My first run at the track - Page 2 - Racing Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: My first run at the track
Saturday, April 25, 2009 11:41 PM
whiskerbiscuit wrote:
Matt Burgess wrote:
EVOFire {DesertTuners} wrote:getting the pacesetter header for the LSJ (2.0) is the best way to go actually.

But what does this mean--- LSJ Pacesetter header (1 of 2 J-Body LSJ headers made)

Buy a header for a balt ss sc

Is that what you got? Will it fit?

Sunday, April 26, 2009 12:41 AM
Matt Burgess wrote:
EVOFire {DesertTuners} wrote:getting the pacesetter header for the LSJ (2.0) is the best way to go actually.

But what does this mean--- LSJ Pacesetter header (1 of 2 J-Body LSJ headers made)

Lol. It means i have 1 of 2 that were made with the jbody CARB designation stamp on them instead of the Delta designation.

Sunday, April 26, 2009 8:43 AM
EVOFire {DesertTuners} wrote:
Matt Burgess wrote:

Lol. It means i have 1 of 2 that were made with the jbody CARB designation stamp on them instead of the Delta designation.

Thanks, So would a cobalt ss header from pacesetter work? The have 1 3/4" primarys. I just wonder if it would line up for the exhaust and stay away from the fire wall.

Sunday, April 26, 2009 10:07 AM
Matt Burgess wrote:
whiskerbiscuit wrote:
Matt Burgess wrote:

I am headerless

Monday, April 27, 2009 5:07 PM
whiskerbiscuit wrote:
Matt Burgess wrote:
whiskerbiscuit wrote:
Matt Burgess wrote:

I am headerless

Nice numbers for being headerless.. When you get a header is the cobalt SS from pacesetter going to be your choice?

Tuesday, May 05, 2009 5:50 PM
Not sure. I'm gonna do my homework and make a well informed choice. I trust pacesetter headers as I know lots of people with them. I do know that a stock cobalt ss manifold flows better than a stock l61 manifold, so this will probably be my choice unless i go all out for the exhaust. Which i prolly won't cuz I haven't really gone all out on anything for my car.... yet....

Thursday, May 07, 2009 4:02 PM
Well i don't think a stock cobalt ss manifold will outflow a cobalt ss pacesetter header. It would however be quieter though. I'm still trying to decide myself on what to do.

Thursday, May 07, 2009 8:16 PM
you can get a cobalt SS manifold for around 50 bucks so its alot cheaper plus direct bolt in so cheaper again

Friday, May 08, 2009 3:09 PM
VIPERREDZED wrote:you can get a cobalt SS manifold for around 50 bucks so its alot cheaper plus direct bolt in so cheaper again

Yea but then it bolts to our crappy 1 7/8" downpipe flange. So you would need the cobalt SS downpipe to get the flow. I believe the cobalt SS downpipe is 2 1/4" I don't know if you can get that separate.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search