch on the launch.

Carefull not to go to low on pressure wtih radial tires, you will actually lose traction and kill your trap speeds.

Other than that, keep trying and you will get better, seems like you have alot of room for improvement (no offense). Practice makes Perfect.

Monday, January 05, 2009 7:01 PM
well I have gotten a 106 trap speed last time still tuning the car. getting some nock retard around top of 3rd and in 4th. but my 60fts average 2.6. I have 17s with some street tires at 20psi. last time i went i had realy bad bogging problems so i tried flooring it just before i launch to spool the turbo but ended up snaping the axle like a twig. I guess I should put more money into the suspension and practice launching somewere. and I tried feathering it but seams like I just leave like I would on the street. practice i guess

DRIVE HARD OR DONT DRIVE AT ALL!!!

Tuesday, January 06, 2009 6:18 PM
Sounds like you got an indea of what your doing wrong but you just need practice launching a turbo car. It's not the same as a NA or sprayed car.

Wednesday, January 14, 2009 6:07 PM
i know this has nothing to do with the topic but while looking through your profile CAVI.DEMON i saw that we share the exact birth day...lol

anyways im not the best at driving but i drove my friends boosted single cam civic a couple times at the track... and while launching i found it best when i didnt release the clutch fully before switching into second.....

dont know how anyone else feels bout that but seemed to be ok for me unless i was doing somthing totally wrong but as the saying goes (its not my car)

homer simpson wrote:Beer, the cause of and solution to all of lifes problems

Thursday, January 15, 2009 12:10 PM
It is all in your launch. You have no need for drag radials until you can learn how to launch with what you have. BTW snaped axles are a direct result of wheel hop which I would bet might also be the culprit for your horrid 60ft times.

FORGET GIRLS GONE WILD WE HAVE GOVERNMENT SPENDING GONE WILD!

Saturday, January 17, 2009 8:14 PM
wheel hop will kill you.. just like it did to my shift linkage...lol

homer simpson wrote:Beer, the cause of and solution to all of lifes problems

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search