Street racing in California (Consequences) - Racing Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Street racing in California (Consequences)
Thursday, May 13, 2010 2:14 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zadq9usA2SQ&feature=player_embedded#!

Have not been on here in a while so i am nos sure if this has been posted.

2004 Grand Prix GTP (Competition Group)
SOLD-->1999 Z24 5M-#30 to register on JBO
"You can please some of the people some of the time but you can't please all the people'
all the time

Re: Street racing in California (Consequences)
Thursday, May 13, 2010 2:23 PM
I have seen this.

This needs to happen to all people who street race.

:EDIT: I love how it just picks the radiator right out of the first one.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Thursday, May 13, 2010 2:28 PM

Sunday, May 23, 2010 6:59 PM
well now... such an effective way to pull the drivetrain! fastest K series swap in the west!

Anything worth doing is worth over doing.
Sunday, May 23, 2010 7:48 PM
A lot of people whined and complained about this stuff when I lived out in California. IMHO its deserved. Get caught street racing you go to jail and your car is crushed. It not only hurts the individual with the fines and jail time but is a double whammy to his pocket book since he would have to rebuild another car. This makes an example for street racers of what happens when you are caught. All it will do is keep those honest individuals from doing it again.

I love how many people complain about tracks closing down. There are numerous reasons for tracks closing down and one of those being a lack of support from local people. Quit complaining people and get your cars on to the damn tracks to help save them.

I was lucky when I lived out there that my cavalier was not impounded and possibly crushed. I was not street racing but was running way over the speed limit (close to 90 mph in a 55 give me flack if you want people but I have learned from my past mistakes and that is what matters) due to the fact that the idiot I car pooled with to Ft Irwin woke up late. Just trying to make up time where I could and going downhill I speed up faster than I thought and was caught. I saw the CHP fly by me I pulled over asap and waited for the officers to arrive. Those were my younger days in life and have since learned from that. Plus a 400 dollar speeding ticket will make you slow down really quickly!
Sunday, May 23, 2010 7:51 PM
I think this is a stupid way to deal with this. I think they could sell some parts off the cars (wheels, kits), and male the car daily's to sale and make mony to fight street racing.

FU Tuning

Monday, May 24, 2010 5:13 AM
I agree with john, give they money back to the people what a waste at least strip it,

Also i like how its mostly imports....

Mods: Synapse Charge Piping, Short Throw, Bad-Mab Dp, Dejon Intake, BYT Tuned!
Parts For SALE! Pacesetter Header(ECO),17'in Resonator, Alternator, Starter, Viper Alarm.
Monday, May 24, 2010 5:52 AM
From what I recall about these cars...It was found that they contained engines or transmissions from stolen vehicles.

Monday, May 24, 2010 9:32 AM
I don't think street racing is a good idea, but this is not necessary. I mean, even if they are stolen, they could at least part them out. Do the people who drive the cars even serve jail time? It is almost like putting the gun in jail after YOU shot someone. Doesn't make any sense.
Tuesday, May 25, 2010 10:53 AM
You cant part out and sell stolen parts. Also the police are not going to waste their time doing all that work for no real profit. Its quicker, cheaper, and probably more effective to just crush them.

Im not sure the wording on the law out there in regards to this but if it says that your car will be crushed if it is found to have stolen parts in it, then you cant bitch about them crushing cars with stolen parts in them.

Im sure that street racing out there is like here. Huge fine, some points, and possibly jail time if caught enough times or traveling at a high enough speed. If you throw everyone in jail for street racing you will have some major issues. Im sure that some of the cars found with stolen engines or transmissions were owned by people that just thought they were getting one hell of a deal on the parts. There are still stupid people out there that dont know a scam when they see it. All they see is two engines and one is half the cost of the other one.

Thursday, May 27, 2010 7:27 PM
Also, don't forget that in California pretty much any mod is illegal nowadays. So for them to, say, sell the turbo kit you see at the end, they would just be putting "illegal" parts back into circulation there. Most things we do to our cars could potentially make them more dangerous, less efficient, whatever...

fortune cookie say: better a delay than a disaster
Saturday, May 29, 2010 12:29 AM
we need to hire guys like that at auto wreckers, fastest way to pull parts lol, but glad to see them cleaning the streets of the imports, just sad to see all that money waisted, it probably costs more to crush those cars that way then to make drivers compete in demolition derby hehe, sorry seems like better and more environmental way to do things

"As I lay rubber down the street, I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide, please dear God protect my ride." -Amen

