auto cav + technic m62 - Racing Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
auto cav + technic m62
Saturday, August 15, 2009 4:07 PM
well i just got back from the track and i ran a best of 14.91 at 90.4 mph with a 2.2 60 ft kinda wanted a little better but cant expect much running pretty much stock tune + FMU of course i got injectors tho.

plan to head back sept. 18
i want to raise shift point, and do a little other tuning my self you can talk to brad (Zyaaa), N/A madness, mike burns, tyler wichers about the runs ill have to dig through my car for the time slip if you want know anything else

mods are in profile minus lsd

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Saturday, August 15, 2009 5:18 PM

8 psi with m62 and IAT under 100

Re: auto cav + technic m62
Saturday, August 15, 2009 4:22 PM
Sucks.. up the spark advance, make sure the fuelings perfect. Get back when it's tuned real well and you should be able to pull of a ton better, at least I'd think...

2001 Olds Alero (LD9)
636 whp / 543 ft-lb
@turboalero
Saturday, August 15, 2009 5:16 PM
no... it does not suck.

considering he dropped over a full second in time compared to n/a.

up the spark advance? huh? detonation???

Every time I scream "Release", I mean it, you know it. I feel the day. Black 7.
Saturday, August 15, 2009 5:43 PM
seems kinda slow to me

Saturday, August 15, 2009 5:49 PM
Cody Star wrote:well i just got back from the track and i ran a best of 14.91 at 90.4 mph with a 2.2 60 ft kinda wanted a little better but cant expect much running pretty much stock tune + FMU of course i got injectors tho.

plan to head back sept. 18
i want to raise shift point, and do a little other tuning my self you can talk to brad (Zyaaa), N/A madness, mike burns, tyler wichers about the runs ill have to dig through my car for the time slip if you want know anything else

mods are in profile minus lsd

Saturday, August 15, 2009 6:02 PM
Not bad, a couple mods and it's low 14's.

Saturday, August 15, 2009 6:18 PM
whiskerbiscuit wrote:seems kinda slow to me

its an auto.

wtf do you expect?

Saturday, August 15, 2009 9:20 PM
i ran 14.3's with the M45 prototype with a auto trans

and i thought you cant tune a 96 ? any pics of the s/c set up ?

time isnt to bad for the first time , its about what i ran the first few passes , just takes some practice and learning the car

Saturday, August 15, 2009 9:37 PM
um its a fwd auto... theres really no 'practice' to it. you push the gas down and go.

and he's pulling 2.2 60's on street tires.

Saturday, August 15, 2009 9:40 PM
z yaaaa wrote:no... it does not suck.

considering he dropped over a full second in time compared to n/a.

It sucks because people running smaller superchargers are running low 14s. I ran 14.8 best on my little MP45 and that was only on 4-5 psi. It sucks because it's not at all what the potential is. Not even close. With the right tuning and cooling he can knock it down to at least high 13s.
z yaaaa wrote:up the spark advance? huh? detonation???

Do you know anything about tuning? Spark is where the power is at. You up it until you see knock, and back off a little. You want to maximize spark advance. With meth you can up it pretty good. Higher octane fuel you can go a little more crazy with it. Spyhunter made somewhere in the low 300s for whp, and then after doing a good amount of spark tuning, wound up around 430 whp.

2001 Olds Alero (LD9)
636 whp / 543 ft-lb
@turboalero
Saturday, August 15, 2009 9:46 PM
honestly... i know very little about tuning. is that any reason to being a dick about it? no... however, i do know detonation is bad and ive always heard you were supposed to retard timing with boost or nitrous. as far as i know he isnt seeing any knock so i guess he could probably add some.

the supercharger system has a built in heat exchanger with pump and reservoir. it sees pretty low iat's already.

but i agree... it could definitely do better, but in reality... it did not do 'too well' on the technic either, according to internet specs.

this is also the smaller, older m62.

and what one person does 5000 miles away in a completely different area of the country with no doubt a different sea level number and a completely different track really means well.... jack to me.

this car was hanging with many, many boosted hondas, a turboed talon as well as an s2000, 350z and even a saleen mustang last night so i dont see it as terrible, im sorry.

Saturday, August 15, 2009 10:25 PM
and i dont if its just me i dont think thundervalley is the best track.
i was there at 5 and they did no prep between then and 7 and everyone seemed to be saying there running slower than normal

Saturday, August 15, 2009 10:27 PM
track prep really only effects those with traction issues.

you certainly have them, but 2.2 60's on street tires is pretty decent actually.

Saturday, August 15, 2009 10:29 PM
ya true but i cant help but think what if i could do a brake stand to 2 or even 1500

Saturday, August 15, 2009 11:34 PM
install that lsd, get some radials, and find out.

Sunday, August 16, 2009 11:37 AM
and get a yank stall if i can ever find one but brad i prolly wont be down till next weekend to tune

Sunday, August 16, 2009 12:03 PM
z yaaaa wrote:
whiskerbiscuit wrote:seems kinda slow to me

its an auto.

wtf do you expect?

Whoa calm down. Just sayin...

Auto or not under more desirable cicumstances It can be a lot faster, such as altitude, track, tires, etc.

Sunday, August 16, 2009 12:55 PM
When you say a stock tune, what stock tune? Stock N/A tune? More info please.

I would also say I would not be that happy with the times, but it has more in it, probably in tuning and seat time. Yes it is a auto but things to learn at the track in a auto. Tracks can be slow, and affect all cars.

FU Tuning

Sunday, August 16, 2009 2:18 PM
stock N/A tune just rev limiter and shift points raised and injector constant changed for new injectors and added fuel with FMU

not being a dick but instead of telling me i am slow tell me how to help my time please

Sunday, August 16, 2009 2:25 PM
it does take practice, cody.

boost is a tricky mother to get right, tuning is going to help that car so much, you have no idea.

Sunday, August 16, 2009 2:28 PM
i was trying friday but always ran a 14.9 or 15.0
would it help to do launches on the highway or not

Sunday, August 16, 2009 2:30 PM
no because the highway has a completely different surface.

only practice down the strip is going to help you get that thing quicker.

Sunday, August 16, 2009 2:44 PM
alright one more chance this season sept. 18

then H.O. valve train and cams go in along with lsd, stall, and ttr tranny mount
i have cams and lsd
need stall, valve train if anyone know where to get a yank stall please let me know

Sunday, August 16, 2009 2:50 PM
lookie here star!

Sunday, August 16, 2009 2:58 PM
Well being that it is a stock n/a tune, then I would think it has more timing than it needs on this set-up. Could be seeing a little bit of knock pulling timing putting it below what you would like to have.

Street and track are very different. You can practice on the street, but you use that as to help show you what to do to change it. Meaning say you are spinning really bad, and you adjust tire pressure and it helps. Then you know of something to change at the track if you run into that, but the same tire pressure that works on the street is not going to work at the track. YOu can practice launches as far as getting the RPM's up high enough, but with a stock converter you are not going to get the RPM's as high as you need. I think tuning will be a big help.

FU Tuning

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search