Top Speed? - Page 5 - Racing Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Top Speed?
Monday, July 11, 2011 7:13 PM
Pocono is having a track day this weekend... I'm already auto-xing the whole week.


1994 Saturn SL2 Home Coming Edition: backup car
2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport Coupe: In a Junk Yard
1995 Mazda Miata R-package Class=STR
Sponsored by: Kronos Performance

WPI Class of '12 Mechanical Engineering
WPI SAE Risk and Sustainability Management Officer

Re: Top Speed?
Monday, July 11, 2011 7:13 PM
I really need to go to the Glen... it's really unacceptable that I like an hour from it and I've never done a track day there.



Paying someone to install parts and bragging about it being fast, is like watching someone bang your wife and being proud to raise their kids.
Re: Top Speed?
Monday, July 11, 2011 7:21 PM
Hmm I'll have to look into those.. It will be a drive for me since there's none in Virginia as far as I know. But would be way worth it
Re: Top Speed?
Monday, July 11, 2011 7:22 PM
RED wrote:

Hmm I'll have to look into those.. It will be a drive for me since there's none in Virginia as far as I know. But would be way worth it


Um VIR?


1994 Saturn SL2 Home Coming Edition: backup car
2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport Coupe: In a Junk Yard
1995 Mazda Miata R-package Class=STR
Sponsored by: Kronos Performance

WPI Class of '12 Mechanical Engineering
WPI SAE Risk and Sustainability Management Officer
Re: Top Speed?
Monday, July 11, 2011 7:25 PM
Yeah i've looked into that one. but from there site it's very unclear as to if the hold track days.. Unless i'm looking in the wrong place which i could be lol
Re: Top Speed?
Monday, July 11, 2011 7:27 PM
You need to look at your local SCCA chapter and NASA and stuff like that. Those groups normally have track days.


1994 Saturn SL2 Home Coming Edition: backup car
2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport Coupe: In a Junk Yard
1995 Mazda Miata R-package Class=STR
Sponsored by: Kronos Performance

WPI Class of '12 Mechanical Engineering
WPI SAE Risk and Sustainability Management Officer
Re: Top Speed?
Monday, July 11, 2011 7:32 PM
Ah thanks got it.. Som egroup called NESBA holds tack day events there on a regular basis. I'll have to get in on one of those. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.
Re: Top Speed?
Monday, July 11, 2011 7:39 PM
No problem. Love to see people race on a real track.


1994 Saturn SL2 Home Coming Edition: backup car
2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport Coupe: In a Junk Yard
1995 Mazda Miata R-package Class=STR
Sponsored by: Kronos Performance

WPI Class of '12 Mechanical Engineering
WPI SAE Risk and Sustainability Management Officer
Re: Top Speed?
Wednesday, July 13, 2011 5:45 AM
maximus overdrive wrote:

Has anyone figured out the top speed?

I was being a smart ass when I asked this question. I bet no one here will ever hit the top speed of these cars. And my car was limited to 107, now at 150. I can hit 107~110 in third gear. I've had my car do around 125 naked with a beer in hand. It was reading 2 on the gear selection, buried with more to go.



Re: Top Speed?
Wednesday, July 13, 2011 12:09 PM
Yeah well I went 150 while getting banged by a porn star and drinking crystal from the bottle, in a 15 mph zone. Beat that.


1994 Saturn SL2 Home Coming Edition: backup car
2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport Coupe: In a Junk Yard
1995 Mazda Miata R-package Class=STR
Sponsored by: Kronos Performance

WPI Class of '12 Mechanical Engineering
WPI SAE Risk and Sustainability Management Officer
Re: Top Speed?
Wednesday, July 13, 2011 5:41 PM
^ Now we're talkin. Thumbs up! Like. Boost?

I was serious by the way... On the way to Bourbon Street, NO




Re: Top Speed?
Wednesday, July 13, 2011 10:33 PM
well i was doing 150 while getting a BJ from (insert hot chick here) and doing coke from (insert another hot chick here)'s HooHah while getting chased by the cops. top that?



Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Wednesday, July 13, 2011 10:42 PM




Re: Top Speed?
Thursday, July 14, 2011 4:57 PM
....... I was doing 65 on my way to work listening to disturbed and drinking my morning monster which i almost spilled.... IT WAS CRAZY
Re: Top Speed?
Monday, July 18, 2011 4:30 PM
I had mine up to 115mph for a minute on the e-way 2.2 turbo, with z-rated tires also a must.
Re: Top Speed?
Monday, July 18, 2011 8:38 PM
we have a made a mockery of 95LsCoupe which makes me lol





Re: Top Speed?
Friday, July 22, 2011 6:32 AM
I did 115 in the 1/4...






Re: Top Speed?
Sunday, July 24, 2011 1:11 PM
blackbirdracing wrote:

I did 115 in the 1/4...


this guy wins.



Re: Top Speed?
Sunday, July 24, 2011 9:06 PM
blucavvy wrote:

blackbirdracing wrote:

I did 115 in the 1/4...


this guy wins.


completely

/lock thread





Re: Top Speed?
Sunday, September 18, 2011 7:55 PM
TheSundownFire (GME Chat) wrote:

Viper98912 wrote:

95 2.2 ohv with isuzu won't go much farther than 108 lol


My 4 speed auto runs out of steam before it hits 108 most of the time. A car with an anemic engine and the aerodynamics of a cinderblock wont go much faster than that.


same here, my 3 speed would bounce at 108 all day long, this damm 4 speed doesnt know what 80+ is. although manually shifting into 3 up to around 100-105 helps a lot



Re: Top Speed?
Tuesday, November 29, 2011 7:17 PM
With a bit of a running start,(coming off turn 14) I didn't have any trouble hitting 108 on a 1700 ft long straight at a track day at Heartland Park in Topeka, Kansas. Running 225/45/16 BFG KDW tires on Neon ACR BBS rims. 1998 2.2L 5 speed. No trouble slowing down with the stock brakes, either. 260,000 miles and still on the original clutch. Not so good at auto cross, my fault not the car. I never wind it over 4800 rpm now. My 2.0L slushbox Contour has trouble hitting 90 mph down hill with a tailwind.


