1/4 circle track tire size - Racing Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
1/4 circle track tire size
Friday, March 11, 2011 3:18 PM
So i just recently bought a 1998 cavalier 2.4. The rev limiter is set up for 7100 and it has some motor mods done. Im going to be running a high banked 1/4 mile. I was told told to run 185/60/14s in third gear. What size would u guys suggest and would u suggest running in second or third gear? thanks for the help in advance.

Re: 1/4 circle track tire size
Friday, March 11, 2011 8:00 PM
That should be a good starting point. 185/60-14 Running in 3rd gear

I run a 3/8 banked oval, and most people run 185 or 195/60-14 and since your track is a tad smaller 185 is a good tire to try first, than just tweak to your likings.
Saturday, March 12, 2011 7:19 AM
Alright. Thanks fer the help. Ill try that and see how it goes. I havent ever ran a four cylinder before ive always had modifieds. But for this year i decided to just get out of those with the price of everything to be competitive and with moving into a new house recently i needed to take a year off from it. So im just gonna try and figure out this fwd four cylinder stuff and have some fun.
Wednesday, March 16, 2011 7:11 AM
I run 15's on a mildly banked 1/4 its not to bad, i think i pegged limiter once on the back stretch

Wednesday, March 16, 2011 3:59 PM
yea my motor is built up pretty good. I just dont want hit the rev limiter halfway down the back stretch and have to let off. I also dont want to be so boggy that it has no get up and go. and did u run the 15s in second gear? and would 16s fit on my car or would they rub
Friday, March 18, 2011 3:44 PM
Is their any tire rule? Run the smallest tires you can in third, or the largest tires you can make fit in 2nd. It will be one of the two. Most people I know run third but their revlimiter isn't moved up like yours.
Saturday, March 19, 2011 8:06 AM
there isnt any tire rule they just have to be the same size left to right. And i think im going to startwith 185 14s and if that isnt working well then ill put some 15s on spare rims and try those. ill figure it out eventualy i just wanted to have a good starting point.
Saturday, March 19, 2011 8:09 AM
And thanks for all the help guys. And does anyone no what the biggest size of 15 will fit?
Monday, June 13, 2011 7:25 AM
i ran a 185 on the right front when i ran the local half mile, and it rubbed like a son of a bitch... i ran 15's in second at the 1/4 mi. track

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search