Top Speed? - Page 4 - Racing Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Top Speed?
Wednesday, March 02, 2011 5:25 PM
blucavvy wrote:

Screaming for Mercy!! wrote:

Quote:

those red and blue lights are there so that they don't have to clean up the mess you leave when your car collides with something going that fast.



yeah ok.


yeah ok what?

let's even put aside the fact that the cops probably didn't pull him over because they were concerned with his safety. still, so what? he was beyond speeding, and reckless driving combined at that point. if there were cops around that means that he wasn't on some deserted road where he knew there weren't any innocent bistander's or anything. probly not on a regulated track since a cop pulled him over...........so what? he got pulled over for good reason, i'm fine with people driving "spirited", but what he was doing is just plain stupid. he deserved to get pulled over, and at those speeds on public roads, i'm all for taking his license at that point.

the cops weren't the bad guys in that picture. he was.


I never said he did not deserved to get pulled over. He did. I also never said the cops were the bad guys.

Your reason in the red and blue lights on top of the car is what I commented on.



FU Tuning




Re: Top Speed?
Thursday, March 03, 2011 9:20 AM
This has gotten way out of hand....

/Thread





Re: Top Speed?
Thursday, March 03, 2011 9:38 AM
/thread because youve been proven wrong?



Re: Top Speed?
Thursday, March 03, 2011 11:29 AM
wrong of what? i wanted to know top speed without limiter



Re: Top Speed?
Tuesday, March 08, 2011 3:05 PM
95LsCoupe wrote:

wrong of what? i wanted to know top speed without limiter
mine 123 up hill via hp tuners


see ya!

Re: Top Speed?
Wednesday, May 25, 2011 3:42 PM
Totally sorry for reviving this thread- but


SERIOUSLY, JBO?

We had FOUR pages about THIS?
I just wanted to let you all know that i am SO proud to be part of this community.
I love you guys.



Re: Top Speed?
Wednesday, May 25, 2011 4:20 PM
jamie fix wrote:

Totally sorry for reviving this thread- but


SERIOUSLY, JBO?

We had FOUR pages about THIS?
I just wanted to let you all know that i am SO proud to be part of this community.
I love you guys.


i enjoy the fact that he /thread right after someone called him out on faking his top speed with a differnt car

i really hope this guy just leaves the forum all together




^this is also another reason me make fun of you
Re: Top Speed?
Wednesday, May 25, 2011 7:04 PM
u kiddin wrote:

jamie fix wrote:

Totally sorry for reviving this thread- but


SERIOUSLY, JBO?

We had FOUR pages about THIS?
I just wanted to let you all know that i am SO proud to be part of this community.
I love you guys.


i enjoy the fact that he /thread right after someone called him out on faking his top speed with a differnt car

i really hope this guy just leaves the forum all together




^this is also another reason me make fun of you



Me?




Re: Top Speed?
Wednesday, May 25, 2011 7:24 PM
jamie fix wrote:

u kiddin wrote:

jamie fix wrote:

Totally sorry for reviving this thread- but


SERIOUSLY, JBO?

We had FOUR pages about THIS?
I just wanted to let you all know that i am SO proud to be part of this community.
I love you guys.


i enjoy the fact that he /thread right after someone called him out on faking his top speed with a differnt car

i really hope this guy just leaves the forum all together




^this is also another reason me make fun of you


no i got no beef with you. just the wangsta fa ggot


Me?

Re: Top Speed?
Wednesday, May 25, 2011 7:31 PM
u kiddin wrote:

jamie fix wrote:

u kiddin wrote:

jamie fix wrote:

Totally sorry for reviving this thread- but


SERIOUSLY, JBO?

We had FOUR pages about THIS?
I just wanted to let you all know that i am SO proud to be part of this community.
I love you guys.


i enjoy the fact that he /thread right after someone called him out on faking his top speed with a differnt car

i really hope this guy just leaves the forum all together




^this is also another reason me make fun of you


no i got no beef with you. just the wangsta fa ggot


Me?


Truth.



Re: Top Speed?
Wednesday, May 25, 2011 10:51 PM
Glad you have to bump a thread to voice your disdain for this place. Usually if I hate somewhere I leave.




Re: Top Speed?
Sunday, July 03, 2011 11:09 PM
why 95lscoupe still apart of this site? never you post ever has any point to it or your posting about dumb sh*t.

and yes im reviving an old thread because i dont like him





Re: Top Speed?
Monday, July 04, 2011 2:36 AM
HardcoreXSunfire wrote:

why 95lscoupe still apart of this site? never you post ever has any point to it or your posting about dumb sh*t.

and yes im reviving an old thread because i dont like him


your very dedicated about not liking him...


Cheers!!!!












Re: Top Speed?
Tuesday, July 05, 2011 1:35 PM
In response to the OPs question.. Back in 2004 I had the dumb idea of testing my cavy beyond the limiter so it turned out my 96 2.2OHV 5 speed sedan was able to do well over 120mph, my car has no tach so I cant tell u what rpm it was at.. I know this for a fact because my friend was trying to keep up wit me in his jetta and he told me "I was doing 120mph and I still could not keep up with you".. most of that speed achieved still in 4th gear I shifted to 5th just to be more on the "safe" side since I could not know what rpm I was at, ( I had the basic feel faster than ur really going "mods" : short air intake, MSD coil packs, extra ground wires, 2 1/4" exhaust from stock header to stock muffler no cat, 4 tip spark plugs [not sure if thats the correct name] )
my tires at the time were 225/40/R18, progress 1.7" lowering springs, and a front strut bar.. the car felt ok @ that speed just a lot of wind noise..

