14x7 Diamond Racing Wheel Offset - Racing Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
14x7 Diamond Racing Wheel Offset
Monday, April 18, 2011 5:48 PM
Hey i was just wondering if anyone knows if a 14x7 wheel with a 3 inch offset or a 4 inch offset would be best for a sunfire running 235/60/14 slicks? stock steelies with the 235/60/14 hits my tein coilovers i know that looking online at offset to backspacing converters that stock backspacing should be around 5-5.25 so im assuming that a 3 or a 4 inch bacspace would work perfect. oh and the tires were only barely rubbing i would say that all i need is a 1/2 inch of clearance but i would prefer to run the 3 inch but dont want it to look goofy sticking out.

RIP Cpl Derek Kerns And Cpl Robby Reyes
24th MEU VMM-261 (REIN) V22 Crewchiefs
11 April 2012 Morocco (African Lion)

Re: 14x7 Diamond Racing Wheel Offset
Tuesday, April 19, 2011 10:31 AM
I would say 4" would work fine.

You could always grab a piece of flat bar, hold it flat against the hub and measure back to the coilover to see what kind of backspacing you need.

Tuesday, April 19, 2011 11:07 AM
ok so i measured from the face of the hub to the coilovers and got 6 inches then i measured the backspacing of stock wheel and got 5.25 and backspacing with tire i got 6.5 so am i right to think that if i move the wheel out 1.25 that it would give me clearance that i need but then again the 5.25 backspacing was on a 6 inch wheel and the ones im looking to buy are 7 inches wide would that make a difference with the backspacing or am i thinking bout offset with the different widths

Tuesday, April 19, 2011 6:18 PM
so after doin some more research backspace doesnt change with the width only the offset i guess i was just confused earlier.

Now if im thinking right the 14x7 4 inch backspace will give me around 3/4 of an inch in between the coilovers and the inside wall of the tire and will prolly stick out 1.5-2.0 inches. I just hope i dont run into any rubbing problems when i turn

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search