Grand Prix? - Racing Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Grand Prix?
Thursday, March 05, 2009 6:42 PM
Hey guys, im new to this site and i was just wondering.. my friend in a 97 grand prix GT 3.8L keeps buggin me, and trash talking my sunfire... how good are my chances against his car?

Sunfire GT
-Auto
-universal 3' Cone filter

Grand prix GT
-Cone Filter
-Straight piped
-Auto

Any idea how thats going to go down? sorry if this is forbidden or w.e

2000 Z24 A/T
-Option racing CAI, TTR MM's, 2 1/4" exhaust.

Re: Grand Prix?
Thursday, March 05, 2009 7:34 PM
I will make this simple.....Grand prix stock 195 hp/ 220 torque.....3410 pound...........
and a stock Sunfire GT 150-maybe 151(cause of filter)/ 155 torque...........about 3000 pound
hmmmmm do the math......I think you lost man, you drive a grocery getter not a race car, and only way to know how much he will beat you by is going to track

"As I lay rubber down the street, I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide, please dear God protect my ride." -Amen
Thursday, March 05, 2009 7:46 PM
yea...i don't think in your current condition your car will do much but go into all of the dust his car kicks up...but with a little work(and a few thousand) you could kick his a$$
Thursday, March 05, 2009 10:50 PM
well actually guys, already did today and it was DEAD even.. pretty wild actually most even race ive seen

2000 Z24 A/T
Thursday, March 05, 2009 10:56 PM
40 roll twice, first one i jumped about a good car length on him then he very very slowly started to pull... second one he got the jump on me and started about a fender ahead... no one was pulling or anything... , once again sorry for posting this but i found it pretty wild

2000 Z24 A/T
Friday, March 06, 2009 12:34 AM
wow...i'm shocked...i thought for sure that he had enough power to make up for the extra weight...
Friday, March 06, 2009 12:00 PM
driver error, and street racing is not welcome here

"As I lay rubber down the street, I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide, please dear God protect my ride." -Amen
Friday, March 06, 2009 5:52 PM
I think the sunfire gt weighs around 2600 pounds if i'm not mistaken.

Also there's a lot of other factors...
- Weight difference of drivers
- Subs
- How much gas is in the tank , and how old the gas is.
- Kilometers and how hard the car's life has been thus far
- Tire tread

And there's probabaly a million more. Sure some won't make a big difference, but every bit counts right?
Friday, March 06, 2009 6:02 PM
ps the grand prix is 200hp and 220ft lbs then the supercharged ones are 240hp and 280 ft lbs

JBO since July 30, 2001
Friday, March 06, 2009 7:28 PM

-
3,791 cc 3.8 liters 6 V 90° front transverse engine with 96.5 mm bore, 86.4 mm stroke, 9.4 compression ratio, cast iron block, cast iron head, overhead valve, automatic valve adjustment and two valves per cylinder

-
Unleaded fuel

-
Fuel economy EPA highway (l/100km): 7.8

-
Multi-point injection fuel system

-
Main 68 liter fuel tank

-
Power: 145 kW , 195 HP @ 5,200 rpm; 230 ft lb @ 4,000 rpm
so yes I made I little mistake lol

Friday, March 06, 2009 10:25 PM
That isn't surprising to me. They run about the same times at the track and weight makes a big difference.

Friday, March 06, 2009 10:37 PM
Red Fire wrote:40 roll twice, first one i jumped about a good car length on him then he very very slowly started to pull... second one he got the jump on me and started about a fender ahead... no one was pulling or anything... , once again sorry for posting this but i found it pretty wild

rolls are for fat bitches, bakery's, and morons who street race

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Saturday, March 07, 2009 2:14 PM
I still get a kick out of the "Let me tell you street racing is not welcome here" PC bull when knowing 90% or higher have at one time or another had a lead foot on the highway at one time or another.Oh and IBTL

15.2@89mph 2.171 60ft. 9.830 1/8 R.I.P. "LULU"
Saturday, March 07, 2009 6:06 PM
99redz24 wrote:
Red Fire wrote:40 roll twice, first one i jumped about a good car length on him then he very very slowly started to pull... second one he got the jump on me and started about a fender ahead... no one was pulling or anything... , once again sorry for posting this but i found it pretty wild

rolls are for fat bitches, bakery's, and morons who street race

yea yea,... rolls are not the way to race i know, we are going to a 8th mile drag in about 3 months to see what happens there, and yes everyone has probably street raced b4 once or twice

2000 Z24 A/T
Saturday, March 07, 2009 6:10 PM
BIGGSZ24 wrote:I still get a kick out of the "Let me tell you street racing is not welcome here" PC bull when knowing 90% or higher have at one time or another had a lead foot on the highway at one time or another.Oh and IBTL

exactly

2000 Z24 A/T
Saturday, March 07, 2009 9:19 PM
I just noticed I repeated myself,lol.But JBO has a legality issue when street racing is talked about here,it IS dangerous,it is foolish,but yes my point was that a good percentage here that will harp on you HAVE raced somewhere other than a dragstrip.Why is it street racing vids are allowed on Streetfire.net but just TALKING about it here is taboo?

Saturday, March 07, 2009 10:13 PM
BIGGSZ24 wrote:I just noticed I repeated myself,lol.But JBO has a legality issue when street racing is talked about here,it IS dangerous,it is foolish,but yes my point was that a good percentage here that will harp on you HAVE raced somewhere other than a dragstrip.Why is it street racing vids are allowed on Streetfire.net but just TALKING about it here is taboo?

thats what I was trying to say

Saturday, March 07, 2009 11:02 PM
X200000 ^^^^

8 psi with m62 and IAT under 100
Sunday, March 08, 2009 8:59 AM
Quote:

Why is it street racing vids are allowed on Streetfire.net but just TALKING about it here is taboo?

because the owner of this site says so. is that good enough for you?

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Sunday, March 08, 2009 3:38 PM
If you had threads and disscussions on street racing it would only encourage people to do it more often. Not worth the price.
Sunday, March 08, 2009 5:19 PM
99redz24 wrote:
Quote:

Why is it street racing vids are allowed on Streetfire.net but just TALKING about it here is taboo?

because the owner of this site says so. is that good enough for you?

I could careless what Dave has to say on the subject and ban me if you want for saying that,my point has validity and it makes no sense to jump on someone especially a newbie for just MENTIONING street racing.The history of street racing goes back further than us here but I understand both sides as I mentioned above.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search