bench race before the real deal - Racing Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
bench race before the real deal
Sunday, June 07, 2009 3:30 AM
Alright, tommorow I will be finishing up the last bit of my ecotec swap into my 2000 cavalier.

I will be running the 2.2 ecotec auto, with an intake, cat back, B&M shift plus, fg hood, and half the car is gutted out.
I am just wondering roughly what 1/4 time I should be able to lay down. I think mid 15's? The reason I ask is because
there is a rivalry between buddy of a buddy of mine saying his 1968 4 door 3 speed auto 307 chevelle is faster than mine on the quarter.

He is sayin with his gmeter (I dont know if those things are any accurate) he runs low 17's consistantly... seems really slow for something
that has a full exhaust, edel carb/intake mani, and a very mild cam... I would love to think I will be able to beat this guy and shut him up
(he thinks his chevelle is the most bad assed, fastest v8, 4 cyl destroyer in the world) because it would be SOOOOOO NICE!!!! Like he thinks he
can out race my buddies integra around an auto cross track... ya... im serious thats what he thinks...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-U6RHkXw9A&feature=related

theres his Chevelle as of spring.

We will be hitting the strip this friday or next friday to settle this old rivalry, but til than I just wanna know what people think.

had a blown ecotec swapped 2000 cavy, now just an 02 Grand Am, and a 74 BMW 2002...

Re: bench race before the real deal
Sunday, June 07, 2009 8:52 PM
My guess for you assuming you can drive at all.... 15.48

My guess for the "chevelle"........ 18.21

Monday, June 08, 2009 12:34 AM
heh, well we got the ecotec in. The cat is plugged, and the o2 sensor is fried but wow does that ecotec ever scream! my lil stop watch test showed with tire slippage (cheap winter tires) around a 7-8 second to 60 mph run... that totally kills my old 2200 ohv

Looks like this friday I will be racin the chevalibu lol I will keep you guys posted!

had a blown ecotec swapped 2000 cavy, now just an 02 Grand Am, and a 74 BMW 2002...
Monday, June 08, 2009 11:25 AM
4 doors + 307 = a good race for a toyota prius.

87 Firebird
All stock...........lol.
Monday, June 08, 2009 1:00 PM
yeah see he told me a while ago before he had his g-meter that he raced a 280zx pushing 14 psi of boost and that he totally raped the guy with no ky jelly... Now he either literally raped the guy physically, or that guy with the 280 didnt even race him. Yet recently as I said, his g-meter said he does the quarter in 17.2... Now for a car running 14 psi of boost to lose to a 17 second car... somethin is up lol

Anywho he seems overly confident he is gonna destroy me which I keep thinkin he either is gonna run nitrous or somethin retarded but I doubt it...

Honestly, if my car even does high 15's I will be happy

Monday, June 08, 2009 3:39 PM
Looking at his YouTube profile he plays WoW....

So even if you lose the race, your still coming out on top overall.

Monday, June 08, 2009 4:13 PM
if his car is running 17's, then you should have him easy.

and i missed the whole autox thing. your buddy is a complete moron.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Monday, June 08, 2009 5:56 PM

Monday, June 08, 2009 4:45 PM
I would expect your car to run mid to high 15's. It sounds like it is time you help your friend out of the stuck on stupid stone age. You guys need to go to an autcross event and he needs to run his car. It will be a very humbling and eye opening experience for him.

FORGET GIRLS GONE WILD WE HAVE GOVERNMENT SPENDING GONE WILD!

Monday, June 08, 2009 5:38 PM
Doesn't a stock eco run 16s with an auto? You should be able to have a nap at the end of the strip before he gets there.

2010 Honda Fit LX
Tuesday, June 09, 2009 12:07 AM
Wait a minute....if you have a bad O2 and a plugged cat with an auto.... IM changing my guess for you to a 15.8 at the best LOL

And I have an accelerometer also... it's been sitting in the glove box untouched for over a year..... but it's pretty damn accurate down to a 100th of a second if used correctly....although I have a good one... what kind is he using? Mine cost $200 and I never use it LOL ( the G-meter can be fun to watch though)

A 4-barrel and intake mani arnt going to do much for that car with those stock heads....I think he's exaggerating.... he might be able to pull a 17.8 out of his ass maybbe... but I have doubts that the car can even burn the back tires.

