road racing - Racing Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
road racing
Saturday, January 24, 2009 5:43 AM
What do you road racing guys run for suspension? I have a 01 2.2. Is there any racing upper and lower control arms available? anyone running jacking bolts? ive been in circle track for years so all this is new to me. any stock appearing fiberglass available? how big of a sway bar can you run? Do you run one in the rear? anyone have any tips on front and rear roll center? lockers? Im building a street car but im tining the whole thing, its pretty much a race car with headlights. Im trying to scale the car at 50% lift/right 50% front/rear then I can adjust from there. anyone know a good springs available that will allow me to change spring rates? I think most guys running cavaliers in racing are limited to rules. if you could change your rules what suspension setup would you run?

Re: road racing
Saturday, January 24, 2009 6:29 AM
Quote:

Racing Forum
Autocross (Auto-X), Drag Racing, Road and Track Racing spoken here. Street racing, on the other hand, is NOT spoken here. This forum is for legal racing only.

Saturday, January 24, 2009 10:40 AM
I am a fabricator and welder. I am not a street racer. Im building more or less a development car. I build race cars, thought it would be a cool project and a good way to create some real custom track worthy race parts instead of bolting on a bunch of parts. By not bringing it to a sanctioned event I can go any direction I want because I dont have to follow any rules.
Wednesday, January 28, 2009 2:39 PM
on our next race car we are building we are going to cut the front strut tower off and reinforce teh from rail and weld on mounts to hold a tubular upper a frame from a super late model and make a bolt on adapter to the stock spindle that will hold a rebuildable ball joint and then make a mount for a penske red coilover shock... just an idea
Tuesday, October 13, 2009 5:57 AM
My setup for road course tracks: Eibach Pro Springs, 26mm Anti-Sway fronts, 22mm Anti-sway rear, No camber change, Brembo sport pads in the front. It is a crude setup but it keeps things fun. I have done a road rally or two that was 60/40 gravel/tarmac and I replaced the Pro Springs with the stock ones, shocks set soft. I am interested to see where this is gonna go, I have thought about making a development platform but just haven't had the time. One word of warning, the track can be your best friend. Acura carries over a lot of their LMP research to help improve their mid-high performance street machines.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search