Quarter Million Club
Re: Top Speed?
Wednesday, December 28, 2011 8:07 PM
I was doing about 95 MPH when my 2.2 with well over 210000 miles on it started knocking. drove it home and shut it down came out the next day started right up so I gave it a little gas and the engine knocked so I shut it off. that was that time for a 3.4 and an ebay turbo. I probably get it this weekend! : )
our cars will reach top speed in 4th gear if you have a 5 speed. so unless you have engine mods then 4th is the gear is the one you want for top speed.
You will need to know tire diameter which can be hard to determine because as they turn at higher speeds they should actually get taller so the "calculator is a best guess at best.
I like to drive fast in everything I drive
115ish in a dodge grand caravan 3.8
110+ ford f-150 stupid rev limiters that was in 3rd gear / 5speed
130+ 1982 Camaro with dry rotted tires back country road 2 am
120+ 1989 Corsica lots of times /all the time
granted I live out in the country cops are few and far between. and lots of strait country roads.
I've driven more crap then half you combined.
Things that shack, vibrate, shimmy, and or alltogether just scary, well for normal people anyhow. I aint skeerd.

Re: Top Speed?
Saturday, December 31, 2011 1:04 PM
Bill Luce wrote:

I was doing about 95 MPH when my 2.2 with well over 210000 miles on it started knocking. drove it home and shut it down came out the next day started right up so I gave it a little gas and the engine knocked so I shut it off. that was that time for a 3.4 and an ebay turbo. I probably get it this weekend! : )
our cars will reach top speed in 4th gear if you have a 5 speed. so unless you have engine mods then 4th is the gear is the one you want for top speed.
You will need to know tire diameter which can be hard to determine because as they turn at higher speeds they should actually get taller so the "calculator is a best guess at best.
I like to drive fast in everything I drive
115ish in a dodge grand caravan 3.8
110+ ford f-150 stupid rev limiters that was in 3rd gear / 5speed
130+ 1982 Camaro with dry rotted tires back country road 2 am
120+ 1989 Corsica lots of times /all the time
granted I live out in the country cops are few and far between. and lots of strait country roads.
I've driven more crap then half you combined.
Things that shack, vibrate, shimmy, and or alltogether just scary, well for normal people anyhow. I aint skeerd
.
You sir, are a complete dumb@ss.... That is all.....





P&P Tuning
420.5whp / 359.8wtq

Re: Top Speed?
Saturday, December 31, 2011 1:08 PM
Bill Luce wrote:

I've driven more crap then half you combined.


Maybe, but they are all slow ass pieces of crap, so don't act like you're somehow better than us because you have to switch vehicles every 3 months because they keep dieing.

35 years old and the fastest car you've ever driven is an 82 camaro... LAWL!



Paying someone to install parts and bragging about it being fast, is like watching someone bang your wife and being proud to raise their kids.
Re: Top Speed?
Friday, January 06, 2012 2:41 PM
dumba$$ is well suited for some of the things I've done.
I still have all these car with the exception of the Corsica.
While I like driving fast in everything I own I really never spent much money on performance parts.
Re: Top Speed?
Friday, January 06, 2012 3:14 PM
QWK LN2 (P&P Tuning) wrote:

Bill Luce wrote:

I was doing about 95 MPH when my 2.2 with well over 210000 miles on it started knocking. drove it home and shut it down came out the next day started right up so I gave it a little gas and the engine knocked so I shut it off. that was that time for a 3.4 and an ebay turbo. I probably get it this weekend! : )
our cars will reach top speed in 4th gear if you have a 5 speed. so unless you have engine mods then 4th is the gear is the one you want for top speed.
You will need to know tire diameter which can be hard to determine because as they turn at higher speeds they should actually get taller so the "calculator is a best guess at best.
I like to drive fast in everything I drive
115ish in a dodge grand caravan 3.8
110+ ford f-150 stupid rev limiters that was in 3rd gear / 5speed
130+ 1982 Camaro with dry rotted tires back country road 2 am
120+ 1989 Corsica lots of times /all the time
granted I live out in the country cops are few and far between. and lots of strait country roads.
I've driven more crap then half you combined.
Things that shack, vibrate, shimmy, and or alltogether just scary, well for normal people anyhow. I aint skeerd
.
You sir, are a complete dumb@ss.... That is all.....


X2

Its one thing to drive fast in something that was built to go fast but in POS rattling cars/vans down back roads? One day you will hit the ditch and DIE, hopefully its just you in the accident and nobody else.



2000 Cavalier Z24 5spd - Intake, Dynomax muffler, Hawk Pads, Powerslot rotors, Sportlines/Koni reds, Neon Coil, MSD 8.5 Wires - **SOLD**
2014 Kia Forte Koup SX 6spd - 1.6L Turbo - My new car
2015 Kia Sorento EX V6 AWD - Wifes Car

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

 

Start New Topic Advanced Search