Fastest N/A 2.2 Eco with NO internal mods - Page 3 - Racing Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Fastest N/A 2.2 Eco with NO internal mods
Sunday, May 03, 2009 11:48 PM
DaFlyinSkwir(LS61) /PJ/ OEM+ wrote:
SS-J wrote:Hes probably one of the few guys that built his car up right to go fast.

I disagree.

if you're building a road race or auto-x car, then ok I'll buy that.

big brakes are not a requirement for drag racing, in fact its a hindering factor if anything.

That was my point.

I guess i should have been more specific.. What i meant by that was hes making sure his suspension and brakes can handle themselves before he slap's a supercharger on. I know him personally hes a good friend of mine he drives that car daily.. i know hes not using that thing for JUST drag racing. for an all rounder hes making sure all his bases covered before he makes more serious power.

And i dont just go shooting my mouth off.. i only speak from what i've expedience.. sorry if its different from a theory or somebody else's experience.

and sorry i didn't mention what ECOCAV wrote in my original post. I just wasent sure if everybody knew what he had done to his car before they go posting about how slow his times are compared to what he has done.

I will just shut my mouth instead of trying to help inform or give my opinion.

Monday, May 04, 2009 10:54 AM
SS-J wrote:
DaFlyinSkwir(LS61) /PJ/ OEM+ wrote:
SS-J wrote:Hes probably one of the few guys that built his car up right to go fast.

I disagree.

if you're building a road race or auto-x car, then ok I'll buy that.

big brakes are not a requirement for drag racing, in fact its a hindering factor if anything.

That was my point.

I guess i should have been more specific.. What i meant by that was hes making sure his suspension and brakes can handle themselves before he slap's a supercharger on. I know him personally hes a good friend of mine he drives that car daily.. i know hes not using that thing for JUST drag racing. for an all rounder hes making sure all his bases covered before he makes more serious power.

And i dont just go shooting my mouth off.. i only speak from what i've expedience.. sorry if its different from a theory or somebody else's experience.

and sorry i didn't mention what ECOCAV wrote in my original post. I just wasent sure if everybody knew what he had done to his car before they go posting about how slow his times are compared to what he has done.

I will just shut my mouth instead of trying to help inform or give my opinion.

I never understood this more power better brakes thing. Yes the car will accellerate faster but samming the breaks at 30, 40, 50, 90 whatever will not have much to do with how fast the car accellerated. I think these cars need better brakes with a stock engine but the engine is pretty much idling when your slamming on the breaks. If your gonna drive fast you will with a powerful engine or not. granted with a more powerful engine you might get into it a little more but should you need to slam your brakes on during acelleration its still going to stop the same as a stock car.

Monday, May 04, 2009 1:54 PM
Zs Z wrote:Granted with a more powerful engine you might get into it a little more but should you need to slam your brakes on during acelleration its still going to stop the same as a stock car.

Its going to stop the same yes, but if you have larger wheels its going to wear out your stock brakes a lot faster. I believe this is what SS-J was talking about by upgrading the brakes. I'm sure those with larger wheels (18, 19 and 20) can jump in and explain the horrible wear on breaks they have. I worked for GM for a few years in the service department, stock trucks with normal wheels didn't need brakes till 60,000 miles or more.... with the "no fear" package or the "southern comfort" package where the wheels have been upgraded to 20's or 22's, they where needed brakes replaced at 20,000 and 30,000 miles. Larger wheels cause more wear on the brakes right? So upgrading the brakes is a smart move.

Monday, May 04, 2009 10:20 PM
Ok I may be crazy but I think it was mentioned in an earlier post about rotational mass.... if it takes more power to get a larger wheel to rotate its going to take larger brakes to stop them.... simple laws of physics its called inertia....

Tuesday, May 05, 2009 4:26 PM
My bad...I missed that part. I agree that larger brakes would probably needed with larger wheels.

Tuesday, May 05, 2009 7:02 PM
Zs Z wrote:My bad...I missed that part. I agree that larger brakes would probably needed with larger wheels.

No buddy you misunderstood larger brakes don't need larger wheels (maybe for clearence) .... it helps to stop the larger wheels with larger brakes ... not only that the stock brakes on the j-bodys suck, I can barley stop my sunfire when I really need to stop fast, or under excessive braking...

Tuesday, May 05, 2009 7:15 PM
Wow, Can we get back on topic with this post please... It started as a post for fastest 2.2 ECO with NO INTERNAL motor mods, and no computer tuning. Can we please get back on topic.

