so how are you mid/low 14 n/a boys doing it?? - Page 5 - Racing Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: so how are you mid/low 14 n/a boys doing it??
Wednesday, September 16, 2009 1:44 PM
i agree with newt, its seat time. when i started i was lucky to break a 15.7. every trip to the track i cut .2 off my time minimum. i have yet to hit a wall where i havent gotten faster and set PB's

i learned to launch it and ran a 14.9 about 4x, then hit a 14.85 before they closed the track for the night. in 3 weeks time when were back my new goal is 14.6

14.04 @ 101 ALLMOTOR

Thursday, September 17, 2009 6:35 PM
Ya my time was something like that, but I am using the cheapest tires you can get in Canada, ran the 2 hottest nights this year, as you can tell by trap-speed I had very little traction especially through first 2 gears, a bad clutch (slipps more then ever after those runs), full weight (subs and all), so I know could of done better, but Im just lazy when you work on cars all day, taking stuff out of car a hassle, especially since have to put back in after

"As I lay rubber down the street, I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide, please dear God protect my ride." -Amen
Thursday, September 17, 2009 7:07 PM
ld9 13's n /a are eminent.

Familiar Taste of Poison.
Thursday, September 17, 2009 8:53 PM
My goal is to get as close as possible to 13s as I can with my auto....then m62 it lol. Cant wait to get things together and go to the track.

Friday, September 18, 2009 10:55 PM
LD9 for the win

paul got 13.6@100 mph brad has time slip i think

8 psi with m62 and IAT under 100
Friday, September 18, 2009 11:36 PM
YES!!!!!! paul did it guys. deep into 13's ALL MOTOR ALL MOTOR ALL MOTOR

13.6 @ 100 with 26 by 8.5/15" m&h racemaster slicks on 15" motegi traklites. (22lbs w/ tire total)

swear to christ guys. i was there. it was breathtaking. i literally screamed at the top of my luns and about fell over.

oh... 2nd best part of the night? IT DID 14.1 On TnE FREAKn ALL SEASOnS!!!!!!!!!!!

paul- all you're hard work paid off buddy. im glad i got the chance to help you out with this project so much.

Saturday, September 19, 2009 4:57 PM

Saturday, September 19, 2009 5:42 PM
fake i dont believe you
jk great job paul

Sunday, September 20, 2009 9:19 AM
SO maybe I have to get my clutch, and few of the other toys and run, I know I can get the 14.0 mark easily

"As I lay rubber down the street, I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide, please dear God protect my ride." -Amen
Sunday, September 20, 2009 11:56 AM
i need to install my damn wideband! its time to tune!

Sunday, September 20, 2009 12:59 PM
made this post a month early. i know how to now LOL

stroker + 2400lbs w/ driver + slicks = 12's

Sunday, September 20, 2009 1:01 PM
my tune is still pretty rough didnt even play with the afpr we only got 5 runs in so....

I had a stock clutch.

Sunday, September 20, 2009 3:04 PM
well I got some toys here ready for install so looks like you may not be only one to get 13's lol, I beat your first time, I plan to beat your 13.6 lol, and Im redoing block soon, and maybe just maybe might switch oil pumps

Sunday, September 20, 2009 4:02 PM
i @!#$ bet lol some one is a lil cocky

Sunday, September 20, 2009 7:34 PM
Cody I had him beat on old setup, plus I founf an interesting motor from wreckers, with JE pistons, and P&P head, I took the head(look great with the HO cams, I might be going next weekend and getting oil pump crap, I already have the 10:1( but ordering 10.5:1 soon), I already have basically ever N/A part on motor as is, and just figuring out which clutch and flywheel to get( mine toast lost my third gear now lol), so 13's........meh not that hard, I will be running similar setup as Paul's, he doesn't have much more then me now, and I ran ALOT heavier then him at track so 14.0 - 13's easy in my eyes

Sunday, September 20, 2009 7:40 PM
i laugh at the fact you think 13's are 'not that hard.

until you actually do it... you're just blowing smoke. sorry.

Sunday, September 20, 2009 7:48 PM
you know going to do it lol, I ran that time easily with wat I have, with clutch and flywheel could of went lower, and ALOT less weight, but I got a few toys to run with next year, as no way I can get clutch and flywheel, and break them in by time last track run of year

Sunday, September 20, 2009 7:50 PM
i hope you do... i really do.

but 13's are by no means 'easy'.

Sunday, September 20, 2009 7:53 PM
I know how to drive(lots of bench time), and my car capable of 14.4-14.5 now, but then again without doing the clutch and flywheel will not know, plus rebuilding soon, my toys I have will be similar to Paul's setup

Sunday, September 20, 2009 8:03 PM
hahah ya paul will have something for you to next year too

Sunday, September 20, 2009 8:05 PM
u cant compare man... completely different tracks.

do it and come back wit slips.

Sunday, September 20, 2009 8:11 PM
ya do you have slips?

have you ran at thundervalley they dont prep for @!#$

i dont understand what makes your car a gift to jbodys

Sunday, September 20, 2009 8:50 PM
not a gift to J's but if you read my posts or know me then you know Im not cocky or anything, just having fun. But besides that, this would not be the only car I get into the 13s with, I have had many Cavys, I have helped build others, so I know what Im doing Im just LAZY lol, if I actually got off my ass and did what I was palnning then would be a better time, ask Brad, Scott, Brian they all know not cocky, as Im trying to help them also, we are trying to get me into 13s, Brad into 15s (with 2.2), workign on getting Brian good 3400, so we all just have fun, I know for a fact can get 13s but then again it takes me getting off my ass and doing it. When income tax comes in I will be going new pistons, and rods, and I already have P&P, cams, injectors, pistons, crank, and other things to redo on this car, my build is nice but I know its time for more power and if I dont hit at least 14.0 Im selling her lol

Sunday, September 20, 2009 10:06 PM
oh yea my crappy 2.4 (worst 1 in iowa) ran a 14.9 with a stock bottom end 2.2 60'

with step 2 colder plugs

Monday, September 21, 2009 3:11 PM
Ill have somthing for you boys next year

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search