My Circle Track Car - Racing Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
My Circle Track Car
Tuesday, July 14, 2009 5:31 PM
i have a 98 sunfire i did an ecotec swap in and am racing on a 3/8s oval banked track we built the cage it has a custom bent and welded 12 point cage built in our home garage and i relocated the fuel pump into an 8 gallon fuel cell that resides in the truck it has 21/2 inch exhaust exiting through a 40 series flowmaster and a cold air intake which breaths through the cut out fog light on the passenger side
under the hood

trunk

center of car

front

the rest of the cage from front to rear

motor again

where the cage meets the chasis in front of the fire wall

Re: My Circle Track Car
Tuesday, July 14, 2009 7:07 PM
what track do you race at, i love those a300's no tracks up here allow them
Tuesday, July 14, 2009 8:42 PM
a300's ?
i run at Citrus County Speedway in Inverness,FL
Tuesday, July 14, 2009 10:56 PM
wow you need fender flares bad! What are your weight rules like? I see a lot of extra weight in there still.

Wednesday, July 15, 2009 5:48 AM
2500ibs and it was 58percent front weight but they droed that rule so that weight is no longer there
Wednesday, July 15, 2009 6:19 AM
haha i was getting ready to typed the canned response "no we will not tell you how to remove the limiter/governor on your circle track car"

good to see someone actually races one.

nice work

My car may run 18s, but I can do your taxes in 10 seconds flat.
JBO lube - they would never have enough in stock and we'd never see RodimusPrime again
Wednesday, July 15, 2009 4:19 PM
A300s is in reference to the tire compound.

I'm surprised the don't require the trunk with the fuel cell, be sealed off from the drivers compartment with sheet metal. Wether or not the track requires it, I would seal it off, in the event of a rupture and fire.

It's been may years since I've been to CCSW, I might have to take a run over there one of these weekends.

Wednesday, July 15, 2009 9:20 PM
Yeah i noticed the lack of a rear firewall as well, thats just about the only rule they enforce at my track. That and weight. 2500 pounds eh, thats heavy. Mine is a few pounds over 2200 with me in it, depending on how much fuel i have.

Thursday, July 16, 2009 2:33 AM
Definitly want to seal that back firewall off. After you tin it in use some thpe of liquid sealer also just to be safe. Even if your fuel cell has a rollover valve, in a bad enough accident the lines can rupture and leak fuel seen this happen on a modified. So is the Eco kickin butt?
Thursday, July 16, 2009 7:25 AM
I was also thinking not just for a saftey thing, but I look at that trunk area as a huge parachute with it all open like that. I removed the entire rear shelf and sheetmetaled on an angle from the rear seats back to where the rear window unsed to sit. You can kind of see it in my sig.

I wish I could run the eco, What are you running against and how does it do? my rules restrict me to pre 00 cars only but the 2.2 still kicks @ss

Thursday, July 16, 2009 7:08 PM
a300 is the model tires ytou are running,

my car is under 1700 lbs race ready minus driver

our rule is 2200 so we have 200-300 lbs of lead in it, our percentages are 55 left 33.2 rear and 47 cross, the rr only has 328 lbs on it haha

Thursday, July 16, 2009 8:51 PM
i cant run fender flares but yes the car barley goes in between the fenders on out trailer and its 8 ft

yes im goin to seal the trunk up.

no i dont need to take the rev off i had a guy tune the ecm and remove the security and up the rev limiter

the car runs but couldnt get it to hold the track coming out of the corner i was runnin second gear and smoking the tires

i run with mustangs,toyotas,and vws most of the the mustangs are sound like there quick but they havwe to run the creap out of there cars to try to catch me at 1/2 3/4 trottle and im all stock otherthan the rev and exhaust and cold air intake its pretty sad these guys are surprises i was runnin it at practice and a guy came over and said man your fast you just cant get through the corner and that he couldnt catch me and said man your smoking the tires all the way from the middle out

a guy hit me in the right rear quarter and sent me into the wall you can see the quarter still we put a front end and new subframe from the strut tower foward out of 2x3 tubing and a pipe bumper and i guess he bent the car the right way cause it rides right through the corner

wont be out there for a couple weeks cause i just got my apendix out so i have to let it heal

just got some new aero wheels 13x8 that are 4 lug and the car has been converted over to cobalt spindles and hubs and might be boltin in an alero independent rear
DOES ANYBODY KNOW WHERE TO GET AT LEAST ! NEW TIRE FOR CHEAPER THAN $115 cause i dont have that kind of money to spend oj tires right now
some mini stock take offs will work

ALSO DOES ANYBODY WANT TO BUY 6 5x100 13x8 falcon race wheels for$200 i paid $75 apeice for them
Monday, August 10, 2009 4:04 PM
so how do i bypas or eliminate the govenor
Monday, August 10, 2009 6:13 PM
get it tuned and thay can make it higher but mine is at 6500 rite now and is fine unless it is smokin the tires
Sunday, August 30, 2009 5:32 PM
where do you get an ecotec ecm tuned?
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search