14.4 @ 95... Full Bolt-on Eco - Page 2 - Racing Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: 14.4 @ 95... Full Bolt-on Eco
Tuesday, September 22, 2009 10:08 PM
PMd... much respect and i def think you could squeeze some more out of it.

Wednesday, September 23, 2009 6:38 AM
Thanks again guys!

Bored TB is going back on (working or not) and its getting re-tuned.

Back to the track October 4th, going to try and best my 14.4.

Wednesday, September 23, 2009 1:48 PM
13.6!!!! beat it!!! el o el!

u could. do eat.

Familiar Taste of Poison.
Wednesday, September 23, 2009 2:02 PM
Not on a stock internal Eco...

If I had a perfect run, a perfect tune and a small miricle it would probally just touch 13.9. But thats not going to happen....lol

The car would need more than the maybe 20hp over stock that my bolt ones gave to me run a 13.6.

I've never really hammered the launch the last time I was at the track, ussually about 4500rpm and slip the clutch slow.

This is my last track day of the year so if it breaks it breaks.

Going to give it more of a agressive launch, plus the other little plans, would be nice to run a 14.2 or so.

Then again I'm quite happy with my 14.4 right now.

Wednesday, September 23, 2009 10:34 PM
About the larger TB, with the car sitting there key on, not running, get out your dataloggin stuff, you should have a MAP reading of atmospheric pressure (say 98KPA for example) whatever the atmospheric pressure is that day. Take note of this # (or look at it in your logs afterwards)

Now go take a couple WOT runs to redline under max load should be able to get a value very similar to that 98KPa. If you only get to about 92 with the old TB and say 96 with the new one you know it's working and you are getting rid of that restriction.

However, if they both hover around the 98KPa mark, the stock TB is likely large enough. Either way, very hard to tell the difference with the butt-dyno, but if you record the values, you can prove the stock TB is / isn't restricting flow. I'd like to see what you come up with for arguments sake. check the atmospeheric pressure before both runs though as it can change pretty drastically even in an hour.

11.92 @ 122.69 MPH Rotrex Blower / Intercooled / Water-Meth / 100% Daily Driver / 381 WHP

Thursday, October 15, 2009 7:43 PM
Hey newt I have GM Performance long tube intake manifold and 75mm LS1 TB, I wonder how does it compare to what you have?
Also, how much more fuel did the intake manni and the TB require over stock??
I do also have the 36lbs injecotrs too but not running now.

Right now with the intake and the TB at 4000 rpm the car falls flat on its face as if it leans out?? Is it leaning out with these mods and no injecotr upgrade? You can tell me.

What is the story with the Grand Am lower controls are they bolt ons what year Grand Am?? What about the polyurathane bushings can we use them on those arms, I don't have the stock ones?

What year LE5 intake and TB and what car is this in?? Not up with the new motors.

Thanks

Best time:"""11.946""" @ 114.73 mph @17psi 1.83--60"
11 second daily driver!!!!
Race Related 727-561-9440
Shop of choice for your 11 second J body!

Also, built bottom end and or top end LSJ and L61's available.
13's ----12's ----11's ----10's

Friday, October 16, 2009 11:30 AM
SunCavi - Check your PM's

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search