street racing - Page 2 - Racing Forum

This thread is locked.
For more information about why this thread might have been locked, please read the rules.
Re: street racing
Thursday, February 04, 2010 5:02 PM
I wont go that far...

Honestly, who here has never done it? never beat some one though and intersection? By the law that's street racing.

NOW, as far as what MD said, right on the money (no pun..) I've lost my license and lost a lot of money too... was it fun, sh!t ya, did i learn from it, hel! yes.

But to make a felony out of the last part of American Graffiti? No.

Chris

'02 Z-24 Supercharged
13.7 @102.45 MPH Third Place, 2007 GMSC Bash SOLD AS OF 01MAR08

Friday, February 05, 2010 5:52 AM
Kid, you picked the wrong forum to mention street racing.

Myself, I don't think it's that bad under certain conditions but most people on here might as well be state troopers the way they hump the law books.

But, you're young and I used to do the same thing as you. I quit once I realized how dumb I was being and grew up a little. Hopefully the same happens to you before you get hurt or hurt someone else.

Friday, February 05, 2010 7:29 AM
Please.Die.In.A.Fire

fggt

Friday, February 05, 2010 9:30 PM
Alot of people here have their own reasons why they are against street racing, some just want to follow the forum rules, others have more personal reasons. My brothers best friend and his fiancee were killed when they were t-boned by a car that went through a redlight. They were rushed to emergency and died a few days later. The two people in the other car were well enough to flee the scene. The car ended up being stolen so the police had no idea who had hit them. The passenger ended up turning himself in (and identifying the driver) once he saw how bad the accident was on the news (the car they hit was torn right in half, and car parts had managed to hit a lightpost about 6ft above the ground to give you an idea...). I used to remember what the investigators had estimated the car was traveling at, but I don't want to guess and sound like I am making everything up, but it was rediciulous, espicially because it happened on 50km city streets. I was stunned that the passengers in the speeding car survived, let alone were able to flee the scene. Unfortunetely they weren't the ones that deserved to live.

don't be a douchbag and put other people's lives in danger.

Help support the JBO! CLICK HERE!
Saturday, February 06, 2010 10:56 AM
Taetsch Z-24 wrote:

But to make a felony out of the last part of American Graffiti? No.

Chris

Yes sir, last I checked, it was felonious to engage in a speed contest in the commonwealth of virginia.
Saturday, February 06, 2010 12:04 PM
Really?

WOW, no race tracks in good-ol VA?

I would move.

Chris

'02 Z-24 Supercharged

Tuesday, February 09, 2010 5:23 PM
Plenty of race tracks, they just don't like idiots (like me in my younger days) doing stupid stuff on the street. As far as I know it was a recent law. As for tracks, I live about 4 miles from an eighth mile drag strip with a 1/3rd mile oval (I think). Eastside Speedway to be exact, with Natural Bridge speedway a little farther south. If you really want to get crazy, Virginia International Raceway is about 2 or 3 hours away. And I have considered moving, believe me. I'm not trying to be an ass, so please forgive me.
Tuesday, February 09, 2010 8:08 PM
VIR is about 1 hr 30 min from me

but yeah Virginia is Epic Strict....

Time to lock this @!#$ up!

Tuesday, February 09, 2010 8:39 PM
I'm honestly surprised it hasn't been deleted/locked already.
Wednesday, February 10, 2010 5:40 PM
Oh, no I did not think that,
But that kind of punishment for the crime.........

IMO not fitting.

Why would it get closed?

Chris

'02 Z-24 Supercharged

Wednesday, February 10, 2010 11:34 PM
silly ricers.... racing near stock FWD cars.
was the honda teasing you with a big spoiler. so you had to race, or you wouldn't be "cool"?

yes i am that bored right now

i am gone from this forum

Wednesday, February 10, 2010 11:49 PM
I love playing with idiots like you, ill sit at a red light and rev my engine, get u all geared to go, and then when it turns green i just pull away slowly, and watch u bolt off and get pulled over 100 yds later (seen it happen... @!#$ hilarious!). Nothing is more entertaining than someone givin'er off the line, grinding a few gears cuz they cant drive, and then realizing theyre not racing anyone haha

Thursday, February 11, 2010 3:24 PM
you guys do realize he's not posting anymore right....?

Thursday, February 11, 2010 4:48 PM
1) street racing is against forum rules ---- so it should be locked
2) the OP is no longer posting probably too embarrassed and is now running damage control by laying low (which is a smart move although provides us with no entertainment. --- so it should be locked for that too

Thursday, February 11, 2010 4:53 PM
possible early contender for DBOTY 2010?

Also.... i was born in 85 too, and im 24. Does this guy think we cant see his profile or is he just that dumb?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Thursday, February 11, 2010 4:59 PM

---

Thursday, February 11, 2010 4:57 PM
Shawn R wrote:i bet u sit there and race people on the streets all the time...

how can we sit here and being racing at the same time?

This thread is locked.
For more information about why this thread might have been locked, please read the rules.

Start New Topic Advanced Search