results from track - Page 2 - Racing Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: results from track
Sunday, October 04, 2009 11:08 PM
Green96 wrote:The 60' really needs some work. I know everyone has said to lose the 18's but are you sure the nitrous is engaging. I'm looking at your trap which will be a little lower because you're spinning so much, but with a built motor and a 75 shot you should definately be trapping at least in the mid 90's. Lower compression pistons and larger rims will work against you, but not enough to make an astronomical difference. You said it has been tuned by HP tuners so some more info on your afr's and what not would help. It just sounds like something is really off for your mods. A built motor with a 75 shot is no joke. In most cases, that makes for a 13 second car with a decent driver.

should i buy the w41 cams and high comp pistons and keep nitrous or buy w41 cams and low comp pistons with turbo????? what route should i go???

Sunday, October 04, 2009 11:15 PM
You keep asking what else you should bolt to it, but were telling you, it's your driving, you should be a second quicker at least with what you have done.

If it's not your driving, than there is something wrong with the car, which means you should be putting your time and money into that, not more parts.

Paying someone to install parts and bragging about it being fast, is like watching someone bang your wife and being proud to raise their kids.
Sunday, October 04, 2009 11:37 PM
ok i wil keep that in mind
Monday, October 05, 2009 2:16 PM
Transporter7220 wrote:You keep asking what else you should bolt to it, but were telling you, it's your driving, you should be a second quicker at least with what you have done.

If it's not your driving, than there is something wrong with the car, which means you should be putting your time and money into that, not more parts.

fully built with nitrious i would think he would get atleast a high 13 secong quarter those 18s are prolly most of your answer alont with 2.7 60ft

8 psi with m62 and IAT under 100
Monday, October 05, 2009 2:35 PM
you are probaly spinning like hell at the start. get some slicks or some sort of drag racing tire. you can have all the power in world but if your car aint hooking up, its basically worthless

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Monday, October 05, 2009 7:05 PM
I agree that you need to really work on the launch and get some different wheels and tires for racing. Make small changes before going and spending a whole bunch more money. The cams and different pistons will help if your going to stay with spray, but I would go over the simple things and make sure the car is running properly. You need to launch lower in the rpm's and practice. I think something is actually wrong so find the problem before spending tons of cash. If you want boost then go for it but decide what your end goal is before you tear the motor apart again and start changing things.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search