results from track - Racing Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
results from track
Saturday, October 03, 2009 3:56 PM
I have a 1997 chevy cavalier with a 2.4 Auto and has msd, cold air intake, 2.3 intake match ported, headers, crank pulley, alternator pulley,ported head intake/exhaust, secret cams, Hp tuned, pistons bore in .030 and 75 shoot of wet nitrous with all this y hit a 16 flat at the track and i dont like that considering that i raced with my 18's and burn rubber at the box. so you have something that can help me out out of a w41 i will appreciate cams or if u have the head and up i'll buy it.

Re: results from track
Saturday, October 03, 2009 4:45 PM
Wow thats slower than stock time for some boost

z28guy(KGM BEOTCH)
Saturday, October 03, 2009 5:03 PM
be more specific... wat kinda 60 foots did you pull?? you say tuned but are you sure it is done correctly?

Familiar Taste of Poison.
Saturday, October 03, 2009 6:26 PM
i hit a 16 flat stock

but ya post up your time slip
what kinda tires you got?

where do you launch at

8 psi with m62 and IAT under 100
Saturday, October 03, 2009 6:47 PM
a launch at 3200 rpm shure i'll post time 2morrow, now im thinking of low compression pistons and the turbo 2 boost i bought it from ebay though are they good??? do u guys know whats the max of boost if i am going to keep the nitrous. and how much nitrous???? i think i am going to take it make to the guy who tuned the car to doble check. or should i buy high compression and keep nitrous???? what can i do to make it go faster????
Saturday, October 03, 2009 7:08 PM
Wow when I had my 99 Z24 with an AEM and lower mount I did 15.8. BTW that was my first time ever lining up at a tree.

Saturday, October 03, 2009 7:12 PM
you cant post the time now???

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Saturday, October 03, 2009 7:20 PM
i need to go to my house but tonight like at i will i believe it even has the date on it for shure so what do you guys suggest???????
Saturday, October 03, 2009 8:21 PM
we suggest gettihg us 60 ft results.

Familiar Taste of Poison.
Saturday, October 03, 2009 8:32 PM
holy questions...from what I can get from this so far is, get some practice. 16's seem very high for what you have for a motor on a 75 shot.

Saturday, October 03, 2009 9:51 PM
get some smaller rims. the 18's are slowing you down like MAD.

Saturday, October 03, 2009 10:48 PM
tyler wicher ran low 14s a couple time with exhaust Ho intake mani and 75 shot but mostly high 14s and low 15s i think

8 psi with m62 and IAT under 100
Saturday, October 03, 2009 10:58 PM
Yeah man 16's are way slower than you should be going. Hell, I pulled a 15.3 with just a CAI, catback and engine mounts.

Are you roasting the hell out of street tires? If so, don't, it just makes them greasy, go around the water box and just scrub them, couple seconds at most.

Drop your front tires to about 25 psi and rear tires up to about 50 for less rolling resistance. You should be in the low low 15's with your setup, maybe even 14's if you know how to drive...

I can see it now, 2.5+ 60's...

Paying someone to install parts and bragging about it being fast, is like watching someone bang your wife and being proud to raise their kids.
Sunday, October 04, 2009 3:04 AM
any suggestions???? turbo or not????
Sunday, October 04, 2009 9:50 AM
Our suggestions are get us the time slips so we can give you some pointers on how to drive.

Paying someone to install parts and bragging about it being fast, is like watching someone bang your wife and being proud to raise their kids.
Sunday, October 04, 2009 10:19 AM
Timeslip in check it out and let me know
Sunday, October 04, 2009 1:49 PM
should i buy the w41 cams and high comp pistons and keeo nitrous or buy w41 cams and low comp pistons with turbo????? what route should i go???
Sunday, October 04, 2009 1:58 PM
what tires are you running?

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Sunday, October 04, 2009 2:04 PM
holy 60' 2.7 is waaaay slow... do like transporter said, dont do a huge burnout, go around the box and scuff the tires some. lose the 18's for the track. pickup a up a couple of 15" steelies(if your on stock brakes) with some soft tires that have squishy sidewalls or drag radials, drop that 60' down to like a 2.2 and you should be able to pull at least a mid 15. get some more seat time and you'll be in the low 15s for sure. dont go out spending all kinds of ridiculious time and money trying to get more hp outta ur motor before you know how to get a good time as is. you'll just wind up frustrated with your times.

Sunday, October 04, 2009 2:57 PM
Yeah your loosing all that time in the launch. You should be in the 2.2 60's, and if you get good, the high 2.1's.

The 18's are definitely hurting your times like Jon said.

Just realized you have an auto... how much are you spinning off the line? You should only be just chirping them as you come to redline in first, wheel spin is just lost time.

Sunday, October 04, 2009 5:47 PM
The 60' really needs some work. I know everyone has said to lose the 18's but are you sure the nitrous is engaging. I'm looking at your trap which will be a little lower because you're spinning so much, but with a built motor and a 75 shot you should definately be trapping at least in the mid 90's. Lower compression pistons and larger rims will work against you, but not enough to make an astronomical difference. You said it has been tuned by HP tuners so some more info on your afr's and what not would help. It just sounds like something is really off for your mods. A built motor with a 75 shot is no joke. In most cases, that makes for a 13 second car with a decent driver.

Sunday, October 04, 2009 5:54 PM
Didn't realize he had a 75 shot...

Either something is majorly wrong with that car, or this guy doesn't know which one is the gas pedal.

Sunday, October 04, 2009 6:12 PM
Yeah. Something is definately wrong. If I were to guess what a z24 with those mods were to run I would guess at least 13's at over 100 if the person knew how to floor it.
Sunday, October 04, 2009 10:31 PM
I ran a 16 flat in my auto convertible... with intake and catback

and how are are you launching at 3200 in an auto?

When i was launching mine a little over 2k is the highest i could launch at before the brakes would start to slip (brake launching)

Sunday, October 04, 2009 10:48 PM
because i ha a higher stall torque converter
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search