circle track - Racing Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
circle track
Tuesday, March 30, 2010 7:46 PM
I'm getting ready to build my first ucar. I have a 92 cav 2.0 that im bulding, Ihave some exp racing but this is my first fwd for ovals. Is there anything you guys suggest I do to it while its in the build phase. The rules are that it has to be pretty much stock allthough we all know stock is in the eye of the beholder. the car will be run on a handfull of asphalt tracks in nc mostly 3/8s -4/10s. any tips would be appreciated.

Re: circle track
Saturday, April 03, 2010 1:53 AM
Are you sure its a 2.0 or is it a 2.2? Im almost 100% sure if its a cavalier and a 92 it should be a 2.2, I have a 91 cavalier and it is a 2.2. I think you can swap the head for a 94 or 95 2.2 and see a quick horsepower gain. IIRC you dont have to mess with the wiring, to swap the head. There also a post on here about a 2.2/2200 hybrid that has high compression if they don't tech very good. Also look into upgrading the passenger rear hub the bearings break and do nasty things.
Tuesday, April 06, 2010 12:42 PM
Andrew, you mentioned upgrading the rear hub bearings. I asked on another thread, but got no response. How do you upgrade this? I have had to replace several in a short period of time last year and don't want to go through that again. Suggestions??

Thanks.
Thursday, April 08, 2010 7:14 PM
Go to a farm and fleet type store and buy a 3500 boat trailer hub and spindle. Press bearing out and install spindle and weld it in. Works great. Bearings are now only $5.00 and only replace to give me piece of mind. Have never wore one out.
Friday, April 09, 2010 10:22 AM
ls2 do you have more info on this? maybe some pics?
Friday, April 09, 2010 5:35 PM
We have 4 jbodies we run out of my shop. All are done up like this. I will try to get some pics. But basicly take one of your old hub assy that is wore out and press apart so all you have is the mounting flange. Farm stores sell a 3500 lb trailer hub and spindle for about $40. This spindle will fit right in opening on flange were old bearing was. Now weld it front and back. You can also adjust the camber as well as toe to your liking before welding.

2009 Hornet nationals winner and runner up came from my shop.
Tuesday, April 13, 2010 4:21 AM
Here is a link to the trailer hub (I think).
Your text to link here...
Tuesday, April 13, 2010 4:22 AM

Tuesday, April 13, 2010 11:21 AM
so after taking out the bearing, the back part of this trailer hub will fit into the hole on the bracket and just weld that into place?? Do they make them in the same bolt pattern so I can use the same rear wheels.
Tuesday, April 13, 2010 12:40 PM
I run a fwd monte carlo or impala wheel. Yes that is the hub we run. Just get spindle to go with it.
Wednesday, April 14, 2010 6:51 PM
What size spindle? 1 3/8"?

Thanks for the help here....

Wednesday, April 14, 2010 7:04 PM
There are 2 sizes. Get the larger one. Rated 3500 lbs
Thursday, April 15, 2010 4:31 AM
So you don't have the emergency or drum breaks hooked up?
Thursday, April 15, 2010 3:07 PM
No right rear brake. Don't need it
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search