what rpm to launch at? - Page 2 - Racing Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: what rpm to launch at?
Monday, December 13, 2010 12:02 AM
blackbirdracing wrote:
dxdean3 wrote:yeah, that stuff will come in time, im more worried about getting engine and tranny mounts for this coming season, may is coming quick!

I'm on factory mounts...

you must make more power than me if you need them.

Only low hp cars get wheel hop on stock mounts. As soon as the blower went on my wheel hop went away and turned into wheel smoke. I actually dont think I've wheel hopped the car at all since putting the blower on, of course now at any point in first gear if the petal get matted the wheels spin on star specs and on blizzaks.

1994 Saturn SL2 Home Coming Edition: backup car
2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport Coupe: In a Junk Yard
1995 Mazda Miata R-package Class=STR
Sponsored by: Kronos Performance

WPI Class of '12 Mechanical Engineering
WPI SAE Risk and Sustainability Management Officer

Monday, December 13, 2010 6:32 AM
I sadly launk at like 1200...want to be higher but I'm a auto and my brakes won't hold me lol

13.1 @ 115
Monday, December 13, 2010 1:00 PM
Leafy wrote:
blackbirdracing wrote:
dxdean3 wrote:yeah, that stuff will come in time, im more worried about getting engine and tranny mounts for this coming season, may is coming quick!

I'm on factory mounts...

Only low hp cars get wheel hop on stock mounts. As soon as the blower went on my wheel hop went away and turned into wheel smoke. I actually dont think I've wheel hopped the car at all since putting the blower on, of course now at any point in first gear if the petal get matted the wheels spin on star specs and on blizzaks.

launching at 4500 i still get wheel hop... it also deals with how the track is prepped.

Monday, December 13, 2010 1:47 PM
BuiltNBoosted wrote:
Leafy wrote:
blackbirdracing wrote:

I'm on factory mounts...

launching at 4500 i still get wheel hop... it also deals with how the track is prepped.

It has nothing to do with power, it has everything to do with the amount of traction you are getting.

Its driveline/suspension that is the cause of wheel hop, nothing else. Other factors play into the circumstance in which it will happen but ultimately its the car that the main reason.

Tuesday, December 14, 2010 3:54 PM
DJ MIKE BARR wrote:I sadly launk at like 1200...want to be higher but I'm a auto and my brakes won't hold me lol

get a 3000 converter

Wednesday, December 15, 2010 6:59 PM
blucavvy wrote:
DJ MIKE BARR wrote:I sadly launk at like 1200...want to be higher but I'm a auto and my brakes won't hold me lol

get a 3000 converter

yeah that should be fun to DD

Wednesday, December 15, 2010 7:04 PM
blackbirdracing wrote:
blucavvy wrote:

get a 3000 converter

yeah that should be fun to DD

its an auto, it can never be a fun dd.

1994 Saturn SL2 Home Coming Edition: backup car
2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport Coupe: In a Junk Yard
1995 Mazda Miata R-package Class=STR
Sponsored by: Kronos Performance

WPI Class of '12 Mechanical Engineering
WPI SAE Risk and Sustainability Management Officer
Thursday, December 16, 2010 3:48 AM
Ill let u drive it and when u come back with a smile then don't complain

13.1 @ 115
Thursday, December 16, 2010 7:34 PM
would be fun DD a 3000 stall!! is what I meant

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search