In conclusion, contrary to popular belief the 2.2 OHV can go beyond 120mph not exclusive for the almighty 2.4 . Ive retired years ago from that line of thinking and nowadays focus primarily on making my car look nice, a few minor performance upgrades (because were I live the hills are killers) and I leave the high speeds for the nascar racers



Re: Top Speed?
Thursday, July 07, 2011 6:18 PM
hardcore sunfire likes to ride my cock when i post here

and cavalierblue, that must have taken quite a bit of time lol after about 117 it seemed to go nowhere at all so i let off



Re: Top Speed?
Sunday, July 10, 2011 4:12 PM
Has anyone figured out the top speed?



Re: Top Speed?
Sunday, July 10, 2011 4:43 PM
Transporter7220 wrote:

Find your gear ratios and I can tell you. LD9's with an Isuzu will theoretically hit about 155mph at 6250rpm in 5th, and about 175mph if you can rev to 7000rpm.


this would be one of the better answer to that question, but nobody reached it I believe. The fastest speeds were around 134 to 137ish.









Re: Top Speed?
Monday, July 11, 2011 8:21 AM
maximus overdrive wrote:

Has anyone figured out the topu speed?


For you and everyone else including that idiot 95lscoupe, 108mph. If you searched, better yet, if you read the initial sticky in the newbs section, you would know that all 3rd gen jbodies are governed at 108mph. There are ways around it, which I, nor anyone else is going to tell you. I don't know how many times it needs to be said





Re: Top Speed?
Monday, July 11, 2011 2:45 PM
HardcoreXSunfire wrote:

maximus overdrive wrote:

Has anyone figured out the topu speed?


For you and everyone else including that idiot 95lscoupe, 108mph. If you searched, better yet, if you read the initial sticky in the newbs section, you would know that all 3rd gen jbodies are governed at 108mph. There are ways around it, which I, nor anyone else is going to tell you. I don't know how many times it needs to be said

Calling me an idiot when you're answering his question wrong....108 is not the top speed, thats the governed speed, still plenty of Rpms left to go...



Re: Top Speed?
Monday, July 11, 2011 3:33 PM
*facepalm*

YOU


ARE


A


MORON!!!!!!!!




They are governed at 108mph for a reason. The reason being so retards like yourself dont attempt to go faster in a car not meant to be driven that fast. It has been stated so many frickin times before its stupid to even see someone like yourself trying to justify going faster.

You talk about street racing. You talk about going faster than the governed speed (which I dont know how your doing that in your POS). I hope you hit a tree, with no passengers and no other cars involved. Unfortuneately one day we are going to read how some dumbass, YOU, killed a mom and her kids.

And if you actually read AND understood what I posted you would see this:

HardcoreXSunfire wrote:



For you and everyone else including that idiot 95lscoupe, 108mph. If you searched, better yet, if you read the initial sticky in the newbs section, you would know that all 3rd gen jbodies are governed at 108mph. There are ways around it, which I, nor anyone else is going to tell you.


Hmmm, I do believe I answered the question correctly.








Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Monday, July 11, 2011 3:41 PM




Re: Top Speed?
Monday, July 11, 2011 4:28 PM
I believe the correst answer would be faster then you ever need to be going. Your only reason to ever go beyond 108 mph is if you have a car the can go beyond that in a 1/4 mile which if you do you have the know how to get around the govenor. Again saved for the track and I doubt is is possible for anyone in a J to hit the "top speed" in a 1/4 so this whole thread is pretty pointless.

Re: Top Speed?
Monday, July 11, 2011 5:49 PM
You might be able to hit over 108 on the nurburgring.


1994 Saturn SL2 Home Coming Edition: backup car
2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport Coupe: In a Junk Yard
1995 Mazda Miata R-package Class=STR
Sponsored by: Kronos Performance

WPI Class of '12 Mechanical Engineering
WPI SAE Risk and Sustainability Management Officer
Re: Top Speed?
Monday, July 11, 2011 7:01 PM
Yeah true but what are the chances that any of us whould be able to take our cars there? Not that it would be totally awesome cause I would take the sunfire out there in a heartbeat
Re: Top Speed?
Monday, July 11, 2011 7:03 PM
Meh, there's tracks I'd rather hit first. Laguna seca, Monaco (never happen). Waktins Glen (totally possible), Road Atlanta, etc.


1994 Saturn SL2 Home Coming Edition: backup car
2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport Coupe: In a Junk Yard
1995 Mazda Miata R-package Class=STR
Sponsored by: Kronos Performance

WPI Class of '12 Mechanical Engineering
WPI SAE Risk and Sustainability Management Officer
Re: Top Speed?
Monday, July 11, 2011 7:12 PM
Dont forget Infinion.. Laguna seca would be a blast as well. Hell I just want to hit any track
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

 

Start New Topic Advanced Search