Top 25 WHP list :) - Page 3 - Racing Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Top 25 WHP list :)
Friday, July 13, 2007 1:29 AM
Adam Hahn wrote:

Marcus Williams wrote:

Karo (Car Customs) wrote:

Ben Dynoed on a Mustang Dyno.

Chances are, if he dynos on a DynoJet he will be over 200WHP. How much more, its hard to tell.


Yeah, the biggest problem with this list is going to be the differences in types of dynos. Obviously you couldn't start making different lists for each type of dyno, but it's something to consider.


This is no problem because some tracks are much better than others too. For instance, even at the TVR meet at Great Lakes Dragaway on June 24th, I ran an 11.87 @ 123 MPH which is more MPH than my 11.48 pass a few years ago. Luckily, my home track is one of if not the best tracks in the nation. But some folks are not so lucky. Horsepower is horsepower, and times are times. Dynos are mere machines that (as we all know as machine.....errr car enthusiasts), are not perfect and 100% repeatable/accurate but they are pretty good at what they do be it a Mustang or a Dynojet.

I agree with what you're saying too - they're not 100% perfect (as no machine is), but they do a pretty good job. Just pointing out that, because of the different ways they get their numbers (or, more precisely, how a load is or isn't placed on the wheels during the testing), a car will dyno differently on each type. That's the lesser concern of what I was saying anyways - if you really want your numbers to look good, don't go to a Mustang dyno, simple as that . And if you're trying to see what kind of gains you got from certain mods, make sure you go to the same dyno (don't change types, I wouldn't even go to a different shop). I believe from what I understand, a Mustang dyno *would* be preferable for tuning, because of the load it creates, thereby more accurately reflecting real-world conditions. However, if you just want the best looking numbers you can get, go for the Dynojet (actually, I believe the "Dynapack" is even more forgiving if I remember, maybe someone could verify that - I think they take the wheels off).

But I digress. The point of the thread wasn't the differences in dynos - that's a topic for a whole other discussion.

Re: Top 25 WHP list :)
Friday, July 13, 2007 5:03 AM
Quote:


This is no problem because some tracks are much better than others too. For instance, even at the TVR meet at Great Lakes Dragaway on June 24th, I ran an 11.87 @ 123 MPH which is more MPH than my 11.48 pass a few years ago. Luckily, my home track is one of if not the best tracks in the nation. But some folks are not so lucky. Horsepower is horsepower, and times are times. Dynos are mere machines that (as we all know as machine.....errr car enthusiasts), are not perfect and 100% repeatable/accurate but they are pretty good at what they do be it a Mustang or a Dynojet.


I totally agree with Adam. As long as people understand these are numbers and a rough idea of what you can get with certain mods. Some my get more and other might get less. I like the idea of the list.

a question, would we be able to have it set-up were it links to the person profile when you click on there name?



FU Tuning



Re: Top 25 WHP list :)
Friday, July 13, 2007 6:25 AM
Just a side note: Our in house DynoJet has an Eddy brake which does imitate load. I dont know much about the different dynos, maybe thats the newest fairly recent model?

and like Marcus was saying about dynoing with real world conditions. I dont think we have ever dynoed the car and gone straight to the track with the exact same tune. We just use the dyno to get our basic tune and break in brand new race motors.



Street-Legal 2003 Sunfire 10.58 @ 139 MPH
Re: Top 25 WHP list :)
Saturday, July 14, 2007 9:23 AM
oh my bad i havent up dated my stuff in a while. bfg gforces, full mounts motor and tranny, custom cadd mapped exhaust mani , ss injectors with a adj. fuel regulator(for when the turbo gets popped in)..........so now u can shut ur mouths and stop bashing i got pics to if u wanna be a bunch of whiners about it


Re: Top 25 WHP list :)
Saturday, July 14, 2007 10:55 PM
blaine smith wrote:

oh my bad i havent up dated my stuff in a while. bfg gforces, full mounts motor and tranny, custom cadd mapped exhaust mani , ss injectors with a adj. fuel regulator(for when the turbo gets popped in)..........so now u can shut ur mouths and stop bashing i got pics to if u wanna be a bunch of whiners about it


Posting a bunch of parts, and telling me to shut my mouth ain't gonna keep your ass on the list. Post a dyno slip or be removed. PERIOD.

