handling issue - Racing Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
handling issue
Saturday, July 17, 2010 8:37 AM
we race at a 1/4 mile high bank track. when we go into the turns the car seems to rock back and forth in the front end, like a washboard kinda. I have watched the other cars and they don't seem to have this problem. we are a top 5 car and would like to figure this out. my question: could this be a strut issue, maybe replace with a new one or do I need to run a stiffer spring on the RF. the car rolls over good and I am afraid a stiffer spring may cause a push. we run a low profile front tire and try to run the top of the track. Thanks and i am awaiting some advice.

Re: handling issue
Saturday, July 17, 2010 12:59 PM
Dirt track? Are you running a front sway bar?
Saturday, July 17, 2010 2:14 PM
no sway bar.
Saturday, July 17, 2010 6:24 PM
i would run a factory front sway bar and aftermarket rear. defninately check the struts out. check the toe.. sounds liek the toe may be toed in
Saturday, July 17, 2010 8:17 PM
Yeah going to start by replacing the struts, seems more like a worn out strut issue. then I will try the front sway bar, I have already checked the other posts on the correct procedure with the front sway bar. also will look at the toe. it drives good just wobbly in the middle of the corners.
Sunday, July 18, 2010 3:47 AM
Larry is this a dirt track or pavement?
Sunday, July 18, 2010 8:50 AM
Rich it is a dirt track.
Sunday, July 18, 2010 9:52 AM
check your tie-rods and rack and pinion
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search