sunfire vs eclipse. - Racing Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
sunfire vs eclipse.
Thursday, July 21, 2011 12:52 PM
Hello.my friend has a bone stock 2008 eclipse gs he was wanting to run me at the track of course.I have a 2001 sunfire 2.2 ohv with a Garrett super 60 pushing 10-11 psi,greddy v-spec front mount intercooler.255-lph in tank pump.RC fuel injectors,full 3 inch exhaust,2.5 inch intercooler piping.larger throttle body.he says he will still smoke me.what do you think.

Re: sunfire vs eclipse.
Thursday, July 21, 2011 1:02 PM
Thursday, July 21, 2011 1:02 PM
I say take him to the track and find out !

Its really hard to gauge your tune and what a stock eclipse with him driving in it can run, your driving skills, how well YOUR actual motor responded to the mods, etc. So if there is a racetrack anywhere near you ( which I assume there is since he wants to run you there ) I would just race him and see how it goes.

Thursday, July 21, 2011 6:59 PM
Well the GS has 164 hp stock in a 3400 lb car. So ahhh if you were both stock I would say its a drivers race, but you're trubo'ed so you should blow his doors off.

1994 Saturn SL2 Home Coming Edition: backup car
2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport Coupe: In a Junk Yard
1995 Mazda Miata R-package Class=STR
Sponsored by: Kronos Performance

WPI Class of '12 Mechanical Engineering
WPI SAE Risk and Sustainability Management Officer
Thursday, July 21, 2011 7:03 PM
Agreed.. But again the only way to know for sure is to run him and find out
Thursday, July 21, 2011 7:11 PM
RED wrote:Agreed.. But again the only way to know for sure is to run him and find out

No the cavy should win even if he misses a shift. I mean, lets just look at stock for stock. The eclipse GS has 163 hp and weights 3400 lbs, his little ln2 made 115hp and weights about 2600 lbs. So the hp/lb on the eclipse is 0.0479 and the cavy 0.0442 thats close with an edge to the eclipse but a good driver in the cavy could win. Now lets say he's makes 200 hp which sounds about right/conservative then his hp/lb would be 0.0769, aka way damn better than the eclipse.

1994 Saturn SL2 Home Coming Edition: backup car
2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport Coupe: In a Junk Yard
1995 Mazda Miata R-package Class=STR
Sponsored by: Kronos Performance

WPI Class of '12 Mechanical Engineering
WPI SAE Risk and Sustainability Management Officer
Friday, July 22, 2011 10:00 AM
With those mods should be closer to the 230-240 hp range, which ups it even more, though, you would have to factor in anything done body/interior wise for added/removed weight.

JBO Stickers are back!!!! Click Me!!
Friday, July 22, 2011 11:19 AM
Go to the track and find out. No sense blabbering about it here

Thursday, August 11, 2011 3:32 AM
HardcoreXSunfire wrote:Go to the track and find out. No sense blabbering about it here

I agree, lets see the results.

Poppop

Kenny "Poppop" Brown

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search