official m45 1/4 mile times - Page 5 - Racing Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: official m45 1/4 mile times
Monday, May 31, 2010 5:05 PM
Back from the dead but.... I ran a 14.6 at almost 94 mph. 01 auto Z, mods are in my profile. It was a 90 degree day but didnt log to see iats. Blizzak snow tires with about 30psi in em.

Now I got it this far I will be swapping in my f23 with tg lsd, phenolic spacer, 75 mm tb, m5 meth nozzle, and OS crank. Planning on 13s for the bash.

Forgot this is with my cutout closed, didnt even think to open it at the track, could have run a little faster possibly.

Tuesday, June 01, 2010 10:41 AM
Nice job!

FU Tuning

Tuesday, June 01, 2010 4:49 PM
I know the auto is killing me half track. It takes off great but 3rd gear is just too mediocre. It just doesnt feel like it pulls very much once it hits 3rd.

I think once the getrag goes in I will pick up a couple mph. I am trying to find a decent/ cheap pair of drag radials to throw on, not sure the blizzaks are going to cut it with the new stuff going on.

Wednesday, June 02, 2010 6:10 PM
RedCavalac wrote:I know the auto is killing me half track. It takes off great but 3rd gear is just too mediocre. It just doesnt feel like it pulls very much once it hits 3rd.

I think once the getrag goes in I will pick up a couple mph. I am trying to find a decent/ cheap pair of drag radials to throw on, not sure the blizzaks are going to cut it with the new stuff going on.

My buddy has a 99 auto with a M45. I feel that is is weaker off the line compared to the manual, and usually 3 gear changes gears too fast, which he usually holds in in gear manually.

FU Tuning

Wednesday, June 02, 2010 9:09 PM
It feels fairly strong off the line but my 2.25 60 foot time doesnt agree. Last year in my 95 Z with the 3100/ 5 speed I pulled a 2.16 60 on crappy tires and blown old struts.

I have a good bit of tranny tuning on my auto so it shifts fast and hard but the gearing just isnt there i think.

Thursday, June 03, 2010 7:27 AM
My cav always liked a little wheel spin to get better 60ft times. Have you thought of a high stall converter?

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Thursday, June 03, 2010 8:09 AM
The auto will be coming out soon for a getrag, but it definately doesnt need a stall speed. Before I played with the tire pressure (the guy that put my tires on put almost 40psi in and I didnt know) I could burn them off through 2nd and it was giving me low-mid 15s with 2.5+ 60 foot times. Dropped the pressure down to 28-30ish and it dropped my et by half a second.

Thursday, June 03, 2010 6:50 PM
I think the stall is what is killing the auto's. I launch my manual at 3500, you can't launch a auto like that because of the stall.

FU Tuning

Friday, June 04, 2010 8:29 PM
I did some logging today to check my iats and it appears my meth isnt spraying, thought the hobbs switch was adjusted too high. Lowered it and still nothing so I am gonna have to troubleshoot some more. This also means that all my runs were without meth too, so I could have had better times yet.

Saturday, June 05, 2010 3:58 PM
Norwalk kicks arse huh buddie?I knew that thing had a 14 in it somewhere.
Saturday, June 05, 2010 8:20 PM
Yeah Norwalk is way better than Dragway 42, Im sure with a little more tuning and meth working its got more in it even with the auto. We wont get to see that though, my tranny is gonna get put back together soon and its going in. Next time out we should be looking into the 13s I hope.

Sunday, June 06, 2010 7:14 PM
mitdr774 wrote:That would have been amazing i do believe. The .430s would have been fun to try too. Even with HO cams I had a short 1500 RPM window of fun before the computer shut things down.

My one regret is why I never ran it with the OS crank pulley, AND the 2.6 charger pulley, damn thing riped.

Almost makes me want to do it all over again.... ya know,

LIKE A STEP BY STEP HOW TO RUN 13'S

oh,, its still in my profile of a car that was sold in 08, duh.

yes, this jaring in the ribs is meant to get some of ya off you as s and get it done, 12 sec run with a 2.4 and a GM blower......

GET TO IT!

Chris

'02 Z-24 Supercharged
13.7 @102.45 MPH Third Place, 2007 GMSC Bash SOLD AS OF 01MAR08

Sunday, June 06, 2010 7:30 PM
Taetsch Z-24 wrote:
mitdr774 wrote:That would have been amazing i do believe. The .430s would have been fun to try too. Even with HO cams I had a short 1500 RPM window of fun before the computer shut things down.

My one regret is why I never ran it with the OS crank pulley, AND the 2.6 charger pulley, damn thing riped.

