Circle track - Racing Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Circle track
Monday, December 06, 2010 6:35 AM
I am racing a 94 cavalier on a 1/4 mile oval. I had a pretty decent wreck last year which caused me to change the A-frame. I was wondering how to get my lead back correct. As of now I am 1" closer on the right side than the left. So in reality I need to get 1" plus a little more. Any help is appreciated

Re: Circle track
Wednesday, December 15, 2010 3:23 AM
It sounds to me like you still have something bent. The easiest thing to try at this point would be to loosen everything including the sub-frame and apply some type of force to it to get it back in place. Then tighten everything and readjust the toe. After the toe is adjusted you can measure everything again and see if you got that inch back. I kind of doubt that that will do it, but it's worth a try. Make sure you work the suspension up and down a couple times to get the bushings to relax or the dimensions will change as soon as it hits the first bump.

Kenny "Poppop" Brown

Tuesday, December 28, 2010 4:57 PM
I had this same issue two years ago. The sub-frame more than likely needs to be changed. and while you take the old one out and put the new one in. look at it, there are some tricks you can do to it fro set up reasons.
Tuesday, January 25, 2011 5:58 PM
I also had the same problem with the right tire setting back a few inches. I had to replace the lower control arm, frame, and strut to get it back in the correct position.
Monday, April 04, 2011 6:49 PM
Sorry to bring this post back up. Season is near and I just got time to start message with it again. I replaced the control arm so I put the car on the rack to check the sub frame as a few of you stated. It looks straight as in no dents or kinks. Could it still be bent some way and I not see it. I did notice a smaller dent in the floorboard of the passenger side. Could that do it?
Monday, April 04, 2011 6:58 PM
wow. almost every "circle track" thread is people asking how to disable the limiter or governor. I don't know the answer to your question but for not being someone trying to disable these things i will give you a bump

bump

My car may run 18s, but I can do your taxes in 10 seconds flat.
JBO lube - they would never have enough in stock and we'd never see RodimusPrime again
Thursday, April 07, 2011 9:38 AM
start by measuring your wheel base on both sides and see if there the same
Sunday, April 10, 2011 4:09 PM
Well I ran the car last night for the first time (even though the lead was still wrong). The car ran very good other than when at full throttle the car would shake. Nobody outside the car saw it, it was not a missing shake but it seemed like something was loose. I checked over it today and every bolt was extremely tight. Again this only happens when in the throttle. Could this be an axle?
Wednesday, April 20, 2011 7:48 AM
likely not an axle. check for a bent rim and check your ball joints. could you tell where the vibration was coming from? as in what corner of the car?
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search