Oh and BFGs won't help your HP any big guy.



I used to race cars, now I race myself.
5K PB: 24:50
10K PB: 54:26
Re: Top 25 WHP list :)
Sunday, July 15, 2007 12:20 AM
Why must every post turn into a flaming session? If you claim to make a certain amount of power and someone questions it, then just provide proof. It shouldn't be an issue if you are in fact telling the truth. But honestly, this is not meant to be a ego trip, so lets keep the egos' out of it.



Street-Legal 2003 Sunfire 10.58 @ 139 MPH
Re: Top 25 WHP list :)
Sunday, July 15, 2007 6:27 AM
Adam Hahn wrote:

Why must every post turn into a flaming session?


hypsy.


- 93 mph in the 1/8 mile
Member of J-Body Of Michigan.

Re: Top 25 WHP list :)
Sunday, July 15, 2007 8:30 AM
Skilz10179 wrote:

Adam Hahn wrote:

Why must every post turn into a flaming session?


hypsy.


Okay look, I know I'm new here, but this argument is silly, and that comment was really uncalled for. It doesn't matter who started it. Blaine, please post a dyno sheet so we can confirm that you're telling the truth. It's not you specifically we don't believe, it's just that there's a huge tendency for people to lie on the internet, so please, just satisfy our doubt.

And please understand that Hypsy wasn't trying to be a dick, it's just like I said before, a lot of people lie.

No more comments about this altercation please. Thanks guys.



Re: Top 25 WHP list :)
Sunday, July 15, 2007 8:32 AM
Also, (I know, double post >.< it's kind of disheartening to see how few people make 350+ with their cars, as I would eventually like to hit that mark, although I haven't even dynoed it stock yet.



Re: Top 25 WHP list :)
Sunday, July 15, 2007 8:42 AM
Ron Carvalho wrote:

Hypsy wasn't trying to be a dick,

bwahahaha







Re: Top 25 WHP list :)
Sunday, July 15, 2007 8:45 AM
Shh, don't tell him that.

I'm just trying to resolve the situation. I don't have a problem with either of them personally, and they shouldn't with each other. This thread is just a tame pissing contest, so let's keep it tame.




Re: Top 25 WHP list :)
Sunday, July 15, 2007 4:45 PM
1. Adam Hahn - 407.44 - DynoJet - Turbo Ecotec
2. Brandon Fetter - 362- Dynojet - Turbo LD9 @13psi
3. Ryne Hoover - 301.2 - DynoJet - Turbo Ecotec @ 16PSI on 16G
4. Ryan Egleston- 244.07 Dynojet - Turbo 2200 @10psi
5. PhilioZ24 - 241.00 - Mustang - Turbo LD9
6. Chad Gillies - 224.- Dynapack- Turbo Ecotec @ 7psi
7. slvr05cav - 223 - Mustang - Turbo Ecotec @ 8psi
8. Lafngas -214 - dynojet - gm s/c ld9
9. Ben Wenzel Jr - 181 - Mustang - Ecotec NA
10. Mr.Goodwrench-G.T. - 178.6* - Dynojet - S/C LD9 @ 4.5psi
11. Enthusiast - 161.73 - dynojet - Ecotec N/A
12. -MD-LD9 - 159.8 - Mustang - LD9 N/A
13. lostsol - 156.27- dynojet(us30) - Ecotec n/a
14. John Higgins - 151.46 - Dynojet - LD9 N/A
15. z yaaaa - 151.4 - Dynojet - LD9 n/a
16. Jonathan Wehr - 147.34 - Dynojet - Ecotec N/A
17. Roy - 141 - dynojet - ecotec N/A
18. 96 Cav - 112.0 - Dynojet - Ln2 N/A




Re: Top 25 WHP list :)
Sunday, July 15, 2007 9:11 PM
FstCavZ24 (what is to come) wrote:

Ron Carvalho wrote:

Hypsy wasn't trying to be a dick,

bwahahaha

lol...


(FYI: In person Ryne's a great guy, but when you put a computer in front of him...)