Almost makes me want to do it all over again.... ya know,

LIKE A STEP BY STEP HOW TO RUN 13'S

oh,, its still in my profile of a car that was sold in 08, duh.

yes, this jaring in the ribs is meant to get some of ya off you as s and get it done, 12 sec run with a 2.4 and a GM blower......

GET TO IT!

Chris

Dont worry working on it

FU Tuning

Sunday, June 06, 2010 7:41 PM
^^ working on it. I kinda want to take the car back to the track before I do the tranny swap just to see what it does with the OS crank and auto.

Tonight I put my new crank pulley on and car is strong. When I did my secret cams I noticed the timing chain was stretched a little and I couldnt get the exhaust to quite line up, didnt have time to wait on a chain and put it back together. Vacuum at idle dropped some and it idled a little erratic, thought the cams might be mostly to blame...

Got a chain and put it on tonight when I had the pulley off, exhaust cam lined up perfect and slapped it all back together. Vacuum went back to 20 from the 15 it was at idle. Idle and acceleration is a lot smoother. So my 14.6 run was with no meth and my exhaust cam retarded almost a tooth.

Sunday, June 06, 2010 9:32 PM
Retarded can lead to more high end Tq......

GM once recommended doing a +2 -2 set on LG0's and LD2's...

Lots of books out there that can help with the venture though....

Just please remember though guys,

The Engine was 100 present OE, never had more then an intake and header on\off, stock waterpump...
13.7 with 128K miles on the engine.

Should be easy to beat.

Chris

'02 Z-24 Supercharged
13.7 @102.45 MPH Third Place, 2007 GMSC Bash SOLD AS OF 01MAR08

Sunday, June 06, 2010 9:41 PM
My new cams might have been even more fun with my old motor. Just have to wait for them to get here. To bad a 2.3 wouldnt be able to get much use out of a M45.

Monday, June 07, 2010 3:11 AM
Taetsch Z-24 wrote:Retarded can lead to more high end Tq......

GM once recommended doing a +2 -2 set on LG0's and LD2's...

Lots of books out there that can help with the venture though....

Just please remember though guys,

The Engine was 100 present OE, never had more then an intake and header on\off, stock waterpump...
13.7 with 128K miles on the engine.

Should be easy to beat.

Chris

Well I'm at 120k. Other than cams my motor is internally stock (including water pump). I do have the headers, and a intake. So hopefully by the tiome I hit 128k I can beat your time lol

FU Tuning

Monday, June 07, 2010 6:04 AM
Yeah retarded probably helped up top but car ran kinda crappy down low. Gained back a lot of vacuum at idle and is much smoother now with everything straight up. I may try to get a set of adjustable cam gears for my actual motor build but this car is my daily so smooth is good for now.

My engine is at 143k and I just did water pump when cams went in a month or so ago. Completely stock internally other than that and runs great.

Wednesday, August 11, 2010 8:10 PM
With 123k car made 219.67 whp

FU Tuning

Friday, February 25, 2022 4:47 PM
The forum is so silent I guess no one should get mad that I bump this. 🤷

My 01 z24 that I got to 2500lbs no driver, 2.3 oil pump swap, ebay header custom 3in exhaust, 4:17fdr from a HHR NO TUNE ran a 15.1 at 89mph with a 2.2 60ft. Had a 14.9x in it if I had a drag radial and could leave harder. I've got that pass on video, took out a 03/04 gt mustang that pass. I tried the @!#$ out of her and she couldn't come around me. What she gets for laughing at me in the staging lanes.

Whole thing that got me here was I just picked up another car, going to be a LD9 turbo at end of day but just bought a driveline donor car for my clean one.

M45 kit
Worked over LD9 head with 2mm over valves and w41 cams with 35mm lifters and ho springs
Zex 100 wet shot
Header and full exhaust
Wiesco 9:1 pistons
Eagle h beam rods
Etc.

Car has a bunch more bad ass parts on it I'ma swap over but I'ma keep the m45 on it for now. Get a 2.5 pulley, it already has a MD crank pulley assuming overdrive. And I'ma get to work on the tune and see what I can make happen. I've got the money now unlike before, we opened our own performance shop after years of late nights in the driveway after my day job. So @!#$s going to happen now. I'ma see what I can milk out of this m45 set up, really wish I had 10.5:1 pistons in the short block, I plan on seeing if I can get it in the 12s. I'ma strip the inside of car and do a lot of weight reduction. I will update this spring when tracks open.

I Love My J ♡
Monday, April 04, 2022 3:43 AM

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search