12.6 @ 114 - Racing Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
12.6 @ 114
Saturday, April 02, 2011 8:06 AM
well guys i think i have hit the limits of my current setup car weighed in at 2600 lbs

best run of the night

2.09 60'
5.59 330
8.36 1/8 et
90.32 1/8 mph
12.69 1/4 et
114.47 1/4 mph

car feels like the clutch was slipping on the other runs throughout the night plan to get a spec 3+ some turbo cams and supertech valve springs some 80 lb injectors 2 bar wire swap and get hptuners and hope that i can get the car to run low 12s high 11s

RIP Cpl Derek Kerns And Cpl Robby Reyes
24th MEU VMM-261 (REIN) V22 Crewchiefs
11 April 2012 Morocco (African Lion)

Re: 12.6 @ 114
Saturday, April 02, 2011 9:22 AM
Congrats man. that does look about maxed out for you. i ran the same times for the most part. still on the stock motor i assume? what tires? how much psi? if i recall you have the same turbo as me. get it moving. im chasing that elusive 11 second pass as well

Saturday, April 02, 2011 6:34 PM
I'm impressed on a stock motor. I have to give you the upper hand, cause I would never push a stock internal motor that much. But I am to much attachment to my car to not show it the love it deserves But none the less, those are some pretty impressive numbers but I doubt I will run that on my fully built motor. But I hope to get many years out of my car without having to rebuild it.

Saturday, April 02, 2011 6:45 PM
very nice, man.

you aint hit the limits, YET.... get a good clutch and get those 60 foots down to around 1.8, 1.7 and THEN you'll be maxed.
Sunday, April 03, 2011 9:36 AM
i have no doubt that if i had the spec 3+ that i could get 60s down and possibly run a low 12s it keeps traction i just gotta get better at launching with the m&h tires

Sunday, April 03, 2011 1:20 PM
Cavi2Sunfire wrote:i have no doubt that if i had the spec 3+ that i could get 60s down and possibly run a low 12s it keeps traction i just gotta get better at launching with the m&h tires

You ever think about the bully clutches. Over the years I have read good and bad things about the spec clutches. So far the bully has been run in some relatively high power numbers with good results.

Sunday, April 03, 2011 2:40 PM
i knew that some ppl ran them on here i did consider the clutchmasters twin disc but i havent heard alot about it tho. there is a local shop selling a spec stage 2 with flywheel for 600 that they ordered for a customer and they changed their mind i considered offering them like 500 for it and just running it but dont wanna have to spend more money again down the road when i end up building my motor this fall. I would just love to get a 11 sec pass on a stock internal engine lol.

Sunday, April 03, 2011 3:07 PM
sent a pm to scott so we will see what kinda price he can offer on a bully

Sunday, April 03, 2011 3:27 PM
DONT go with spec. I would highly recomend a bully.

Sunday, April 03, 2011 4:04 PM
Cavi2Sunfire wrote: but dont wanna have to spend more money again down the road when i end up building my motor this fall.

Because you just said this I agree with this

gtpsunfire wrote:DONT go with spec. I would highly recomend a bully.

Sunday, April 03, 2011 4:22 PM
Cavi2Sunfire wrote:i knew that some ppl ran them on here i did consider the clutchmasters twin disc but i havent heard alot about it tho. there is a local shop selling a spec stage 2 with flywheel for 600 that they ordered for a customer and they changed their mind i considered offering them like 500 for it and just running it but dont wanna have to spend more money again down the road when i end up building my motor this fall. I would just love to get a 11 sec pass on a stock internal engine lol.

what you want to know about it? I have one, Camron has one and wait til you see what he ran. Fetter has one... I love mine. taking off is still kinda funny if going from a stop DDing, but im good at it now and used to it. I love mine. I have yet to feel it slip and I have beat the piss out of it. Install was super easy, If I had to do it all over again, i'd do the same thing minus the aluminum flywheel. But im used to that too. Otherwise I love the clutch.

Sunday, April 03, 2011 4:50 PM
BuiltNBoosted wrote:
Cavi2Sunfire wrote:i knew that some ppl ran them on here i did consider the clutchmasters twin disc but i havent heard alot about it tho. there is a local shop selling a spec stage 2 with flywheel for 600 that they ordered for a customer and they changed their mind i considered offering them like 500 for it and just running it but dont wanna have to spend more money again down the road when i end up building my motor this fall. I would just love to get a 11 sec pass on a stock internal engine lol.

what you want to know about it? I have one, Camron has one and wait til you see what he ran. Fetter has one... I love mine. taking off is still kinda funny if going from a stop DDing, but im good at it now and used to it. I love mine. I have yet to feel it slip and I have beat the piss out of it. Install was super easy, If I had to do it all over again, i'd do the same thing minus the aluminum flywheel. But im used to that too. Otherwise I love the clutch.

so you def recommend going with the twin disc this is my only car minus the wifes cav so it has to be streetable so i guess the big things i wanna know is how is engagement,pedal feel and stuff man

Sunday, April 03, 2011 4:51 PM
Thats a pretty nice time.. and then i find out stock internals WTF
Verrrry nice! How long has she been running boosted?

