BFG T/A Drag Radials and Team Green LSD- 60'? - Racing Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
BFG T/A Drag Radials and Team Green LSD- 60'?
Wednesday, April 01, 2009 8:30 AM
So just located a set of used BFG drag radials and have been looking around on the org to see what people have to say about them and what they are getting for 60'. The radials I'm getting are 225/50/15. My 60' was brutle last season on my summer tires, my best time was a 15.0 with a 2.458 60'. If I don't run lower than that this summer with the drag radials and a newly installed team green LSD then there is something wrong.

Anyways, I'm just wondering what people out there are running with similar mods and what they gained from the tires and/or LSD. Would a 2.0 60' be too much to ask for? Heck at that point I would even take a 2.2 60'. At least that would have gotten me into the 14's last summer. Any insight would be appreciated.

Re: BFG T/A Drag Radials and Team Green LSD- 60'?
Wednesday, April 01, 2009 9:24 AM
i can't say for sure on the bfg's, but i have pulled a few 2.1s on my nittos in the grand am, and i don't have an lsd. i've heard that the bfg's are stickier than the nittos.

87 Firebird
All stock...........lol.
Wednesday, April 01, 2009 3:20 PM
Something is horribly wrong with your launches if your best was a 2.458 60'

FORGET GIRLS GONE WILD WE HAVE GOVERNMENT SPENDING GONE WILD!

Wednesday, April 01, 2009 3:42 PM
I have NO LSD, and Toyo Proxe RA-1's and I can pull 2.2 60 foots. I have a set of BFG drag radials that I will be trying out soon. I need to get my ebrake fixed first though so I can heat them bad boys up. I threw the DR's which are 225/45/17's on my car a few weekends ago, and without being able to heat them up was pulling 2.2's for the 3 passes I used them. I now have tranny mounts and a few other things being done, that I hope will bring me to the 2.0's, and high 14's. This is with both motor mounts, both tranny mounts, and I/H/E only. No tuning or anything.

What are you launching at?

Wednesday, April 01, 2009 3:46 PM
2.1s on street tires
1.9s on drag radials

both are with the stock differential. with an LSD, you should be seeing a little lower, but anything in the 2 second range is garbage with radials and LSD.

but no mod on earth can replace seat time.

Wednesday, April 01, 2009 3:51 PM
Should be able to at least cut 2.2's on factory tires.

I sit in the 2.2 area with my stock 15's and stock tires, 2.1's once in a blue moon.

Something is definitely wrong here, not flaming you, just trying to point you in the right direction.

What do you launch at?

Launching Technique?

Tire Pressure?

Do you bog or freespin (smoke) the tires off the line?

More info you can give the more helpful we can be.

Wednesday, April 01, 2009 3:59 PM
Matthew Jollymore wrote:So just located a set of used BFG drag radials and have been looking around on the org to see what people have to say about them and what they are getting for 60'. The radials I'm getting are 225/50/15. My 60' was brutle last season on my summer tires, my best time was a 15.0 with a 2.458 60'. If I don't run lower than that this summer with the drag radials and a newly installed team green LSD then there is something wrong.

Anyways, I'm just wondering what people out there are running with similar mods and what they gained from the tires and/or LSD. Would a 2.0 60' be too much to ask for? Heck at that point I would even take a 2.2 60'. At least that would have gotten me into the 14's last summer. Any insight would be appreciated.

May be a stupid question if you already know when you should be letting the clutch out...but....

Do you let the clutch out on yellow or green? You do have to let the chassis react you know...I've cut a faster 60' on a stock 2200 Auto with 195 street tires...

Buildin' n' Boostin for 08' - Alex Richards
Wednesday, April 01, 2009 4:04 PM
Alex Richards wrote:
May be a stupid question if you already know when you should be letting the clutch out...but....

Do you let the clutch out on yellow or green? You do have to let the chassis react you know...I've cut a faster 60' on a stock 2200 Auto with 195 street tires...

Not sure where you are going with this....The 60 foot time has nothing to do with what light you launch on. The clock starts simultaniously with the cars movement. Meaning, that as soon as the sensor sees the car move, the clock starts. So even if you sat at the line for 12 seconds DEAD STILL, then launched, your 60 foot would still reflect 2.X seconds, not 14.X seconds...Make sense?

Wednesday, April 01, 2009 4:24 PM
I've tried launching at every rpm from 1500 to 5500...I have bogged and also done semi wheel spin all the way to bouncing it off the rev limiter...tire pressure on my street tires were somewhere in the 20-25psi range, can't remember...all have given me @!#$ty 60'...the track here is one of the worst in the world I'm sure. I've never had the car hook up more than one tire, always the passenger side. My first few passes my buddy said my driver tire was still but the passenger tire was smoking the entire 1st gear and that was only 2500rpm launches. I think I may have gotten some better 60' but my best time was a 15.0 with a 2.458 60'....I figure with a run of 15.0 with a @!#$ty 60' like I had I should have been into the high 14's last summer...anyways, like I said I have the LSD now so hopefully that will help...I am gonna play with the launches this summer...last summer 1st gear was useless and even 2nd was semi useless. I just found some old slips and I see I did pull off some 2.3's but they were slower times.

Wednesday, April 01, 2009 5:21 PM
Brian was cuting 1.6-1.9's with his LSD in.

Chris

'02 Z-24 Supercharged
13.7 @102.45 MPH Third Place, 2007 GMSC Bash SOLD AS OF 01MAR08

Wednesday, April 01, 2009 7:04 PM
225/50/15 BFGs and a TG LSD I get 1.9xx-2.00x. Thats with a 3 count and roll out in the box in 2nd gear and a 2 step launch anywhere from 4800-5500 with slight clutch slip. Could possibly do better as is, but I think to get much lower would take more power or less weight.

13.934 @ 97.82 ALL MOTOR

Thursday, April 02, 2009 3:02 PM
my 60' time is 2.0 on 225/40/18 crap tires i think they are sunny tires. i rev to about 3800rpm, and slightly slip clutch. but in the tires i run about 18lbs of pressure on street tires. fully stock 2.2 ecotec.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search