-

"Youth in Asia"...I don't see anything wrong with that.
Re: Top 25 WHP list :)
Sunday, July 15, 2007 9:19 PM
I'm sure he is, most people are.







Re: Top 25 WHP list :)
Monday, July 16, 2007 1:02 PM
1. Adam Hahn - 407.44 - DynoJet - Turbo Ecotec
2. Brandon Fetter - 362- Dynojet - Turbo LD9 @13psi
3. Ryne Hoover - 301.2 - DynoJet - Turbo Ecotec @ 16PSI on 16G
4. Ryan Egleston- 244.07 Dynojet - Turbo 2200 @10psi
5. PhilioZ24 - 241.00 - Mustang - Turbo LD9
6. Chad Gillies - 224.- Dynapack- Turbo Ecotec @ 7psi
7. slvr05cav - 223 - Mustang - Turbo Ecotec @ 8psi
8. Lafngas -214 - dynojet - gm s/c ld9
9. Ben Wenzel Jr - 181 - Mustang - Ecotec NA
10. Mr.Goodwrench-G.T. - 178.6* - Dynojet - S/C LD9 @ 4.5psi
11. Bigtemps - 173.26 - Mustang - s/c LD9 @ 5psi
12. Enthusiast - 161.73 - dynojet - Ecotec N/A
13. -MD-LD9 - 159.8 - Mustang - LD9 N/A
14. lostsol - 156.27- dynojet(us30) - Ecotec n/a
15. John Higgins - 151.46 - Dynojet - LD9 N/A
16. z yaaaa - 151.4 - Dynojet - LD9 n/a
17. Jonathan Wehr - 147.34 - Dynojet - Ecotec N/A
18. Roy - 141 - dynojet - ecotec N/A
19. 96 Cav - 112.0 - Dynojet - Ln2 N/A



Re: Top 25 WHP list :)
Monday, July 16, 2007 1:38 PM
Brian Whalen wrote:

FstCavZ24 (what is to come) wrote:

Ron Carvalho wrote:

Hypsy wasn't trying to be a dick,

bwahahaha

lol...


(FYI: In person Ryne's a great guy, but when you put a computer in front of him...)


It's so much more fun getting people all pissed off by being the way I want to be in person, but can't, when I'm on here. If I was still this way in person, I was until I turned 18 and had an epifany (sp?), my life wouldn't be where it is now. Hell I'd probably be behind bars somewhere the way I was going, believe it or not.

I've seriously tried to be nicer to people on here, but it's failed. Everyone thinks that I'm being sarcastic when I try and act nice. Oh well. @!#$ happens, life goes on.

In this case I wasn't trying to be an ass, just trying to get to the bottom of the claim. If he wants to be on the list, he's gotta back it up. If I posted that I made 407WHP I'm sure someone would call me out and tell me to provide proof, even at this point of my car's story. If I didn't I wouldn't expect to be believe and would expect to have that claim removed. In this post if you want to be on the list you gotta be ready and able to show off proof if called out.



I used to race cars, now I race myself.
5K PB: 24:50
10K PB: 54:26
Re: Top 25 WHP list :)
Monday, July 16, 2007 2:45 PM
Team Vision Racing (aka hypsy) wrote:

Oh and BFGs won't help your HP any big guy.
They will if they are lighter than the stockers I don't know if they are or not, but from what I've seen, performance tires seem to use lighter belts.




fortune cookie say: better a delay than a disaster
Re: Top 25 WHP list :)
Monday, July 16, 2007 6:19 PM

