question - Racing Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
question
Friday, March 18, 2011 6:05 PM
I bought a roll cage out of a talon. Is there any way to make it fit in a 2000 Cavy. My son is just getting in to racing.

Re: question
Friday, March 18, 2011 6:46 PM
The real question should be, "how long will my son live if I shoe horn a used roll cage out of some other car and send him out on the race track?"!!!
Spend the $300 and take it to a speed shop and have them install a "custom fit" cage the right way!
Saturday, March 19, 2011 8:12 AM
Guys switch roll cages all the time. If you want to save money take some measurements and im sure there will be an easy way to make it fit. if you have the extra cash and want it to be as safe as possible have a shop build you a roll cage like stated above.
Monday, March 21, 2011 7:31 PM
You can't buy a safe cage for $300. My son has a cage from an ARCA car in his spare car and is perfectly safe. His new sunfire has a custom fit kit from Rollcage Components was more than that and I welded it in myself.
Thursday, March 24, 2011 3:56 PM
http://www.raceny.com/smf2/index.php?topic=13297.0
There is more than 1 places in that thread that will build and install a CUSTOM built cage for around $300! Don't say it cant be done. You bring your car to my shop and I'll install a CUSTOM 6 point cage, belt tabs, window net tabs and a seat mount for $350, do it all day long!
I checked out Rollcage components, didn't see any CUSTOM circle track cage kits? Just stock kits that you make fit! I personally Don't care if the OP's kid is out there in unsafe car ( I would question this just because the question was asked). If it was my kid out there racing, beginner or not I would not go this route with a used cage for some other car. Safety is NOT the place to cut cost.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search