Just so everyone knows. I built my car in a specific order for a specific reason. I started with suspension and brakes FIRST because I believe that is the most inportant part of ANY CAR! And like Grant (SS-J) said, I drive my 'Fire everyday, about 50 ish miles, and it performs just how I want it too. The suspension and brakes and 17 inch wheels and super sticky tires let me do things that other people I know (who drive j-bodies) can not do in traffic, and on certain road I travel. I can say that with the current setup on my car, I can take interstae transitions, and sweeping turns, hell even sharp 90's, 5-10 MPH faster then most of my other jbody buddys, and still be within my cars limit. The charger is on the way, and there are plans for the future. Everyone build their car however they want to. PJ builds his on eway, MadJack builds his another, and I am building mine how I see fit. So lets leave it at that,and get back to the original topic here...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Tuesday, May 05, 2009 7:22 PM

Tuesday, May 05, 2009 9:31 PM
EVOFire {DesertTuners} wrote: So lets leave it at that,and get back to the original topic here...

The original topic was beat to death already. There are cars with 1/3 the work done to them and running faster than you Chris, so we moved on from that topic because it was pointless

Tuesday, May 05, 2009 9:38 PM
noits really not beat to death, because i know there are WAY more eco gusy here then me and PJ that run our cars.

Friday, May 15, 2009 9:29 PM
I run my 05 eco at the track i have mounts, lowered, intake, full exhaust, b&M shiftplus, rk coil inserts, sedan and I run a 600000000 sec quarter mile at SIR in tucson becuase the traction sucks ballz due to poor/lack of prep and altitude kills it as well.

actually i havnt ran it since its been lowered, or since i installed the rk coil inserts or mounts so idk what it runs now, either way i cant take my times from SIR seriously, that track is pathetic but better than nothing. i run on goodyear american eagle tires on stock 16's too so nothing fancy, last time i ran a 16.0, and 2 16.1's with full interior/system etc etc, and had exhaust, intake, b&m shiftplus when i ran. im waiting to go untill after i get my front slotted rotors and header on.

i just want low 15's high 14's but at SIR will prolly never see those and there is no way in hell im driving 6 hours to phnx to go to the better tracks lol

Tuesday, May 19, 2009 1:04 AM
this thread sucks. who gives a rats ass about this? just mod ur car more and quit bitchin. ur not cool that you wanna think that ur untuned no internals car is quick, cuz its not, do some more, tune it, add some cams, go faster. im faster than all you with my no internal mods ive never even seen the inside of my motor whoopty freakin dooo!!! you kept changing the meaning of no internal mods as other people had faster cars than you, where does a tune become considered an internal mod to be ruled out.. just cuz you dont have one? ur not fast, u drive a 15 second jbody, awesome, congrats!! id love to shake ur hand on ur amazing feat you have accomplished with minor bolt on's and a lack of a job or something. not trying to be a dick but this thread is retarded and i hated seeing it when it first started but i held my tongue cuz i thought others would see it as a waste of internet space and let it die.
do i get ruled out cuz i had a ecotec in a 96 z24? does that rule me out cuz its way to wild for your requirements to this thread? i never ran it but it sure as hell kept close to my other z24 that runs a 14.7 1/4 mile. i never took it to the track because why would i waste my time when all it had was exhaust and an intake? i should have just so i cold post the time up in here and you come up with some excuse as to no no its not good enough cuz its in a 96.

............................................________
....................................,.-‘”...................``~.,
.............................,.-”...................................“-.,
.........................,/...............................................”:,
.....................,?......................................................\,
.................../...........................................................,}
................./......................................................,:`^`..}
.............../...................................................,:”........./
..............?.....__.........................................:`.........../
............./__.(.....“~-,_..............................,:`........../
.........../(_....”~,_........“~,_....................,:`........_/
..........{.._$;_......”=,_.......“-,_.......,.-~-,},.~”;/....}
...........((.....*~_.......”=-._......“;,,./`..../”............../
...,,,___.\`~,......“~.,....................`.....}............../
............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-”
............/.`~,......`-...............................\....../\
.............\`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....\,__
,,_..........}.>-._\...................................|..............`=~-,
.....`=~-,_\_......`\,.................................\
...................`=~-,,.\,...............................\
................................`:,,...........................`\..............__
.....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``
........................................_\..........._,-%.......`\
...................................,<`.._|_,-&``................`\

Tuesday, May 19, 2009 8:50 AM
gmanz24 wrote:this thread sucks. who gives a rats ass about this? just mod ur car more and quit bitchin. ur not cool that you wanna think that ur untuned no internals car is quick, cuz its not, do some more, tune it, add some cams, go faster. im faster than all you with my no internal mods ive never even seen the inside of my motor whoopty freakin dooo!!! you kept changing the meaning of no internal mods as other people had faster cars than you, where does a tune become considered an internal mod to be ruled out.. just cuz you dont have one? ur not fast, u drive a 15 second jbody, awesome, congrats!! id love to shake ur hand on ur amazing feat you have accomplished with minor bolt on's and a lack of a job or something. not trying to be a dick but this thread is retarded and i hated seeing it when it first started but i held my tongue cuz i thought others would see it as a waste of internet space and let it die.
do i get ruled out cuz i had a ecotec in a 96 z24? does that rule me out cuz its way to wild for your requirements to this thread? i never ran it but it sure as hell kept close to my other z24 that runs a 14.7 1/4 mile. i never took it to the track because why would i waste my time when all it had was exhaust and an intake? i should have just so i cold post the time up in here and you come up with some excuse as to no no its not good enough cuz its in a 96.