1. Adam Hahn - 407.44 - DynoJet - Turbo Ecotec
2. Brandon Fetter - 362- Dynojet - Turbo LD9 @13psi
3. Ryne Hoover - 301.2 - DynoJet - Turbo Ecotec @ 16PSI on 16G
4. Ryan Egleston- 244.07 Dynojet - Turbo 2200 @10psi
5. PhilioZ24 - 241.00 - Mustang - Turbo LD9
6. Cheeze~whiz - 231whp, Nitrous Ld9, dynojet chassis dyno
7. Chad Gillies - 224.- Dynapack- Turbo Ecotec @ 7psi
8. slvr05cav - 223 - Mustang - Turbo Ecotec @ 8psi
9. Lafngas -214 - dynojet - gm s/c ld9
10. Ben Wenzel Jr - 181 - Mustang - Ecotec NA
11. Mr.Goodwrench-G.T. - 178.6* - Dynojet - S/C LD9 @ 4.5psi
12. Bigtemps - 173.26 - Mustang - s/c LD9 @ 5psi
13. Enthusiast - 161.73 - dynojet - Ecotec N/A
14. -MD-LD9 - 159.8 - Mustang - LD9 N/A
15. lostsol - 156.27- dynojet(us30) - Ecotec n/a
16. John Higgins - 151.46 - Dynojet - LD9 N/A
17. z yaaaa - 151.4 - Dynojet - LD9 n/a
18. Jonathan Wehr - 147.34 - Dynojet - Ecotec N/A
19. Roy - 141 - dynojet - ecotec N/A
20. 96 Cav - 112.0 - Dynojet - Ln2 N/A



It's oh so cheesey!
Re: Top 25 WHP list :)
Monday, July 16, 2007 7:24 PM
OHV notec wrote:

Team Vision Racing (aka hypsy) wrote:

Oh and BFGs won't help your HP any big guy.
They will if they are lighter than the stockers I don't know if they are or not, but from what I've seen, performance tires seem to use lighter belts.


They won't help his HP, they'll help his times though.



I used to race cars, now I race myself.
5K PB: 24:50
10K PB: 54:26
Re: Top 25 WHP list :)
Tuesday, July 17, 2007 11:30 AM
Team Vision Racing (aka hypsy) wrote:

OHV notec wrote:

Team Vision Racing (aka hypsy) wrote:

Oh and BFGs won't help your HP any big guy.
They will if they are lighter than the stockers I don't know if they are or not, but from what I've seen, performance tires seem to use lighter belts.


They won't help his HP, they'll help his times though.

OHV notec is correct....if they are lighter they will save / regain a little HP. Less rotational mass is less rotational mass.




Re: Top 25 WHP list :)
Tuesday, July 17, 2007 1:10 PM
Team Vision Racing (aka hypsy) wrote:


If he wants to be on the list, he's gotta back it up. If I posted that I made 407WHP I'm sure someone would call me out and tell me to provide proof, even at this point of my car's story. If I didn't I wouldn't expect to be believe and would expect to have that claim removed. In this post if you want to be on the list you gotta be ready and able to show off proof if called out.



Who gives a flying eff that he needs to back up his numbers with proof. Is this 3rd grade? Its the effing internet. Claim whatever you want, the world will not change just because someone says they made 800 hp vs 400 hp. Who cares, its a freaking number.

And you guys wonder why less and less people post anything they do about their cars as the days go on. Its simply because of crap like this.

You guys take things to the heart so quickly, for the love of God its the damn internet. Life does not revolve around it.









Re: Top 25 WHP list :)
Tuesday, July 17, 2007 1:11 PM
-MD- LD9 wrote:

Team Vision Racing (aka hypsy) wrote:

OHV notec wrote:

Team Vision Racing (aka hypsy) wrote:

Oh and BFGs won't help your HP any big guy.
They will if they are lighter than the stockers I don't know if they are or not, but from what I've seen, performance tires seem to use lighter belts.


They won't help his HP, they'll help his times though.

OHV notec is correct....if they are lighter they will save / regain a little HP. Less rotational mass is less rotational mass.


Yeah I see what your getting at there. I highly doubt a BFG is that much lighter though that it contributed anything to his dyno output.

I'd still like to see his proof of numbers since he was called out, and by someone who has just a little bit of knowledge



I used to race cars, now I race myself.
5K PB: 24:50
10K PB: 54:26
Re: Top 25 WHP list :)
Tuesday, July 17, 2007 3:16 PM
Everyone relax. We all know hypsy is the site's biggest baby.