Sunday, April 03, 2011 4:54 PM
Spalattero wrote:Thats a pretty nice time.. and then i find out stock internals WTF
Verrrry nice! How long has she been running boosted?

Its been boosted since fall of 09 has 116000 miles on it too

Sunday, April 03, 2011 5:14 PM
Cavi2Sunfire wrote:
BuiltNBoosted wrote:

so you def recommend going with the twin disc this is my only car minus the wifes cav so it has to be streetable so i guess the big things i wanna know is how is engagement,pedal feel and stuff man

streetable? Its going to be my DD when i get it back but i do have a back up vehicle. idk if id get it if thats your ONLY vehicle. I mean Im used to it and can drive it just fine. its just taking off is i dont want to say rough, but it can be decently smooth. Id like to see a bully of some sort in yours or even a step below the clutch masters twin disc. tons of options out there for sure.

also what tires you on? and all the car specs of the run?

Sunday, April 03, 2011 5:46 PM
Tires are M&H Racemaster 235/60/14 mounted on steelies set @ 12psi car weighed 2600lbs with me in it and 1/2 tank of gas 12.6 was the very first run of the night and it just seemed like once the clutch got hot it just wasnt holding the same power not neccesarily slipping but just not the same holding pressure if that makes sense. Suspension was tein basics. And also had my 19s on the back too. Hoping to find some calais wheels to mount the tires on so that its a little bit lighter.

Sunday, April 03, 2011 6:26 PM
The stage 4 bully is a sprung clutch and if its anything like my stage 3 sprung (4 puck) it is extremely streetable (almost stock feel) and I believe I have almost 50,000kms on my clutch. Never felt it slip once. Mind you I was s/c'ed so I'll let you know how it goes on my new turbo setup and a built motor.

Monday, April 04, 2011 4:17 AM
Gotcha. Not bad for a slick pass then. As far as your clutch not holding... Yes I know what you mean by feeling less pressure. That's why I run then let the car cool for a good 45-60 minutes before my next run. That way everything is fresh and cool.

I know clutchmaster has a nice 6 puck I would try if I didn't get the twin disc. But I made the big jump knowing it will take any abuse I throw at it..

Monday, April 04, 2011 8:34 AM
yeah right now im looking at a cm 6 puck or a bully stage4

Monday, April 04, 2011 1:01 PM
My next clutch will be a bully stage 4 sprung for sure. I called bully a while back and if I remember correct they said the stage 3 I have is good for 350ft/lbs and 370hp. I didn't ask them about the stage 4 but I do believe it has 100% more capacity.

Wednesday, April 13, 2011 6:45 PM
well guys im going to take the car out to the track on friday and i really hope i can beat the 12.6 i previously ran i put the exhaust back on 3" mandrel and im hoping it will actually give me a lil bit more tq then the open downpipe also i gapped the plugs down to 30 from 42 so that should help keep it from breaking up in the high boost high rpms like it was last time. and i picked up a new wideband today cause old one quit a few months back and car pulls a 11.5-12.0 under wot full boost

Saturday, April 16, 2011 8:47 AM
So i go to the track last night and after i fill out tech card i start to jack the car up to switch over to the M&H street slicks after i get the 19s off and go to bolt on the steelies i notice that tire is hitting my coilovers wtf and i just ran these wheels and tires 2 weeks ago but i realized i had a dif suspension on there. So i decided to run the car anyways since i paid 20 bucks to run and needless to say i could not find traction anywhere last night my 60s were 2.2 2.5 and it would break loose past 1/8 mark which is pretty scary when one tire hooks and pulls you towards the wall lol looks like i can add a lsd to my long list of parts. oh and i wont post what it ran either lol

Saturday, April 16, 2011 9:00 AM
sucks to hear man. was the track cold? I run the TG LSD and it works great. Sounds like you need to get some spacers worked out to get them to clear. that might have slowed you down anyway. keep at it though.

Saturday, April 16, 2011 9:31 AM
im gonna call diamond on monday and talk to them bout some offset 14s car ran mid to low 13s and track was pretty cool so im hopin to get this issue solved and head back out there

Monday, April 18, 2011 3:05 PM
so just got off the phone with diamond racing and im gonna be ordering 2 14x7 with 3" backspace challenger series wheels weighing in at 16lbs per wheel just gotta verify that 3" backspace will give me the clearance i need

Im hopin to have the car ready by may 8th for a local import vs domestic track day

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search