Tuesday, June 09, 2009 2:00 PM
ahahaha yes! The g.f. is gonna run her stock 5 speed eco against him too!!!

oh boy, i gotta video tape this!

Wednesday, June 10, 2009 3:55 PM
why exactly do you think you need to videotape anything. like I told you before, your just as bad as him because you both won't let this go.

Wednesday, June 10, 2009 7:31 PM
btw there Tyler, you need to renew your license before you can go race......

Vehicles must be 'Street Legal' with proper working muffler systems - and they must be properly registered and insured. All vehicles must meet IHRA safety regulations by passing a simple tech inspection before racing. Racers must have a valid drivers license and must wear a helmet with a rating of SNELL 90 or higher. Helmets are available to borrow for a $5 fee that goes towards purchasing more helmets. Cars, trucks, and motorcycles are all welcome.

as well...

The same timing and scoring system used for regular drag racing events is utilized for Secret Street - racers use the 'Christmas Tree' light system and receive time slips detailing reaction times and speed. The water box is open for use.

..... because we were discussing this last night

Wednesday, June 10, 2009 10:37 PM
BS on cars having to be street legal to race at a drag strip LOL

Or is this some "class" your entering?

Wednesday, June 10, 2009 11:13 PM
my car is running fine, the only thing that is wrong is the fact its running crazy rich.

Yeh yeh yeh, the drivers will be updated tommorow

and its secret street at the dragstrip in calgary, its run what you brung. They will allow you to run whatever you brought coco regardless if its equipped with nitrous, or anything else.

Thursday, June 11, 2009 12:00 AM
alright well since I cant seem to edit what I posted, I was out just a few minutes ago tryin to see how fast I can get going. I went by appx how fast I can get going in 17 seconds, and that was about 85-90 mph (somewheres over 140kmh). That was with my car full of crap, no shift kit, my car running really rich, and my tires chirping for about a second at 2500 rpm... Something tells me my car is not quite up to snuff yet....

Thursday, June 11, 2009 12:11 AM
I think my car hits that speed in 14 seconds flat lol...

And doing things like your doing isnt going to work.... you cant possibly time that accurately yourself...

You need precision timing equipment and a stopwatch doesnt count for this stuff...... believe me... I've tried..

And if there is one thing I've learnt about the ORG..... it's never mention that you've gone over the speed limit on a city or public road.... people will flame you to all hell for it even though there hypocritical bastards that think we care what they think when they sit behind there keyboard telling us we're bad.

Another thing is never mention you smoke.... LOL

Thursday, June 11, 2009 1:22 AM
i absolutely love posts like this lol

*laughs*

Thursday, June 11, 2009 8:47 AM
well ya its nothing accurate, but eh I was bored lol

as for the speeding thing, I have you know it was on a backroad lol

Friday, June 12, 2009 12:28 AM
*Sighs*

Back road doesn't matter it's still illegal as hell LOL

But Im not gunna give ya crap personally.... because I've gone at least 130mph on a back road before so im not one to talk (was years ago)

(and yes I realize I just did what I told you not to do)

So when is this damn race... I wanna see time slips.. already....

Friday, June 12, 2009 8:03 AM
Ty and the guy with the chevalibu decided to postpone it. The chevalibu needs something done to it (or at least that's what I remember), and Ty wants to get his engine looked at and fixed before they go at it. So probably not until next friday.

Friday, June 12, 2009 8:07 AM
you should destroy him

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Friday, June 12, 2009 10:06 PM
chevalibu ..... LOL

oh what the hell....RACE ALREADY...... THE ANTICIPATION...... i CANT HANDLE IT ANYMORE!

Seriously though... youll beat him either way so whats the difference....

Friday, June 12, 2009 10:28 PM
LMFAO at newt's sig ^^^

That is all.

Saturday, June 13, 2009 11:17 PM
Rahjee [rkm1989 wrote:]LMFAO at newt's sig ^^^

That is all.

I know..... every time I scroll past it I laugh and get a little pissed at the same time LOL

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search