ecotec circle track - Racing Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
ecotec circle track
Friday, August 21, 2009 8:27 PM
We race a 05 sunfire. 2.2 eco on a 1/4 mile oval. Rules say must stay stock. What kind of upgrades can I do that are stock appearing to gain HP. Cams, ecm reflash, Any other ideas? Who can work on my ecm? Any help would be greatly needed. Thanks

Re: ecotec circle track
Sunday, August 23, 2009 6:15 PM
Look up the balance shaft mod, a lot of guys are doing that to free up so hp. I'm not a eco guy but hopefully one of them will chime in.

Wednesday, August 26, 2009 2:17 AM
what other info can you give us on the car...auto/manual base model, full options car.....

Wednesday, August 26, 2009 7:12 PM
It is a base model car and is an automatic. Has to be an auto due to rules and no forced induction of any kind. Are there cam options i can use to gain hp or ecm work? Any other ideas?
Thursday, August 27, 2009 8:44 PM
There should be power in timing, especially if they let you run some 100 octane. HPTuners is your friend, get that puppy up on a dyno with it!

Bill Hahn Jr.
Hahn RaceCraft

World's Quickest and Fastest Street J-Bodies
Turbocharging GM FWD's since 1988
www.turbosystem.com

Friday, August 28, 2009 7:20 PM
look into locating a yank converters, and I don't know for sure but the cobalt ss cast manifold might have slightly larger ports compared to a jbody. Also look for an LE5 intake manifold.....if I think of more I'll add to the list.

Sunday, August 30, 2009 5:34 PM
Where can i get HPtuners? how does it work and whats it cost? Is there somewhere I can send my ecm to get it programmed>?
Monday, August 31, 2009 10:11 AM
Depending whrer your located it might be cheaper to have a local forum member tun the car for you....

Monday, August 31, 2009 12:35 PM
I would like to have some on tune it for me I am in Indiana but could send ecm anywhere. Any suggestions?
Monday, August 31, 2009 12:57 PM
How close are you to Chicago? Click my link for our address and website

Bill Hahn Jr.
Hahn RaceCraft

World's Quickest and Fastest Street J-Bodies
Turbocharging GM FWD's since 1988
www.turbosystem.com

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search