Maintaining 1/4 mile honor roll and top WHP threads? - Racing Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Maintaining 1/4 mile honor roll and top WHP threads?
Tuesday, January 18, 2011 6:57 AM
Brad (zyaaaa) brought up the idea to start maintaining these threads again. For example: have the most current lists on page one, verify the accuracy of the lists, and delete replies made prior to current lists revamp.

What are your opinions? Should we maintain or should we let the lists continue as they are.

To contact a moderator, please send a direct message to the moderator account. Please
note you must be logged in to send messages to this account.

Please include a link if you are contacting us regarding a thread.

DO NOT SEND PRIVATE MESSAGES TO THIS ACCOUNT, USE THE LINK ABOVE.

Re: Maintaining 1/4 mile honor roll and top WHP threads?
Tuesday, January 18, 2011 7:16 AM
I would say clean them up and maintain them, it makes a lot of sense.

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Tuesday, January 18, 2011 7:52 AM
IamQwibby (Eco Meatcake) wrote:I would say clean them up and maintain them, it makes a lot of sense.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Tuesday, January 18, 2011 9:17 AM
IamQwibby (Eco Meatcake) wrote:I would say clean them up and maintain them, it makes a lot of sense.

Tuesday, January 18, 2011 9:33 AM
x3

That ECOTEC guy was on the all-motor list for years, till I took it appon myself to take him off, since it was a turbo car!

Definitely could use some more maintance in that list.

Tuesday, January 18, 2011 11:56 AM
i say clean them up. no proof, no time.

Tuesday, January 18, 2011 12:03 PM
well how about we do.... the most current lists will be posted on page one, and everyone has 7 days to contest any time/hp up there... discussions can ensue, we can all make the decision, and from that point on, any new submissions will have to be backed by proof... track slips or dyno sheets.

sound good?

Tuesday, January 18, 2011 5:03 PM
BuiltNBoosted wrote:i say clean them up. no proof, no time.

what about all the old skool members that have been long since retired from our world and really dont care about it anymore? it would be way too big of a feat to track down EVERYBODY.

i say the lists remain intact, people from over every generation around here have helped keep them tried and true. besides... if anyone wasnt trust worthy or didnt have proof they wouldnt have really been allowed to add in anyway.

kyle, i say leave pretty much everything in them TO DATE but from now on moderate them closely for trouble etc.

i have tried to keep them maintained but its not the easiest thing in the world, especially when people start to cry that you are doing it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Tuesday, January 18, 2011 5:05 PM

If it takes forever.... I will die trying. Underdog Racing
Tuesday, January 18, 2011 7:16 PM
I say don't limit the amount, let everyone be able to put there name and numbers down. See where we stand with each other.

13.3 @ 106 mph Cammed
Tuesday, January 18, 2011 7:27 PM
(Tom) S/C Fire wrote:I say don't limit the amount, let everyone be able to put there name and numbers down. See where we stand with each other.

i like this idea but there has to be proof from everyone

Sig thanks to bxmobkrazey on gmscf.com
Tuesday, January 18, 2011 10:21 PM
Is the other thread still alive? I liked looking at the other thread too. I mean I can see it being pulled from sticky but doesnt need to be deleted..... just my opinion...

was a way for me to find some profiles faster as well.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Tuesday, January 18, 2011 10:22 PM

Wednesday, January 19, 2011 3:55 AM
all the posts have been purged out of the thread

Thursday, January 20, 2011 7:31 AM
have a discussion thread (non sticky) and top whp & 1/4 mile sticky

this is the start of my signature: have you read the RULES yet?
my carDomain updated 6/11/10 Forged and Supercharged

Friday, January 21, 2011 5:57 PM
I think the old times should be kept, but I do not think we should have a list of a 100 times for just LN2 n/a.

I do think it should be moderated.

FU Tuning

Saturday, January 22, 2011 1:39 PM
why not keep the old members, they pioneered the stuff that we did to our cars and should be recognized for their contributions and have people add the the list, to remove a pioneer thats like replacing the history of the sit, but top ten? there should be atleast a top 15 there are alot of members here, and there are alot that might not put up the times some of us have, yes I know Im on the list but so many people deserve the mention Brad did have a top 15 like an honorable mention list. Its nice to see how we compair and where we need improvement. For example look at Karo times, some of us want to beat it, so why remove it?

"As I lay rubber down the street, I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide, please dear God protect my ride." -Amen
Saturday, January 22, 2011 5:44 PM
AJ B wrote:why not keep the old members, they pioneered the stuff that we did to our cars and should be recognized for their contributions and have people add the the list, to remove a pioneer thats like replacing the history of the sit, but top ten? there should be atleast a top 15 there are alot of members here, and there are alot that might not put up the times some of us have, yes I know Im on the list but so many people deserve the mention Brad did have a top 15 like an honorable mention list. Its nice to see how we compair and where we need improvement. For example look at Karo times, some of us want to beat it, so why remove it?

X2
Sunday, January 23, 2011 6:12 AM
were up to 15 now... and with a max of 20 for those who get bumped out...

i have no plans to remove anyone from the list (unless it gets proven that their time is fake, or if they fall under position 20)... those are the times to beat.

my intent is to keep the updated list on page 1 and to moderate new submissions to make sure they follow under the rules.... if you guys want to have a discussion thread, post it here in this thread, as i'll be removing replies to the stickys once they lose relevance. Also i do like to hear your ideas and discussions of them therein. i'll throw ideas on the table as well... its up to you guys as a whole to make the decisions of where we want these threads to go...

i'll eventually get to the WHP thread... being as i have to delete one post at a time, or make a whole new thread... when i get time i'll figure out the best way to set that up

Wednesday, January 26, 2011 8:12 AM
well they both should be stickys either way give people an idea, and have few people in charge of keeping it up to date, since sometimes falls FAR behind lol

"As I lay rubber down the street, I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide, please dear God protect my ride." -Amen
Tuesday, March 08, 2011 7:30 PM
even though i have been out of racing for a few years now, i think you could reset it every year, so everyone "has" a chance to move up the list, that way inactive people are off the list ? and mayvbe have a arcive list ya know from years past ?

ya that means mee too

ill just have to get the red rocket back together and go 12s and stfu

see ya soon
-Ben
Tuesday, March 08, 2011 8:29 PM
ben i double dog dare you to put the red rocket back together.

If it takes forever.... I will die trying. Underdog Racing
Wednesday, March 09, 2011 9:20 AM
I would like to see the Wen Benzel machine.

Monday, March 14, 2011 8:29 PM
do an all time list so some of the long gonr or retired cars get their respect and do a currently running list, thats my opinion.

mike

i make neons and j-bodys go fast

Monday, March 14, 2011 8:39 PM
I say keep the one list, expanded to top 20. If people aren't on the list because they got knocked off.... well, that should be motivaion to step up their game.

Currently #4 in Ecotec Forced Induction horsepower ratings. 505.8 WHP 414WTQ!!!
Currently 3rd quickest Ecotec on the .org - 10.949 @ 131.50 MPH!!!

Saturday, March 19, 2011 9:11 PM
Roofy wrote:I say keep the one list, expanded to top 20. If people aren't on the list because they got knocked off.... well, that should be motivaion to step up their game.
im with this... the list wasn't made for what cars are running now, it was made as an accomplishment for how high the car got (or low ... depending on the thread) Current builders should try to best the builders of the past, as well as other people currently building

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search