Saturday, May 29, 2010 8:37 AM
AJ B wrote:we need to hire guys like that at auto wreckers, fastest way to pull parts lol, but glad to see them cleaning the streets of the imports, just sad to see all that money waisted, it probably costs more to crush those cars that way then to make drivers compete in demolition derby hehe, sorry seems like better and more environmental way to do things
Honda Civic + demolition derby = death wish, lol.

fortune cookie say: better a delay than a disaster
Saturday, May 29, 2010 10:06 PM
its ok they were stupid enough to street race, we could clean the garbage and dumb drivers in one

"As I lay rubber down the street, I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide, please dear God protect my ride." -Amen
Monday, June 07, 2010 8:36 PM
yeah thats really smart to fill up jails with street racers and pot smokers, when the rapists and meth heads, out here abducting children or selling some chemical @!#$ to a teenager.
/rant
Monday, June 07, 2010 8:45 PM
302killercav wrote:yeah thats really smart to fill up jails with street racers and pot smokers, when the rapists and meth heads, out here abducting children or selling some chemical @!#$ to a teenager.
/rant

I really think you missed the whole point of this thread.....

Wednesday, August 18, 2010 6:00 PM
This is just the fruits in Cali doing their part. Once again the government going to far. I don't care for people racing around me at all, but you don't destroy their personal property, period.

Why don't they just do this with anyone that gets a ticket for reckless driving? Would they do this to a Ferrari or some expensive car that was caught?

If it was stolen property (such as the engine/trans) I could see something along these lines, such as if the original owner had already been paid off by the insurance and the insurance company wanted in on this.

Pontiac Fiero powered by L61/LE5 Ecotec "Innovation is a new level of performance"
Sunday, August 22, 2010 11:56 AM
The guy running that claw is a surgeon; kudos.

"In Oldskool we trust"
Wednesday, August 25, 2010 10:32 PM
too bad it wasn't a Cavalier or Sunfire in there> I would've cheered.

-Trailblazer SS - not so custom 6.0L - custom intake - custom tune
- (1) 2.4L on an engine stand (1) blown trans (2) good quad trans (1) eco trans = party

Thursday, August 26, 2010 12:04 PM
Well not to mention another reason they dont part it out is bcz maybe your friend knows your car is going there and you tell him to go buy your parts back they just crush it so you have to spend a bunch more money if you are going to do it again, really
I dont think id chance it twice.
Monday, October 04, 2010 5:52 PM
I was watching a news cast about the street racing scene in Ontario, CA and one thing i saw that was a little ridiculous was they pulled over a civic that wasn't speeding, racing etc. Because he had a sticker that said he was basically a street racer and they impounded his car. Though i'm not sure in california, is having like, a custom exhaust and engine, etc. illegal?

2002 2200sfi 5-speed.
Monday, October 04, 2010 6:01 PM
In most states by law changing from an OEM to an aftermarket is illegal but it is not enforced. Althought not enforced in most states if your headlight are below 22" it is illegal. There are a lot of illegal things we do to our car but most police don't bother or don't have a clue.

"You can please some of the people some of the time but you can't please all the people'
all the time

Monday, October 04, 2010 6:35 PM
ok, in New Brunswick, Canada, this is probably the province with the least vehicle laws in Canada. And you say in most states it's illegal to have headlights lower than 22", i know mine are less than 2' but i don't know the exact height. I realize 2' isn't 22" just so people don't start yelling at me.

2002 2200sfi 5-speed.
Monday, October 04, 2010 7:25 PM
You will be fine. There was an article in Super Street 8 years ago that listed all the mod we do and how they are illegal some were quite shocking. Some even like putting and engine from a HO engine in a new car in some state is illegal. If cops really wanted to be dicks and knew the law about 80-90% of turners would be getting tickets daily and would beforced to go back to stock parts. That is why some after market muffler use the selling point of their muffler being under a certain dB level. California is one state that enforces most of these laws. Most turbos people put on the car are not EPA compliant and would fail any smog test. Lucky some people don't live in certain state.

all the time

Wednesday, October 06, 2010 5:22 PM
Sorry Turbo's do not cause a car to fial smog emission's. Proper exhaust, and proper tuning does.

FU Tuning

Thursday, October 07, 2010 9:57 AM
Not sure what state you are in but in some states unless it came on the car it is illegal. In some places they are fine but some place if you have a turbo they may ask for the CARB approval or emission or EPA approval. Granted most cops will not ask you what is under the hood. In my state technically by law changing your OEM muffler to an aftermarket is illegal. I live in the south and you can imagine big trucks with mufflers.

all the time

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search