going to the track a few eco ? - Racing Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
going to the track a few eco ?
Monday, September 14, 2009 5:16 PM
ok heres my setup as of rite now ye it sucks lol but we all have to start some were lol
ok heres my set up
02 ls sport
2.2 eco /5 speed
under drive pully
a 4-2-1 header with the ebow cut off and an new one made
2 1/2 pipie header back with a high flow cat and a flowmaster 40
i did the 1/2 shft mod to the tb

ok heres some of my ?S
i ran the car a million times as a auto when it was stock ran a 10.0 bone stock

i never ran it as a 5 speed ye i have ran a lot of passes in a 5 speed but it was my neon
my 1st ? is were does evey one drop the cluch from at the start
and my 2nd ? is whats the best rpm to shif from

now i know all cars are diffrent and the weather and track has a key in i but just lookin for tips i could use to better my track time

Re: going to the track a few eco ?
Monday, September 14, 2009 6:29 PM
trial and error, get an intake and then run again, try launching around 3k to start with but dont dump the clutch. also search a little bit. I know there are posts out there on this
Monday, September 14, 2009 7:02 PM
what intake i was looking at geting a 2.4 intake

Monday, September 14, 2009 10:23 PM
ok just stop posting now, read your own profile........eco/2.4 not same car FAIL!!!!!!!!!!!!

"As I lay rubber down the street, I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide, please dear God protect my ride." -Amen
Tuesday, September 15, 2009 3:42 AM
If your talking to me then maybe u should look at my profile it says 2.2 dohc

When I say 2.4 Im talking about the 2.4 Eco intake that's on the cobalt 2.4 Eco being I have a 2.2 Eco

Tuesday, September 15, 2009 9:08 AM
no, the 2.4 eco intake wont come close to fitting, cobalts are completely different, get one for you 2.2 eco, or make your own, all it is is just a tube and a filter.
Tuesday, September 15, 2009 1:33 PM
i thank you all are thanking im talking about a cold air intake ??? well im talking about a 2.4 eco intake manafold

Tuesday, September 15, 2009 1:42 PM
the 2.4 ecotec intake manifold will fit as many have already proven i think the only thing that has to be done is you have to drill out 1 more hole for the tb but that is all. ( i have one sitting in my garage waiting to install) also from my understanding these will give you a 20hpish gain (here is a link to crate engine depot for a kit) CLICK ME

Tuesday, September 15, 2009 3:06 PM
just call it the LE5 intake manifold, that way you don't confuse it with the old 2.4L

Thursday, September 17, 2009 9:07 AM
if you're talking about an intake mani then say that,don't say 2.4 intake.

Wednesday, September 23, 2009 8:22 AM
I've read on here that you want to let the clutch out quick, but slow enough so's not to bog the motor. This I imagine is a LOT easier to do (bogging I mean) on my 2200, but the concept is the same.

I did this once (the only pass of the day and last pass before I blew up my old motor) and ran my (pathetic) best of 16.5. Im sure the car had more in it, but it was a time down from 17.1 with my poor driving skill, just trying this launching method got me a much better time, before i was letting out a little lower and letting out too hard.

"A car just isn't a car without a little blood, sweat, and beers." -- Shadowfire

Sunday, September 27, 2009 7:35 AM
your car should boogie pretty good man, i ran in the 14's on fewer mods, found out my tune at the time was actually hindering me too. only thing is i was on slicks. good luck tho!

14.04 @ 101 ALLMOTOR
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search