will my car hit high 14s? - Racing Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
will my car hit high 14s?
Monday, April 05, 2010 3:33 PM
im workin on heading to the strip this summer but i just want a guesstimate on my 1/4 mile time. i have a magnaflow catback, venom 400, apc intake and a b&m shift plus, i was just wondering if i would beable to hit atleast 14.9, im very sure i can hit low 15s but i dont wanna get my hopes up then make a few passes and my car runs close to stock times.

Re: will my car hit high 14s?
Monday, April 05, 2010 3:42 PM
I'm not all too familiar with the auto j's but one tip I can help you with is to loose that Venom 400. It will just make you lose fuel economy by making the car run richer. I wouldn't bother with the shift plus either, as You can just have someone tune the car with HP Tuners and they can change anything you want via the factory pcm.

Monday, April 05, 2010 4:12 PM
Yeah, venom just throws more gas at the engine, not really a good thing in this case.
But I would say keep the shiftplus, UNTIL you have a real need for a tune.
As for the times... not sure, but it doesn't hurt to go out and try. I'm sure with some weight removal you could do JUST hit 14's

Monday, April 05, 2010 5:41 PM
i had the venom 400 i actually ran a lil faster with out it

8 psi with m62 and IAT under 100
Monday, April 05, 2010 6:45 PM
you are not going to hit 14's on those mods.

FU Tuning

Tuesday, April 06, 2010 1:19 PM
you might hit high 15s but thats it

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Tuesday, April 06, 2010 3:22 PM
Yep, sorry buddy, even tuned you won't hit it! I would say 150 whp with suspension mods and good performance tires would get you there( Control arm bushings, shocks, engine mounts even). Anyone know what whp would be a good guess?

"FRIENDS DON'T LET FRIENDS DRIVE STOCK"

Friday, April 09, 2010 11:49 PM
14s.... not likely unless you have a factory freak. as everyone above said the venom 400 is a waste. see if you can sell it and use the money for better mods.

if you have nice cool weather id say mid 15's

Eat my shift
Saturday, April 10, 2010 1:55 AM
My best was 15.4054 @ 87.92... auto with a lot more mods than you have. Mid 15's is about all you will see.

Sunday, April 18, 2010 6:34 PM
auto's are just pig slow, even with lots of mods...

i only know of one auto that made it into the 14's all motor. the smg DRAG CAR.

All I want... is a little of the good life
Sunday, April 18, 2010 6:37 PM
double post.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Sunday, April 18, 2010 6:37 PM

All I want... is a little of the good life

Friday, June 25, 2010 5:27 PM
I have a factory freak. 15.1 stock lol. 5 speed though in a lss

Friday, June 25, 2010 5:36 PM
venom400 is junk and does nothing, sell it to some other sucker.

eco auto will hit into the 15s (or very very close), but 14s? no way.. not without way more mods.

Saturday, June 26, 2010 5:05 PM
what about my car with an auto? can i hit 14s?

-Ben
Saturday, June 26, 2010 8:22 PM
^Dunno Ben, try it!!!

Currently #4 in Ecotec Forced Induction horsepower ratings. 505.8 WHP 414WTQ!!!
Currently 3rd quickest Ecotec on the .org - 10.949 @ 131.50 MPH!!!

Saturday, June 26, 2010 11:17 PM
Ben Wenzel Jr wrote:what about my car with an auto? can i hit 14s?

-Ben

look out, here comes ben thread jacking yet again...

Sunday, June 27, 2010 5:00 AM
Hey Hey be nice

i was askin an honest question JK

carry on . . .

-Ben
Sunday, June 27, 2010 1:55 PM
dammit ben we all know ur car is gonna run 2s stfu lol

btw i got the video text... car sounds good man, cant wait to see it

Friday, July 02, 2010 3:56 PM
Mid 15's with many mods on my LD9 auto tranny Cavy.
I'm hoping that with the HPtune, weight reduction, and new exhaust that I'll be hitting the low 15's to be one of the few to have done so with a n/a auto Cavy.
No cams or internal work on the engine yet so hopefully it becomes reality before I go to install the M45.
Oh and I was still running 15.6's with 190,000 miles on the engine so that should be some good news for those with newer engines/ trannies.

Low 15's are quite common with the stick Cavies with the LD9 and are usually about a half a second quicker than a comparably equipped car with auto trans.

Good luck man and supercharge that bad boy to hit the 14's.

Misnblu.com
Newbie member since 1999
Thank you Dave and JBO!

Saturday, July 03, 2010 3:49 AM
wow...i didnt know poeple were still replying to this thread. yea i have a little more knowledge with my car now, im working on getting rid of the venom 400. anyone want to buy it? lol. i want to sell it and buy some headers, so i can add some actual horsepower gains. i do have a quick question though...do the cold air/ram air intakes for a 04 cavalier have a special piece or bend that connects to the throttle body? because im just going to make my own and the TB points straight up and is so damn close to the hood...any suggestions?
Saturday, July 03, 2010 10:25 AM
I've been using the elbow off of an '86 Pontiac, coming off of the airbox that's abs which fits the throttlebody perfect, and 3 inch piping perfect too. It's lasted 10 years now with no problems and flows nicely.
If you've got the Eco engine, you'll have to modify the throttle cable bracket for the elbow to fit but that's a minor thing considering the design of the elbow,.

You can also get some hose couplers to make that elbow too but make sure that you don't get one too tall as it's going to hit the hood. Of course you could also cut the angle you need to keep it off of the hood and still have a perfect fit.
Do some research in some silicon couplers that are 90 degrees. They're out there so you gotta look.
Or, you could hit the junkyard until you actually find that elbow I'm talking about with the v6 engined Pontiacs, Oldsmobiles, etc. Just make sure it's the abs plastic elbow and not the rubber.

Good luck.

Misnblu.com
Newbie member since 1999
Thank you Dave and JBO!

Monday, July 05, 2010 5:17 AM
90° coupler would be your easiest option

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search