Caravan rear hub picture - Racing Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Caravan rear hub picture
Thursday, February 24, 2011 8:52 PM
Im trying to find out which rear hub off a caravan will fit the cavalier rear, with little modification. I searched for it but got mixed results. Some say early 90's and some say 80's, but 86-90 caravan hubs are different from 91-95, so im not sure which one is correct.
I included a pic of 91-95 style hub. ( I know it is for an AWD caravan), I just want to know if that is the style of mounting flange that will work? Or is it the 86-90 style? ( I could not find a picture of this kind anywhere)

Any help will be appriecated. Thanks

Re: Caravan rear hub picture
Thursday, February 24, 2011 9:15 PM
whats the purpose ? iv heard of it.

Friday, February 25, 2011 1:17 AM
use the older one like 88-90s frt wheel drive van with 14 inch wheels you will just have to ream out two holes and drll the other two real simple cut reflare and put new fitting to adapt brakes
Tuesday, March 01, 2011 6:18 PM
Sounds like more work than neon rear disks...

Paying someone to install parts and bragging about it being fast, is like watching someone bang your wife and being proud to raise their kids.
Wednesday, March 02, 2011 4:58 PM
azncav wrote:whats the purpose ? iv heard of it.

If I ever hit the lottery I'll give you a lot of money for your car. Probably the cleanest j i've ever seen.

- Your not-so-local, untrained, uncertified, backyard mechanic. But my @!#$ runs
Thursday, March 03, 2011 7:01 PM
Got one today. autocrafter I see exactly what you mean, about reaming out the tops and drill new holes for the bottom. thanks for the info!

azncav....some other people that race on dirt or pavement ovals install these because they supposly hold up much better. The factory cavalier hubs wear out or break quickly. Have to replace bearings every couple races, or they will break.

Hopefully it helps.
Friday, March 18, 2011 8:24 PM
Oedwards wrote:
azncav wrote:whats the purpose ? iv heard of it.

If I ever hit the lottery I'll give you a lot of money for your car. Probably the cleanest j i've ever seen.

haha thanks bro... i wish it was as clean as it looks in the pictures lol

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search