so i raced this lancer GTS - Racing Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
so i raced this lancer GTS
Wednesday, May 13, 2009 9:36 AM
well i was at the track yesterday and i think i accidentally lined up with a lancer gts IM GUESSING IT WAS 08
at first he was showing off .
so race race started
at first he got like 1 car ahead of me but by the half of the track i was already next to him... and finished like 2 cars infront of him
cant tell you the ETs because its like a clandestine night on the track and they dont turn on the lights on these types of days i guess
soo was it possible that i beat him or was he just a bad driver...
im in shock cause my car is auto with just a CAI in it
didnt think i was going to beat him that badly

Re: so i raced this lancer GTS
Wednesday, May 13, 2009 9:59 AM
ORLY?

E.T.'s or it didn't happen....

Wednesday, May 13, 2009 12:47 PM
I cant post up ETs because they dont turn them on...
dont know why... but whoevolieves me bolieves me ... im just saying if its possible to beat a lancer gts with a cav stock automatic
Wednesday, May 13, 2009 1:02 PM
why wouldnt they show what you ran? i dont get it.

Wednesday, May 13, 2009 3:21 PM
CAUSE THEY DOT CARE HOW MUCH U RUN THEY ONLY IF YOU BEAT THE GUY THATS NEXT TO YOU.. sry for caps
but over here in puerto rico.. theres like a leage a "underground leage" and mondays the track belongs to us not the track owners.. lol.
this leage im in we only race on the track on mondays nights ..and on thursdays we run in the street but i quitted racing in the street cause i dont trust my cavy in the street not to much traction
Wednesday, May 13, 2009 4:10 PM
khriz maldonado wrote: i quitted racing in the street cause it's @!#$ stupid to race in the street

Fixed.

Continue to keep it on the track.

What is your average time, And what year/engine?

From Edmunds:

The only thing that hasn't grown larger is the Lancer's engine. The former iron-block 2.0-liter 4G63 inline-4 has given way to an aluminum-block 2.0-liter 4B11. The new 2.0-liter inline-4 produces 152 horsepower, a lot of power from so little displacement. And thanks to Mitsubishi's variable valve timing for both the intake and exhaust cams, there's a broad torque curve that starts at about 2,000 rpm with 135 pound-feet and then plateaus a short time later with 146 lb-ft at 4,250 rpm.

But pulling around as much as 400 pounds extra compared to the former Lancer pretty well erases the engine's output advantage. While we weren't expecting trails of fire from the all-new 2.0-liter inline-4, we were hoping for better than the 9.0 seconds it takes to reach 60 mph, only a tenth or so quicker than the 120-hp 2006 Lancer managed.

From CNET:

The good: The 2008 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS is among the most tech-equipped cars available at its price, offering touch screen navigation, Bluetooth, and a 650-watt audio system with a 30GB hard drive.

The bad: Lots of guy-racer styling add-ons aren't backed up with much actual performance. Torque steer mars the otherwise entertaining front-drive handling.

The bottom line: While the new Lancer GTS boasts amenities not seen on other cars in its class, a powerful engine isn't one of them. But if rally car looks, nice tech options, and a booming stereo are more your speed, this Mitsubishi is an excellent choice.

Judging from this, If you have the 2.4 or an eco, It is very possible that you beat him.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edited Wednesday, May 13, 2009 4:19 PM

Thursday, May 14, 2009 11:26 AM
thanks bro

about my average time i really dont know since ive never been on a event...
and year is 1996 2.4 4 speed devil..lol
Friday, May 15, 2009 12:08 PM
wow, so you pull a 16.0 at best maybe a 15.9 while power braking and using the ebrakeoff the line."4speed devil" i think not, ok econobox....right on the money. so dont be suprised when another econo car beats you. yeah, every lancer ive driven even the down played 2004 ralli art. is just seriously lacking in the power department compared to other vehicles in its class, while the evolution out performs every other lancer by a huge amount. you can still make a lancer look just as bad ass as a evo. so yeah you might have beaten a gts lancer, but thats like beating a period correct jeep willys, or a 93 geo metro convertable. slap a getrag and m42 with supporting mods in it, or a eco with a getrag and the sabb tdo5h kit. and youll be in good

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search