1. Adam Hahn - 407.44 - DynoJet - Turbo Ecotec
2. Brandon Fetter - 362- Dynojet - Turbo LD9 @13psi
3. Ryne Hoover - 301.2 - DynoJet - Turbo Ecotec @ 16PSI on 16G
4. 98redcavz24 - 246.02 - Dynojet - Turbo LD9 @11psi
5. Ryan Egleston- 244.07 Dynojet - Turbo 2200 @10psi
6. PhilioZ24 - 241.00 - Mustang - Turbo LD9
7. Cheeze~whiz - 231whp, Nitrous Ld9, dynojet chassis dyno
8. Chad Gillies - 224.- Dynapack- Turbo Ecotec @ 7psi
9. slvr05cav - 223 - Mustang - Turbo Ecotec @ 8psi
10. Lafngas -214 - dynojet - gm s/c ld9
11. Ben Wenzel Jr - 181 - Mustang - Ecotec NA
12. Mr.Goodwrench-G.T. - 178.6* - Dynojet - S/C LD9 @ 4.5psi
13. Bigtemps - 173.26 - Mustang - s/c LD9 @ 5psi
14. Enthusiast - 161.73 - dynojet - Ecotec N/A
15. -MD-LD9 - 159.8 - Mustang - LD9 N/A
16. lostsol - 156.27- dynojet(us30) - Ecotec n/a
17. John Higgins - 151.46 - Dynojet - LD9 N/A
18. z yaaaa - 151.4 - Dynojet - LD9 n/a
19. Jonathan Wehr - 147.34 - Dynojet - Ecotec N/A
20. Roy - 141 - dynojet - ecotec N/A
21. 96 Cav - 112.0 - Dynojet - Ln2 N/A



Blew it up, build numbers coming soon
Re: Top 25 WHP list :)
Tuesday, July 17, 2007 3:52 PM
Quote:

Everyone relax. We all know hypsy is the site's biggest baby.


Funny. It was me that first stated something about HP numbers being correct. I agree it is just the net, but why can't try to make sure things are correct as possible??? Is that a bad thing??? If you are going to start a list showing what our cars can do why not have it be true?? If this is the case my car made 192whp, and runs 14.1 all motor (factory motor), so lets change my times on both list.

It really gets me how certain people on this board will make a hugh deal over certain things, but on topics that mean just as much they could careless about.



FU Tuning



Re: Top 25 WHP list :)
Tuesday, July 17, 2007 4:12 PM
This is a wickedly incomplete list:

1. Adam Hahn - 407.44 - DynoJet - Turbo Ecotec
2. Brandon Fetter - 362- Dynojet - Turbo LD9 @13psi
3. Ryne Hoover - 301.2 - DynoJet - Turbo Ecotec @ 16PSI on 16G
4. Mr. Pute - 269.9-Dynapack - Remote Mount Turbo LD9 @ 11.5psi
5. 98redcavz24 - 246.02 - Dynojet - Turbo LD9 @11psi
6. Ryan Egleston- 244.07 Dynojet - Turbo 2200 @10psi
7. PhilioZ24 - 241.00 - Mustang - Turbo LD9
8. Cheeze~whiz - 231whp, Nitrous Ld9, dynojet chassis dyno
9. Chad Gillies - 224.- Dynapack- Turbo Ecotec @ 7psi
10. slvr05cav - 223 - Mustang - Turbo Ecotec @ 8psi
11. Lafngas -214 - dynojet - gm s/c ld9
12. Ben Wenzel Jr - 181 - Mustang - Ecotec NA
13. Mr.Goodwrench-G.T. - 178.6* - Dynojet - S/C LD9 @ 4.5psi
14. Bigtemps - 173.26 - Mustang - s/c LD9 @ 5psi
15. Enthusiast - 161.73 - dynojet - Ecotec N/A
16. -MD-LD9 - 159.8 - Mustang - LD9 N/A
17. lostsol - 156.27- dynojet(us30) - Ecotec n/a
18. John Higgins - 151.46 - Dynojet - LD9 N/A
19. z yaaaa - 151.4 - Dynojet - LD9 n/a
20. Jonathan Wehr - 147.34 - Dynojet - Ecotec N/A
21. Roy - 141 - dynojet - ecotec N/A
22. 96 Cav - 112.0 - Dynojet - Ln2 N/A




I will NEVER change my sig. HTML 4 EVA!!
<a href="http://www.j-body.org/members/mrpute"><img src="http://www.j-bom.com/images/sigs/putesig.jpg">
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

 

Start New Topic Advanced Search