Circle track guru's needed ITT(dirt or asphalt) - Racing Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Circle track guru's needed ITT(dirt or asphalt)
Monday, June 13, 2011 7:30 AM
just looking for ides for a smarter setup for this season/next, wont be running much if at all this year to being at school... 01 z24, 2.4 autotragic

I blew up one motor last year for overheating it, swapped in a new 2.4 out of a 99 g/a ran that as a ticking time bomb with a rod knock and horrendious lifter tick.. now im looking for a new block as both heads are not warped are still fine to use.

Was wondering if any of you guys have any tips for me, i was a top 5 car for the last 1/4 of the season before i developed major engine failures.

Also ran stock suspension, any of u guys using any type of aftermarket struts?

Thanks for any and all the tips in advance guys

Re: Circle track guru's needed ITT(dirt or asphalt)
Monday, June 13, 2011 2:14 PM
If you stick with the 2.4 do the hybrid 2.3 oil pump swap. Thiers quite a few threads on how to do it. The oil pump is a very weak link on the stock 2.4. Maybe also look into a shift improver for the auto.
Wednesday, June 15, 2011 12:29 AM
yea i wanna do that oil pump swap for sure, also going to mod the oil pan alittle... im pretty sure the shift points have been moved already, but i could be wrong or the tach that was put in previously is off

Sunday, August 21, 2011 8:34 AM
I love how body roll works on dirt but don't on pavement

Cause I sucked at hockey
Sunday, August 21, 2011 5:29 PM
The dirt track you do looks a little more official and the track looks a little smoother, but still probably not a bad idea to put some sort of reinforcement in the k-frame... i've got 1 3/16 square tubing crossing from one rail to the other, running underneath the oil pan and transmission (inspection plate? automatic, bottom of the tranny), and 2 more running from that to the rad support at the front of the car and haven't had any movement since, although i've had more than one k-frame crack or break in the past. Only reason i went through the effort to do this one is my current cav has what is possibly one of the rustiest k frames i have ever seen that is still together, so i figured it needed it, hasn't broken yet.

^-- WTF!?! That's not a J!
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search