so how are you mid/low 14 n/a boys doing it?? - Page 7 - Racing Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: so how are you mid/low 14 n/a boys doing it??
Thursday, September 24, 2009 4:54 PM
true, and yea, the GMPP kits (M45 and M62) do come with some kind of tune, better than nothing... which would most likely end up in a melted engine.

thats all I'm trying to say. There's no way you're using either engine and expecting it to survive longer than 5 minutes without some kind of tuning whether it be electronic or mechanical or what have you.

So saying that the GMPP kit is 'untuned' is a bit silly.

Thursday, September 24, 2009 5:00 PM
he meat it wast tuned via hpt. it had gm flash i guarantee it.

wade's car did 215 w/ a rough mail-order tune from ron. stock motor w/ completely stock exhaust. just a few bolt ons was it.

tuning an m45 makes a massive difference. MASSIVE.

Familiar Taste of Poison.
Thursday, September 24, 2009 8:05 PM
from chris via pm:

Chris Taetsch wrote:My car made 205 whp with the stock tune, stock pulley at 34K miles.

It ran a 13.9 at 37K miles also, stock tune\pulley.

It LATTER (3 years and HPT by Tom and myself) ran a 13.7 with a O\S crank pulley and 134K miles on it. Once I got the juice working, could hold my own with speed, with a 2.6 and the OS crank, and yes, juice.

With me in it, and a half a tank, the car weighed in at 3024.

Nothing in touched besides what can get "bolted" on was ever done to it, as I need a VERY reliable car at the time. (Marine MP... Driving around A LOT)

Everything EVER done is in the Profile... just in case someone out there wants to lean from what I did.

As for the GTO... Its a nice car.

Familiar Taste of Poison.
Friday, September 25, 2009 8:39 PM
wow, I stop typing into this thread and come back to see some of the big guys(good thing), but argueing of boosted and N/A??????????supercharger usually suck, so 13.9 out of those is great seeing as how not many are able to get that even with more and more being done to motor, and boltons, most running mid 14's so Chris's time is something rare, and Ben's car doesn't count when compairing cars, that car is a monster, and in a class of its own....PJ well he is a mad scientist, so you can expect great times, and some of us are running 14's easily with full weight, bad clutch, bald tires, so 13's very impressive, hell even 14's is good not many are in 14's

"As I lay rubber down the street, I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide, please dear God protect my ride." -Amen
Tuesday, September 29, 2009 6:05 PM
You guys are great ! ! !

Thanks for the support, i just laugh when my name is used in conversion I dont think im all that special, but thanks

if anyone has any questions about anything call anytime
cell: 989-798-0518

see ya in 2010 !
Friday, October 02, 2009 7:01 AM
DaFlyinSkwir(LS61) /PJ/ OEM+ wrote:
So saying that the GMPP kit is 'untuned' is a bit silly.

Untuned.

As in STOCK REFLASH, 12* timeing.. and what not.

Chris

'02 Z-24 Supercharged
13.7 @102.45 MPH Third Place, 2007 GMSC Bash SOLD AS OF 01MAR08

Saturday, October 03, 2009 11:24 PM
Great thread Brad, thanks for starting it

I'm shooting for high 14's NA by next fall.

Paying someone to install parts and bragging about it being fast, is like watching someone bang your wife and being proud to raise their kids.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search