bench race before the real deal - Page 2 - Racing Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: bench race before the real deal
Monday, June 15, 2009 10:11 AM
Thanks guys...lol

I have much love for the Twin Cam.....I made it as a joke for a local forum cause my buddy has a Twin Cam Cav.

Figured I'd use it here for @!#$s and giggles.

Tuesday, June 16, 2009 1:42 AM
hehe, it is pretty funny

Anywho im gonna try and get to the track this weekend. Probably installing my shift plus sometime on wednesday

I will keep you guys posted!

had a blown ecotec swapped 2000 cavy, now just an 02 Grand Am, and a 74 BMW 2002...
Tuesday, June 23, 2009 8:28 AM
well weather and money issues have been holding me back,

turns out his 307 got bored out to a 311, new cam, valve heads were ported open more, performance springs/rockers, heavy duty pushrods, high pressure oil pump, edelbrock water pump, edelbrock intake, 4 barrel 600cfm edelbrock.

Might need a lil more than my intake and catback to take this unit on now lol One of these days I will get out to the track

had a blown ecotec swapped 2000 cavy, now just an 02 Grand Am, and a 74 BMW 2002...
Wednesday, June 24, 2009 5:03 AM
Battle of the 16 sec monsters....

Chris

'02 Z-24 Supercharged
13.7 @102.45 MPH Third Place, 2007 GMSC Bash SOLD AS OF 01MAR08

Friday, June 26, 2009 5:13 PM
HAHAHA yeah, just race and find out what happens

Wednesday, July 01, 2009 10:08 PM
Ty Petersen wrote:well weather and money issues have been holding me back,

turns out his 307 got bored out to a 311, new cam, valve heads were ported open more, performance springs/rockers, heavy duty pushrods, high pressure oil pump, edelbrock water pump, edelbrock intake, 4 barrel 600cfm edelbrock.

Might need a lil more than my intake and catback to take this unit on now lol One of these days I will get out to the track

There is pretty much nothing in that list that will make that car very fast LOL

600cfm carb isnt crap, bored over 4 CI isnt crap, and the rest (if half of them even actually exist and isnt ricer dribble) are just supporting mods that dont do a thing on a stock engine... I bet that car puts out 180HP at the absolute best.

Lets put it this way..... My Sunfire ran the exact same times (before I put my cams in) as a stock 86 Mustang 5.0 with a 5-speed..... The engine in this chevy is 9CI bigger, is much less effeciant of an engine and the car weights close to twice as much..

The engine in that car was designed to do one thing..... start every time and run for ever.... performance was never intended for it.. He would have to completely rebuilt it from scratch to even see 300HP and even if he was putting out that much the car would prob only run about a 14.8 to a 15.4 if god was pushing it.

If the guys was serious.... he'd drop a 427 BB in there

Dude.... just race the guy....

Sunday, July 05, 2009 2:09 AM
well coco and I went to the stampede on friday and the guy with the chevelle went to the strip. Anyway, long story short he layed down a 16.9 as his best run. I will have to put aside some loot for this coming friday as I might aswell go and run him lol

Apparently they stuck him against some done up mopar since they figured by the way his car sounds he should be crazy fast. The mopar ran a mid 12 or 13 and well ya...

Alright, coco, you wanna go make some mince meat out of a chevelle this weekend?

Tuesday, July 14, 2009 8:48 PM
The chevalibu blew up on the way up the hill to leave town and head to the track.... lulz!

Thursday, July 16, 2009 11:43 PM
HA HA..... good stuff

Sunday, July 19, 2009 3:31 AM
I will probably run him when the weather starts cooling off and being less humid and the team green insert is in.
But I have some nice tires now (225/50R/16) so I will be able to pass inspection (old tires were bald on all corners),

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search