1997 Cavalier Z24 - Racing Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
1997 Cavalier Z24
Sunday, February 07, 2010 5:46 AM
Need some help everyone. I bought a 97 Z24 to build in to a circle track car. When I got it the previous owner had already started gutting the car. After a lot of work got to the engine. My problem is when you start the engine it runs for a couple of seconds then it appears the injectors get a signal to stop. The ignition switch is gone along with the passlock system. The injectors are getting a signal to stop just like would happen with the passlock. Is this is what is doing it and if so how in the world can I get the thing to start and keep running. Thanks in advance. all advice will be greatly appreciated.

Gerry

Re: 1997 Cavalier Z24
Sunday, February 07, 2010 6:03 PM
This happened to me when building my first car. Make sure all your grounds are grounded. For me it ended up there are 2 grounds on top of the steering column that I had taken off not thinking anything about it. After looking the car all over I thought I would try grounding those wires like they were and thats all it was. If not that I could be a wire had been cut if they weren't careful when gutting it. Good luck
Re: 1997 Cavalier Z24
Sunday, February 07, 2010 11:05 PM
Theft Detrerrant system i think it can be turned of wiht HP tuners....Or put key cluster and key cylkinder back in

bc97cavalier
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search