.................../...........................................................,}
................./......................................................,:`^`..}
.............../...................................................,:”........./
................................`:,,...........................`\..............__

were you high when you wrote this or are you always this ignorant?

Tuesday, May 19, 2009 11:03 AM
DJ Beefy wrote:
gmanz24 wrote:this thread sucks. who gives a rats ass about this? just mod ur car more and quit bitchin. ur not cool that you wanna think that ur untuned no internals car is quick, cuz its not, do some more, tune it, add some cams, go faster. im faster than all you with my no internal mods ive never even seen the inside of my motor whoopty freakin dooo!!! you kept changing the meaning of no internal mods as other people had faster cars than you, where does a tune become considered an internal mod to be ruled out.. just cuz you dont have one? ur not fast, u drive a 15 second jbody, awesome, congrats!! id love to shake ur hand on ur amazing feat you have accomplished with minor bolt on's and a lack of a job or something. not trying to be a dick but this thread is retarded and i hated seeing it when it first started but i held my tongue cuz i thought others would see it as a waste of internet space and let it die.

wasnt high, i dont smoke. and nope not ignorant. im sorry you got butt hurt over it tho.
it started out simply as what times are you running N/A with bolt on's, then the OP was like oh well that dont count, i run this i r amazing, then someone else came in and trumped his time and he was like nope that dont count you have HPT... this thread is retarded and everyone else in it went off topic anyway because again this thread is retarded. plus it was late and i was trolling the jbo

Tuesday, May 19, 2009 11:54 AM
gmanz24 wrote:
DJ Beefy wrote:

wasnt high, i dont smoke. and nope not ignorant. im sorry you got butt hurt over it tho.
it started out simply as what times are you running N/A with bolt on's, then the OP was like oh well that dont count, i run this i r amazing, then someone else came in and trumped his time and he was like nope that dont count you have HPT... this thread is retarded and everyone else in it went off topic anyway because again this thread is retarded. plus it was late and i was trolling the jbo

I give a rats ass about this because I wanna know what others are doing with their ecos, and how far behind the times I am. I never said my car was faster then anyones, or better, I did tell newt that his power enrichment things to me was a computer mod, but then he explained it. How does asking people what I want to know turn into me saying I am better then everyone? If you don't like my thread, then stay out of it...thats a pretty simple solution. I know that my ECO is way way way way down on the list of best performing, or fastest and thats fine with me. I just want to know what everyone else is doing with no internal mods, and no computer tuning. Is that so bad that it ruined your day?

Tuesday, May 19, 2009 10:18 PM
EVOFire {DesertTuners} wrote:
gmanz24 wrote:
DJ Beefy wrote:

I give a rats ass about this because I wanna know what others are doing with their ecos, and how far behind the times I am. I never said my car was faster then anyones, or better, I did tell newt that his power enrichment things to me was a computer mod, but then he explained it. How does asking people what I want to know turn into me saying I am better then everyone? If you don't like my thread, then stay out of it...thats a pretty simple solution. I know that my ECO is way way way way down on the list of best performing, or fastest and thats fine with me. I just want to know what everyone else is doing with no internal mods, and no computer tuning. Is that so bad that it ruined your day?

nah didnt ruin my day, i just wanted to piss in someones cherios. i also had a nice facepalm i wanted to use so u got it

Friday, June 05, 2009 5:04 PM
gmanz24 wrote:nah didnt ruin my day, i just wanted to piss in someones cherios. i also had a nice facepalm i wanted to use so u got it

AMIDOINITRITE?

sorry i just had an awesome facepalm i wanted to use so you got it...

Monday, June 08, 2009 11:25 PM
EVOFire {DesertTuners} wrote:Yup the title says it. I wanna know who has the fastest N/A 2.2 ECO with just basic bolt ons. NO INTERNAL MODS! I don't wanna know about past cars either. I want current cars/current owners.

POST EM UP PEOPLE!

Two cars of note:

This is probably the car you are looking for, it is Squirrel's ex, a 14.8_ with intake/exhaust

http://www.j-body.org/members/lambofgoddess/cars/2/

This car ran a 15.1_ stock:

http://www.j-body.org/members/gadz24/cars/1/

Saturday, June 13, 2009 9:02 AM
I just ran today. My best time was a 15.45 at 89.56mph. I could of got a way better time if it wasnt for the 2.3 sec 60' time.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search