some dirt track racing for your amusement - Racing Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
some dirt track racing for your amusement
Wednesday, December 30, 2009 6:38 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCPTqhOziXA
yeah i got beat by a Prelude.... lol still trying to get my A feature win up on youtube.
you can see it if you add me on facebook. (possibly)
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=536705530#/profile.php?ref=profile&id=536705530

1999 2.4L w/ nitrous

Re: some dirt track racing for your amusement
Friday, January 01, 2010 5:14 AM
I watched both, good job!

The heat race, it looked like you had the better car in 3 & 4, but he seemed to get you in 1 & 2. The chassis seem to roll over and take a good set on the rights. Keep you best tires on that side and you should keep doing well.

I like how you diamond-ed off the turns for the set-up for the pass in the feature race. At fist you looked loose, but you shot off the corner pretty well to get beside the leader. Nice job on the win.

Saturday, January 02, 2010 6:56 PM
yeah every race i get new tires haha
i guess thats what got me a National Championship Title...lol
the guy with the prelude we play rock, paper, sissors to see who wants to win that night and what not lol

1999 2.4L w/ nitrous
Saturday, January 02, 2010 8:59 PM

Good stuff man

JGM T-SHIRTS!!!!

In Loving Memory of Phil Martin December 14 2005
Alexis: Dustin, you're ghey, lol. I am better. I have tits, and tits rule all.

Sunday, January 03, 2010 8:37 PM
And you probably spent half as much as the guy running the Prelude. I have yet to see a vtec prelude for less than $1500. Are you running the 95 2.3 or did you swap for an older one?
Monday, January 04, 2010 2:34 AM
His profile says he's running the 2.2L LN2.

There are a few on here that run the LN2 with good results, in various classes.

Tuesday, January 05, 2010 8:20 PM
the prelude is a non vtec cuz in IMCA its illegal to run one, but i have a little over 1600 in my car including cage, sheet metal, car, and other stuff i needed, not including alll the rear hubs and tires ive gone thru
if anyone needs tips on how to set up your suspension to handle better and take you to the checkered flag pm me. more then welcome to help out another person who runs a jbody on the track!

1999 2.4L w/ nitrous
Thursday, January 07, 2010 7:14 PM
I see forgot the Non-Vtec IMCA rule. Where we run the hornets are non-Imca sanctioned. We have a 99 Cavy 2200 5spd that we might run as a backup car. We have a DOHC Saturn 5spd thats pretty fast, if it's running right our only competition is another Saturn. Next year we might build a auto Saturn DOHC. I ideally want to find a 95 Z24 and swap to the older 2.3. We ran a 95 GA 2.3 DOHC auto and could never get it geared right and it finally blew up and we sold it. The 2.2 Cavy's are fast it's funny watching guys throw money at the Probes and Hondas and Neons to try to beat the Cavaliers. I bet half the 15 to 20 Cars are cavys/Sunfires. I drove a slow 92 2.2 auto and made tech a few nights top 4. We couldn't ever find the right tire/ gear ratio there either but it was my first car. It made it 3 1/2 years before it finally blew up and had 200,xxx thousand miles. Great little cars. Seen a z-24 break the passenger rear and flip bad, will definitely check into the upgrade next time we build a cavy.
Friday, January 08, 2010 3:14 AM
Thanks for the amusement Z24. There are some die hard racers in my neck of the woods that never put their cars away. Browse GSPvideo and watch the preview clips for Sundance Jan. 2. Some of these guys drove three hours to get to the track, and race with me on the dirt in the warmer weather. It's a paved track under the ice and snow.

Kenny "Poppop" Brown

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search