2200 4spd auto finally running 13's - Page 2 - Racing Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: 2200 4spd auto finally running 13's
Wednesday, August 05, 2009 5:04 PM
Um..... Gapless....I have always heard that a gapless ring\Boost equation was bad....

Chris

'02 Z-24 Supercharged
13.7 @102.45 MPH Third Place, 2007 GMSC Bash SOLD AS OF 01MAR08

Thursday, August 06, 2009 5:28 PM
so what type of piston rings would be best for running both nitros and boost? Anyone?
Thursday, August 06, 2009 8:22 PM
The Sleeper wrote:so what type of piston rings would be best for running both nitros and boost? Anyone?
I am using total seals, but not gapless... The thing with boost and nitrous, you need to have an extra clearance. If the rings expand and butt, bye-bye ringlands.... A properly fit/filed ring will always do better than a gapless ring. The only thing i have found gapless rings to be good for is alcohol engines. Reason for that is beause the alcohol is not nice to the oil.

P&P Tuning
420.5whp / 359.8wtq

Friday, August 07, 2009 7:44 AM
i believe when i had my engine rebuilt, the machinist add an addtional 1 thousanths of an inch for proper clearance for expansion of the piston under load.

for the next future rebuild i will look into some total seal convensional rings. i just hope it does not have to be in the very near future.
so far i was able to run boost pressure as high as 26 psi. so far so good.
i will try and make some time to head back to the track to see what kind of numbers it will put down this time.
the difference from 21psi to 26 was noticeable... lots more wheel spin, blow off is a lot louder, and more g's to the seat. boost builds up quicker to.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search